Samsung.com Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
I've started using the dangerous Note 7 again. I don't care at this point. Samsung has offered no timely solution so oh well. Maybe I'll make the news.

Samsung is taking their sweet time to help us so I'll take my sweet time powering it down. Don't care at this point. Stores all around me have them in stock but won't sell them. They are reserved for people with defective devices (raises hand and is ignored).

I've got a huge paper trail of me begging to rid myself of this device and exchange, so whatever. Not worried. They gave us zero options. I tried.

Last edited:

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
OMG ....... after reading your posts on this thread ummmm I myself am very frustrated !!!! So so wrong of Samsung to treat you guys this way imho ?!?!

To think I was just a few clicks away from ordering my Note from them !?

63ef2e40be49c69166efb7f859e6b576.gif

Bud32767

Sep 23, 2016
Visit site
I have reactivated and have been using my recalled Note 7 for the last 10 days.
I got fed up waiting to return it and I wanted to use the vr gear headset I bought with my preorder.
Ive watched stereoscopic versions of avatar and the force awakens and it is great.

I spent many countless hours on phone and computer trying to get my replacement phone. The exploding phone was purchased at $850 + 50 tax + 20 next day shipping on an august 9th pre-order.

I turned off the automatic system update so I dont get the battery warning at startup or every charge cycle.
There has been a system update avalable update since 9-23 but I keep refusing the install.

I hope nobody gets hurt while Samsung gives its online customers no avenue to return their recalled devices.

:mad:

Last edited:

donhillla

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
OMG ....... after reading your posts on this thread ummmm I myself am very frustrated !!!! So so wrong of Samsung to treat you guys this way imho ?!?!

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160927/63ef2e40be49c69166efb7f859e6b576.gif

STOP!
Locate the backspace key on your keyboard
Press the backspace key until Samsung.com is fully erased.
Then step away from the computer.

Just trying to save you the aggravation

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160927/63ef2e40be49c69166efb7f859e6b576.gif

Turn around and run from that site
Me too! Like I had it in my cart and everything and then it said I wouldn't get the device until Sept. I was like forget that. Man I lucked out. I would have thought that Samsung.com people would have gotten the best treatment. Won't be ordering from them in the future.

Seeker336

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I ordered from Samsung on Aug 20. I wanted the Blue Coral AT&T version and it was back-ordered, same as in the AT&T stores. By the time the back order was ready, the recall caused all shipments to go on-hold. Bottom line: no Note 7 yet.

I called Samsung customer service, got passed to Sales, then passed to eCommerce department. Had a hold of about 15 minutes on the last transfer, then a very helpful person answered, took my Order number, and told me my Note 7 is scheduled to ship on October 14.

Will wait and see. Cheers.

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
my Note 7 is scheduled to ship on October 14.
I'm glad you got some human interaction and care, but Oct 14 is no bueno. I bought this device on...Aug 3...They are sitting in stores all around me, ready to be swapped. Did they explain why Samsung.com customers are being put at the back of the line and being treated grossly inferior to carrier customers?

anon(62000)

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Yikes. Glad I didn't order online. Had to return it anyway, and the resulting headaches with loaners and reps not being sure that they could extend return dates...... went back to a competitor.

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Just hung up with Samsung. After checking when I filled out the replacement form, I was hit with (and an attitude) SIR, THE THREE DAYS IS UP TOMORORW. WAIT UNTIL THEN.

If you call, you will be told to sit down, shut up and wait.

Class act. Maybe I'll put a pillow on top of this thing whilst charging and head out of town.

xkoolaidislifex

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Just hung up with Samsung. After checking when I filled out the replacement form, I was hit with (and an attitude) SIR, THE THREE DAYS IS UP TOMORORW. WAIT UNTIL THEN.

If you call, you will be told to sit down, shut up and wait.

Class act. Maybe I'll put a pillow on top of this thing whilst charging and head out of town.
It's receive in 3 days, not ship in 3 days. Gotta ship today to get tomorrow.

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
It's receive in 3 days, not ship in 3 days. Gotta ship today to get tomorrow.

I'd like to think it will show up on my doorstep tomorrow, but there is no way. Samsung absolutely won't foot the bill for overnight shipping lol.

I'm betting the tracking arrives tomorrow and shows FedEx ground. That means it would be out for delivery, direct signature required, next week.

I'm out of town all next week for work so that means I won't have it for another 1.5 weeks. That's cute.

Meanwhile they are just stacked up in local TMo stores reserved for special smart people who bought from a carrier. We aren't allowed to participate in that. Cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae