Samsung.com Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

donhillla

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Just hung up with Samsung. After checking when I filled out the replacement form, I was hit with (and an attitude) SIR, THE THREE DAYS IS UP TOMORORW. WAIT UNTIL THEN.

If you call, you will be told to sit down, shut up and wait.

Class act. Maybe I'll put a pillow on top of this thing whilst charging and head out of town.

Actually, I go my confirmation late Thursday night and the three business days to ship at the same time. So, Friday was day 1 and today (Tuesday) is day three. So I should get a shipping notice today. Not holding my breath on that one.

iksorwon

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I received my order confirmation Friday at 10pm. I just called to see when they will be shipping, the rep said between October 15st and 21st they should ship, they are on backorder. This is crazy.

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
I received my order confirmation Friday at 10pm. I just called to see when they will be shipping, the rep said between October 15st and 21st they should ship, they are on backorder. This is crazy.

Yeah that's not gonna work. At all.

People who bought from carriers have turned in their S7e loaners and have had replacements for over a week now. Replacement "they are backordered" units are sitting in stores nationwide but we're not allowed to touch them. Nice.

This is so broken I don't even know what to say anymore. Someone needs to be fired over this. Guess I'll call the CPSC back. And the law firm

They simply cannot continue to say "welp, backordered check back in a month" since they are in stores everywhere. Try again.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Just hung up with Samsung. After checking when I filled out the replacement form, I was hit with (and an attitude) SIR, THE THREE DAYS IS UP TOMORORW. WAIT UNTIL THEN.

If you call, you will be told to sit down, shut up and wait.

Class act. Maybe I'll put a pillow on top of this thing whilst charging and head out of town.
LOL. That is hilarious!!

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
We should all write a email to Mr Tim Baxter to tell him what kind of job he's running at Samsung.com direct. It's shameful. The guy should be FIRED!
I already did last week and do you think they cared? NOPE, not a peep out of them and I wrote to him on three of his email addresses with the subject line as: PLEASE HELP

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Yeah that's not gonna work. At all.

People who bought from carriers have turned in their S7e loaners and have had replacements for over a week now. Replacement "they are backordered" units are sitting in stores nationwide but we're not allowed to touch them. Nice.

This is so broken I don't even know what to say anymore. Someone needs to be fired over this. Guess I'll call the CPSC back. And the law firm

They simply cannot continue to say "welp, backordered check back in a month" since they are in stores everywhere. Try again.
I am going to call CPSC tomorrow AGAIN now that I am hearing the latest.

iksorwon

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I just filed a chargeback. I am using this grenade until I could buy a new note from Best Buy. I will never order from samsung.com I am wondering about the new LG but I like this damn note too much.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I just filed a chargeback. I am using this grenade until I could buy a new note from Best Buy. I will never order from samsung.com I am wondering about the new LG but I like this damn note too much.
Iksotwon, Probably a good idea. Which carrier is your phone?

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Just went to another T-Mobile store. Asked if I could swap. He said sure thing! We are doing everything humanly possible to get these out of peoples hands! I said I'd run home and grab it but let him know I didnt have a receipt. He said great so you bought on Craigslist? We will take it! I (mistakenly) said nah, Samsung.com. He called a help line and he told them I bought from Samsung. They said sorry nothing we can do, go to Samsung.com for help. Lo. L.

I asked him had I said "Craigslist" would they have helped me. He dodged the question.

So, just go in and lie. You will be taken care of. Honesty, it seems, gets you nowhere.

Flyn2high

Sep 27, 2016
Visit site
I pre-ordered two note 7’s on Samsung.com along with accessories that were not available at Verizon yet. Of course they came and a few days later was the recall. I was lucky that I delayed in posting my old Note 4’s on eBay so I still have them to use.

I waited for the replacements to be available and after many phone calls, I also used the special return procedure and entered my order number and email address. However, it only let me do one of the two phones. When I tried to run it again it would not let me with a red letter notice. Now the red message says something to the effect that includes orders with more than one phone to also call the number.

Anyhow after calling they take all my info and said someone will call back no later than 48 hours. It’s been 4 days with no call. I am thinking of doing a charge back on my credit card.

I see on Samsung.com if you order S7 phones they will come with a Gear VR. Hmmmm I already have a pair of the 256 memory cards. I wonder if they will extend that offer to the Note 7’s when they are available and just cancel and reorder.

Lou

Flyn2high

Sep 27, 2016
Visit site
I just got off the phone with samsung. They have yet a new procedure. They are not going to send out special packaging to ship the defective phones back and they are not going to ship out the new Note 7's to me in advance.

The only option is that someone is going to come to my home with my two new note 7s and pick up the old ones at the same time. This will not happen is 2 or 3 days but it sounded like a week or so.

Lou

Last edited:

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
FYI, samsung direct said they got phones into the warehouse today. Maybe good news?

Stores got them in a week ago.

None of this matters. It's not over until it arrives.

Absolute circus. I am embarrassed for them. I let their support know via a DM Convo on twitter that I'm using it full tilt around the clock since Samsung has given me no alternative. Asked them to wish me luck.

And the law firm just called me back. They are referring the case to their attorneys. If this is a class action, feel free to join up. Again if Samsung"fixes" this tomorrow, doesn't forgive the weeks of silence and danger they forced on us to keep the devices in our homes. Aside from burying them in our backyard, we've been given no reasonable disposal direction. That's concerning.

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Wow I feel so so bad for all of y'all that got from Samsung directly what a mess. If possible try to get a carrier or best buy to exchange it because Samsung seems to be changing their story from what i read or tell credit card company to block the charge and get refunded. That way you can get it from carrier directly. Such a huge company and such pathetic way of handling their customers it's sad. I almost bought from them and because i dont like delayed gratification I ordered mine from best buy originally for in store pick up. Yikes. Good luck to all.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm glad you got some human interaction and care, but Oct 14 is no bueno. I bought this device on...Aug 3...They are sitting in stores all around me, ready to be swapped. Did they explain why Samsung.com customers are being put at the back of the line and being treated grossly inferior to carrier customers?
You guys are being put at the end of the line because they have the carriers to keep happy, the ones that spend millions of dollars at Samsung. Who would they rather have raising hell with them, you or Verizon, at&t, T-Mobile, and so on. The carriers have more money and lawyers.

I will add, won't be buying direct from Samsung in future. That's for sure.

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
You guys are being put at the end of the line because they have the carriers to keep happy, the ones that spend millions of dollars at Samsung. Who would they rather have raising hell with them, you or Verizon, at&t, T-Mobile, and so on. The carriers have more money and lawyers.

So... discrimination. I'll be sure to let my lawyer know.

That's no excuse for how amateur this is. Our $907 is just as green.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Ok, i just recieved my call from Samsung (Texas) like Coolbreeze78 did the other day. Sheesh, she asked if I wanted to swap or refund. I told her i have been trying to exchange this Sept 4 and YES i want to exchange it! I also told her I filled out the online form the other day and she wanted that confirmation.order number... I asked her why she was calling and she said that she was trying to "expedite" my exchange. I asked her if she had any idea when this would happen. She said that she wasn't sure because they have phones coming in every day and that she will call me when she has a tracking number... Anyway she appoligized for the umpteenth time from a Samsung rep.... As with everything else with this company I don't hold anything as "truth" and will only believe I am getting an exchange when it is actually in MY HANDS!!! Will keep you posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance