09-15-2016 04:13 PM
827 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    If I were to get another phone it would have to be the HTC 10. Had it and miss it
    09-04-2016 09:57 PM
    Really don't like Windows tablets. Glad you like yours. I will get the next Note tablet that comes out. I only got the S2 because my Note 10.1 was too heavy. I still have it and it still works great. Rooted too. Great tablet, just heavy now. I'm going to refresh it and use it somewhere else where the weight isn't an issue.
    Refurbished Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 $300 with LTE...Love it.
    09-04-2016 10:21 PM
    I never got to experience the Note 7 since mine arrived on the day of the recall. So I can't say if it's a good experience or not. Honestly, I'll wait and see if I can secure a replacement by the end of the month. If not, I'll probably stick with my iPhone 6 Plus until the Pixel XL comes out.
    09-04-2016 10:33 PM
    If I were to get another phone it would have to be the HTC 10. Had it and miss it
    Really miss my 10... I finally decided to sell it and stick with the Note. Already was hesitant on keeping the Note as the 10 felt faster to me in every way apart from camera.

Sold it and literally two days later this recall was announced. I was going to buy it back from the person I sold it to as he didn't like it, but he screwed me over after agreeing to sell it to me and sold it on Swappa.

For now, my friend let me borrow their Z Force until everything is resolved and so I can see if I want to exchange it for the force.

My Note is off now as yesterday it got to 100 degrees while charging. First time it got up to that plugged in. It usually stays anywhere from 83-90.

So far. Really liking the Moto. Love love active display and forgot how much I missed it. Fingerprint sensor is way faster as well and the phone itself is smoother and faster. I haven't had a great opportunity yet to compare camera .
    09-04-2016 10:39 PM
    I say the same thing. V20 is supposed to be in stores Sept 18th, or 23rd depending on what person you ask here. If that is true since Tmobile currently is giving us until Sept 30th to swap for a different phone, I might just hold off getting a new Note 7 and end up getting a V20. Since it might only be $650 that would give me an extra 200 to by spare batteries and a couple cases and probably still have a little left over.
    "Spare batteries"......for the Note 7!?
    09-05-2016 02:06 AM
    "Spare batteries"......for the Note 7!?
    Lol.

I think he meant spare batteries and other accessories for the V20.

It's likely coming with a removable battery. LG's holding on to it for as long as they can since their flagship phones are pretty much the only ones left (at least from a mainstream brand) with a user-replaceable battery. Everyone else has sealed it up.
    bushy73 likes this.
    09-05-2016 02:22 AM
    Lol.

I think he meant spare batteries and other accessories for the V20.

It's likely coming with a removable battery. LG's holding on to it for as long as they can since their flagship phones are pretty much the only ones left (at least from a mainstream brand) with a user-replaceable battery. Everyone else has sealed it up.
    Yes. I just re read it. My bad.
    09-05-2016 02:29 AM
    I'm staying Note 7, and also agree it's the best phone on the market for my taste.
    zipro and toenail_flicker like this.
    09-05-2016 03:53 AM
    I've been having an affair with my S7 all day.
    09-05-2016 03:55 AM
    The S7E is the same phone minus the problems plus bigger battery. You can buy a pen for that too if you really need one.
    Note 7's batt issue will no longer be an issue after the exchange. If anyone feels so, they shouldn't have got Note 7 in the first place, should go straight for S7E already?
    09-05-2016 04:23 AM
    I would probably say so. It's funny, though, because if not for this recall I would have never tried a different phone.

The fact that I have JOD probably plays into my decisions as well. If I ended up missing the N7, I can always JOD back to it. But for now, I'm happy with the S7E. I realize it's a holiday weekend, though, so things might change once the workweek starts.
    I'm torn on what I want to do. I have a Note 4 and a Moto Turbo 2 I could use in the meantime but I am leaning towards the S7E....truth be tod I don't use the stylus that much. I just don't like the fact the S7E is nearing it's life cycle although it's about a hundred cheaper.

What kind of battery life are you getting? Displays nearly the same? Camera?
    09-05-2016 09:08 AM
    I have the S7E and the note 7.
    Like the note 7 better.
    TylerLV76 likes this.
    09-05-2016 09:10 AM
    I have the S7E and the note 7.
    Like the note 7 better.
    +1
    Something about the way the S7E feels in the hand is not as nice as the Note 7. Battery life was too close to consider a difference. The only thing I liked more on the S7E was the display. It had a cooler color tone and seemed to have deeper blacks. The curve on the S7E also caused me more unintentional screen presses that I didnt experience on the Note 7
    zipro likes this.
    09-05-2016 09:18 AM
    I originally went back to the nexus 6P but changed my mind and went back to the S7 edge. I'm still following the devices that will be announced over the next few weeks but it will be hard to top the edge. Also doesn't hurt best buy was giving out $150 gift cards for purchasing.

The note is probably out of the question for me now. Either the edge or something from a different company. So all in I ended up with $40 in samsung gift cards, 256gb SD card, gear fit2 and $150 best buy gift card to end up with the same phone I started with lol.
    09-05-2016 09:24 AM
    I'm torn on what I want to do. I have a Note 4 and a Moto Turbo 2 I could use in the meantime but I am leaning towards the S7E....truth be tod I don't use the stylus that much. I just don't like the fact the S7E is nearing it's life cycle although it's about a hundred cheaper.

What kind of battery life are you getting? Displays nearly the same? Camera?
    Battery life - I've only had it for 2 days, so I can't report much on battery life
    Display - S7E seems a bit better
    Camera - haven't taken any pics yet

If you don't have JOD, I get why you don't want to buy a phone nearing the end of its life-cycle. Based on the N7 threads, it seems like I may have just gotten a lemon. My N7 never outperformed my N5 - but I can't speak to how anyone else's ran
    09-05-2016 11:00 AM
    The only thing I liked more on the S7E was the display. It had a cooler color tone and seemed to have deeper blacks.
    Yes - this. I definitely have noticed a difference with the display. S7E is better.
    09-05-2016 11:02 AM
    No Way am I leaving the Note 7.
    09-05-2016 11:05 AM
    Battery life - I've only had it for 2 days, so I can't report much on battery life
    Display - S7E seems a bit better
    Camera - haven't taken any pics yet

If you don't have JOD, I get why you don't want to buy a phone nearing the end of its life-cycle. Based on the N7 threads, it seems like I may have just gotten a lemon. My N7 never outperformed my N5 - but I can't speak to how anyone else's ran
    Thanks for your info. I had the Note 5 as well and without doubt the N7 is better. But I'm not having any issues with the N7 - but if Murphy is gonna get someone - Murphy will get me.
    09-05-2016 11:08 AM
    Thanks for your info. I had the Note 5 as well and without doubt the N7 is better. But I'm not having any issues with the N7 - but if Murphy is gonna get someone - Murphy will get me.
    Okay, wow. You got a good one. My N7 was only better in the sense that it was waterproof & had expandable storage & edges.
    09-05-2016 11:18 AM
    Well I sold my 2 year old Note 4 for $75 ,have really ejoyed the 7 , think I will switch from blue to silver , look at it this way we all got to try it out with no obligation to stay.
    I have Insurance with samsung so the glass isent that big of a concern to me.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-05-2016 11:37 AM
    Some of the rumors suggest the V20 will be modular too. YUK!! If so I'm staying far away from it.

LG V20 release date, news and rumors | TechRadar
    09-05-2016 01:08 PM
    After returning my Note this morning at ATT I was browsing the phones and was in awwww with the size of the LG VG10 or whatever its called haaaa !?!?

I know they're announcing the specs for the 20 tomorrow so we'll ummmm wait and see !?!?
    09-05-2016 02:30 PM
    Thanks! Yea I don't notice the iphone in my shorts pocket while biking, but the note I did It wasn't awful, but I did worry about it being damaged from the motion, even though it didn't hit anything. Just the up and down in my leg pocket.

Good thought on the watch. Can you download songs from Google play music to a watch? I stream my music normally. If they is a possibility, that could work.

Never felt like I had to baby a phone in the past. I mean I take care of them, but my droids, s3, m7, iphone 5s or 6s were always sturdy and I never thought twice about them when out doing stuff. Agree, larger phones won't likely be as durable , and I always have a phone on me whether for music, GPS tracking, etc.
    Transferring music over from Google Play Music works fine, but only with Android Wear watches. The Gear S range doesn't support that
    09-05-2016 02:40 PM
    First the people that say a S7E screen is better than the note 7 needs to get their eyes checked I carry a note 7 and a S7e daily ones a work phone the other is a personal phone but I am looking for something to replace the note 7 with a bigger screen, because I have a S7E. The note 7 is only marginally better but it is better. I wish Huawei would release the Mate 9 or the Note 8 in the US then I would try something other than samsung for a change, I have had every note including the original note edge. Im ready to try someting different but I want bigger than 5.7 inch edge screen. If not than another note 7 it is.
    09-05-2016 03:22 PM
    I'm returning mine, but I'll be back once the dust settles. I honestly can't settle for anything else after using it.
    toenail_flicker and zipro like this.
    09-05-2016 03:29 PM
827 ... 89101112 ...