09-15-2016 04:13 PM
827 ... 1415161718 ...
tools
    For me, the BS with the FAA evaluating whether to ban the Note 7 on US flights is the final straw:
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...s-faa-yep.html

I've decided I'm returning mine to the Tmo store tomorrow for a refund, and I think the Samsung wireless charging pad is within the Amazon return window so that will go back too. I am charging up my 6p right now and will swap sim cards tonight. My daughter was going to get the 6p for her birthday in November, but it looks like she may have to settle for a MotoG4+. Unless I like the Nexus/Pixel phones, whenever they get announced.

Too bad, I **loved** the visibility of the screen on the Note 7, doesn't wash out in sunlight like my 6p, and I thought the no-side-bezels was sexy. A little bit easier to hold in my hand as well, and I was getting used to pressing the physical button to go home from any app. It also took *much* smoother video because of the stabilization. On the negative side, besides the whole recall BS, I did find the camera to occasionally make bad choices in low-light situations (orange hues), the thumb print recognition was still 50/50 - requiring me to lift my thumb up after I press the home button to wake and press again with my thumb to unlock, the iris scanner worked for me like 20% of the time so was useless, and I did notice micro-lag (1-second-ish) when transitioning between many apps. Overall it was a mixed bag, and certainly not enough positives to make me switch out for an S7 edge.

Peace and love to all the Note 7 faithful fans, but I'm out.
    LOL

so how do you think the FAA is going to be able to distinguish these Notes from a replacement that most will have next week?

Relying on government is your first mistake in making a decision like this.
    09-08-2016 07:25 AM
    I'm going to iOS! I'm not brand loyal to anyone, they don't have that kind of control over me. I have an Android tablet so that will allow me to enjoy what both systems offer. I was really enjoying my note 7 with the exception of battery life and the lag, not too mention the possibility my device may blow up. I'm not looking forward to iTunes, but nothing is perfect so I'll have to live with it.
    I find it amazing that Apple announces this new device and people are saying "yeah. That's it. I'm going to change". It's a NEW device with no headphone ports any longer and a different processor. Are you not concerned about issues out of the box?

That's what many people are arguing about the Note 7.

I think it's more about the latest and greatest being shown than it is about function.

I have an iPhone 6s+ and loved it. I am going to use it again until I get a new Note 7 replacement.

But. For all those that say it doesn't lag I can video tape it otherwise. My iPhone DOES lag and stutter when moving through screens and apps. It's not terrible but neither is the Note 7.

My iPhone also gets VERY warm on the back when I am watching video, doing web searches, YouTube etc JUST like the Note 7.

Now since I own the iPhone there's no way I'd rip it. I mean it's a very good phone. Why else would I own one?

But for all of this I do still feel the Note 7 has more to offer in total experience and features.

I just don't understand the comments about all this lag and issues with battery life. I do think overall it's just the user itself.

My iPhone 6s+ was excellent on battery. It drains FASTER when actually using it than the Note 7 vs idle.

However I am getting 10-12 hours of battery on my Note 7 with moderate to heavy use. That's almost identical to the iPhone.
    T48 and Gray Area like this.
    09-08-2016 07:32 AM
    I have a complete opposite experience than you. My iphone hardly ever lagged. I could go days at a time and never see it. My note 7 lags pretty good most of the time.
    My iphone battery life was phenomenal. Even during usage. If I look at my note I start losing battery. Going through my typical morning routine by the time I arrive at work my iphone is at 100%. My note is at 92%. I work in a cleanroom so no signal inside. With the iphone in my pocket I lose about 1 - 2% by the time I go out for break. My note would lose 10% - 20%. Android phones just don't like losing signal so I have to remember to put the note in airplane mode.
    Honestly there just isn't anything anymore than I need to do on android that I can't do on ios. In my experience the iphone has the speed, battery and signal strength over android. Android has a superior notification system and I do love the back button.
    09-08-2016 07:59 AM
    Honestly there just isn't anything anymore than I need to do on android that I can't do on ios. In my experience the iphone has the speed, battery and signal strength over android. Android has a superior notification system and I do love the back button.
    It is interesting that you mention signal strength. A friend moved from a Note 4 to 6s+ & after the switch was constantly dropping calls. Maybe just bad luck in terms of his location or something? But by the 4th or 5th time in a month it was getting annoying.

Am curious if how Apple moved or integrated the antennas on 7 line will affect reception for better or worse.
    09-08-2016 08:22 AM
    I have a complete opposite experience than you. My iphone hardly ever lagged. I could go days at a time and never see it. My note 7 lags pretty good most of the time.
    My iphone battery life was phenomenal. Even during usage. If I look at my note I start losing battery. Going through my typical morning routine by the time I arrive at work my iphone is at 100%. My note is at 92%. I work in a cleanroom so no signal inside. With the iphone in my pocket I lose about 1 - 2% by the time I go out for break. My note would lose 10% - 20%. Android phones just don't like losing signal so I have to remember to put the note in airplane mode.
    Somehow, I find Note 7's idle battery life is pretty poor but rather good in actual usage.

When idling, my Note 7 and G4 battery life drops pretty similar. But on actual usage, the SOT on my Note 7 is at least 2x of my G4.
    Gray Area likes this.
    09-08-2016 08:28 AM
    Awfully tempted to go back to the S7 Edge. I feel like I have a ticking time bomb with the Note 7. I actually preferred the camera ui on the Edge as well as things like rotating lock screen wallpaper and some of my favorite themes are not available on the Note 7. Plus, if you're T-Mobile it looks like the S7 Edge will get access to their souped up LTE (MIMO, 256/64 QAM) first.
    09-08-2016 08:33 AM
    I'm staying with the note 7 after exchange, but my only problem is the looks in the stares everybody that don't know much about phones! The average consumer is going to think any person with a Samsung Galaxy phone from 2010 to present is going to blow up for the next few months. Also, this whole FAA thing is concerning even though I don't fly often, I will need to fly next year possibly and there's no way they can differentiate from a new note or someone who slipped under the rug because they wanted to hold onto their device instead of exchanging. What's next? Are we going to get extra searched by TSA? Are they gonna have to call a # and give our serial #s to confirm good device?
    09-08-2016 09:18 AM
    The 7+ looks nice. I actually came to the Note 7 from a 6s+ and while the 6s+ has been one of the best devices I've ever used, I miss the more feature-filled Note series. I'm staying with the Note for now, but may look back into iPhones next year. In the meantime, I'm also going to pick up a new iPad. My original iPad Air is really showing its age.
    Yessssss. I would miss things if I migrate. Spen, etc. otoh a friend is giving me a mini that I'm looking forward to trying.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    09-08-2016 09:32 AM
    Eh... People will be trying to bend every future model of the iPhone after the iPhone6 and post there is an issue when it can't take there 400lb butt lol. A story gets stuck to you, it will be stuck forever lol.

I'm staying with the note 7 after exchange, but my only problem is the looks in the stares everybody that don't know much about phones! The average consumer is going to think any person with a Samsung Galaxy phone from 2010 to present is going to blow up for the next few months. Also, this whole FAA thing is concerning even though I don't fly often, I will need to fly next year possibly and there's no way they can differentiate from a new note or someone who slipped under the rug because they wanted to hold onto their device instead of exchanging. What's next? Are we going to get extra searched by TSA? Are they gonna have to call a # and give our serial #s to confirm good device?
    Gray Area likes this.
    09-08-2016 09:36 AM
    I'm going to iOS! I'm not brand loyal to anyone, they don't have that kind of control over me. I have an Android tablet so that will allow me to enjoy what both systems offer. I was really enjoying my note 7 with the exception of battery life and the lag, not too mention the possibility my device may blow up. I'm not looking forward to iTunes, but nothing is perfect so I'll have to live with it.
    If Apple would PLEASE get rid of iTunes I would probably at least try an iPhone. Unless and until, I'm a Note user for my phone.
    recDNA likes this.
    09-08-2016 09:40 AM
    Will it have IR blaster?
    Yes
    09-08-2016 09:41 AM
    You'd miss the spen if you went to any other phone other than Note. That's the only thing no other phone I believe has. I had to go to iPhone 6 after my G4 died and was hating the idea cause I LOOOOVE Google app and search for everything using "OK Google" and find places and get directions and follow Google Maps.

But every app I had on the G4 I found on iPhone and even learned a workaround with Google... install Google App and put shortcut on task bar at thumb reach... one extra step to launch the app but once launched, "OK Google" gets me all the info I need and if I ask for directions, it will open up Google Maps and I'm good

I really miss double tap to wake the screen from my G4 and double tap to lock instead but can't seem to find the "perfect" phone with everything you want lol.

Yessssss. I would miss things if I migrate. Spen, etc. otoh a friend is giving me a mini that I'm looking forward to trying.
    09-08-2016 09:42 AM
    Any time I look at any other phone, the first thing I double check is the pen option (other than the usual fat-tipped variety).
    You'd miss the spen if you went to any other phone other than Note. That's the only thing no other phone I believe has. I had to go to iPhone 6 after my G4 died and was hating the idea cause I LOOOOVE Google app and search for everything using "OK Google" and find places and get directions and follow Google Maps.

But every app I had on the G4 I found on iPhone and even learned a workaround with Google... install Google App and put shortcut on task bar at thumb reach... one extra step to launch the app but once launched, "OK Google" gets me all the info I need and if I ask for directions, it will open up Google Maps and I'm good

I really miss double tap to wake the screen from my G4 and double tap to lock instead but can't seem to find the "perfect" phone with everything you want lol.
    09-08-2016 09:49 AM
    LOL

so how do you think the FAA is going to be able to distinguish these Notes from a replacement that most will have next week?

Relying on government is your first mistake in making a decision like this.
    I'm relying on the government to do something completely stupid and overreact, like banning all Samsung phones. Partly kidding, but the problem here is that I **don't**know** what the government will do, and that risk is too much for me. Since there is even a small chance at this time that the phone could be banned, and I have the rare opportunity of a do-over in returning it, I am taking my mulligan. No harm, I go back to my 6p and sit here for a couple of months to see what happens. Hell, Samsung may very well have some good holiday sales on the N7 because the sales will undoubtedly take a hit from this fiasco. I paid full price for my phone and wireless charging pad, so worst case is I'll just pay full price 2 months from now if this all gets cleared up. Or, it could turn out the upcoming pixel phone actually is awesome and I upgrade to that. There is no downside to me doing the return, and only the upside of avoiding unknown risk at this time.

And believe me, if it does get banned I will be laughing my a$$ off at everyone who keeps posting that I'm crazy, there is no way it will never happen.
    09-08-2016 09:50 AM
    There's always Blackberry........LOL
    09-08-2016 09:56 AM
    Awfully tempted to go back to the S7 Edge. I feel like I have a ticking time bomb with the Note 7. I actually preferred the camera ui on the Edge as well as things like rotating lock screen wallpaper and some of my favorite themes are not available on the Note 7. Plus, if you're T-Mobile it looks like the S7 Edge will get access to their souped up LTE (MIMO, 256/64 QAM) first.
    Am sure the Note 7 will have the same risk as any other device with any sort of battery installed. Including cars. Samsung is correcting the issue, so would not think of it as being a problem once this is all taken care of. If you prefer the S7E, then by all means that is where you should spend your money.

On a separate subject, Wall Street is not amped about Apples announcements yesterday. From Reuters a few min ago...

"Apple weighed on the three major U.S. stock indexes on Thursday morning, a day after the tech giant unveiled the new iPhone 7 that failed to impress Wall Street.

Shares of Apple (AAPL.O) fell 2.1 percent, their steepest decline since June 24... "Apple drags down Wall Street | Reuters
    Gray Area likes this.
    09-08-2016 10:31 AM
    If Apple would PLEASE get rid of iTunes I would probably at least try an iPhone. Unless and until, I'm a Note user for my phone.
    Don't use iTunes then! You aren't required to use it. I didn't when I had an iPhone.
    09-08-2016 12:23 PM
    Don't use iTunes then! You aren't required to use it. I didn't when I had an iPhone.
    LOL
    09-08-2016 12:44 PM
    This is correct. iPhones dont have to hook up to iTunes to work like in the past.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-08-2016 01:05 PM
    This is correct. iPhones dont have to hook up to iTunes to work like in the past.
    Can you add music to your phone without Itunes?Like just drag and drop from a folder? ( Not being sarcastic....Actual Question)
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-08-2016 01:07 PM
    How do you do that (I've only had a shuffle, but getting a mini from a friend)?
    09-08-2016 01:29 PM
    I will be sticking with my note 7. I am not even going to turn it in on the recall. !! phones have blown up and all in Korea.
    This is 100% not true. Phones have blown up in the US. A display one in a T-Mobile store blew up!
    09-08-2016 01:37 PM
    I find it amazing that Apple announces this new device and people are saying "yeah. That's it. I'm going to change". It's a NEW device with no headphone ports any longer and a different processor. Are you not concerned about issues out of the box?

That's what many people are arguing about the Note 7.

I think it's more about the latest and greatest being shown than it is about function.

I have an iPhone 6s+ and loved it. I am going to use it again until I get a new Note 7 replacement.

But. For all those that say it doesn't lag I can video tape it otherwise. My iPhone DOES lag and stutter when moving through screens and apps. It's not terrible but neither is the Note 7.

My iPhone also gets VERY warm on the back when I am watching video, doing web searches, YouTube etc JUST like the Note 7.

Now since I own the iPhone there's no way I'd rip it. I mean it's a very good phone. Why else would I own one?

But for all of this I do still feel the Note 7 has more to offer in total experience and features.

I just don't understand the comments about all this lag and issues with battery life. I do think overall it's just the user itself.

My iPhone 6s+ was excellent on battery. It drains FASTER when actually using it than the Note 7 vs idle.

However I am getting 10-12 hours of battery on my Note 7 with moderate to heavy use. That's almost identical to the iPhone.
    My wife has the ip6s+ and its battery is a beast, very hard to kill... I'm a T-Mobile customer with jump on demand so I can easily switch back to the Note 7 if the iPhone 7+ doesn't knock my socks off. Might as well capitalize on being able to give my note 7 back and try something new. The iPhone looks like a beast specs wise, especially with the recent tests showing the iPhone 6s+ destroying the Note 7 in speed and flying in and out of apps..plus I can get Mario on from the app store. No brainer to me.
    09-08-2016 01:44 PM
    My wife has the ip6s+ and its battery is a beast, very hard to kill... I'm a T-Mobile customer with jump on demand so I can easily switch back to the Note 7 if the iPhone 7+ doesn't knock my socks off. Might as well capitalize on being able to give my note 7 back and try something new. The iPhone looks like a beast specs wise, especially with the recent tests showing the iPhone 6s+ destroying the Note 7 in speed and flying in and out of apps, can't imagine how much better the a10 chip will do...plus I can get Mario on from the app store. No brainer to me.
    09-08-2016 01:46 PM
    Went with moto z force for now. Once all this is straightened out I plan on going back to note 7. It's a great phone. I just don't need the stress of it with all the stories and no release date. If I wait price might drop. All that being said, the moto is nice but it sure isn't a note. ☹️
    09-08-2016 01:48 PM
827 ... 1415161718 ...