09-15-2016 04:13 PM
827 ... 1516171819 ...
tools
    I know I'll get a ton of apple hate with this one, but it's not why I'm asking.

I'm genuinely curious. Note 7 users must've seen the keynote just to see if the iPhone is a potential option for replacement.

With waterproofing, new cameras and a lot of power under the hood, has the iPhone 7 done anything to sway you?

The black color must be tempting for those who had the black note 7. They almost look the same. The matte black looks extremely nice.

I know feature wise the iPhone doesn't even come close to the Note. But still. What's everybody's take on this? Has Apple done enough? Can Apple ever do enough?
    09-08-2016 03:24 PM
    I had a iPhone 6s plus prior to the note 7 and I'm kinda missing it. Battery life, performance and signal strength are superior to the note.
    shadoweave likes this.
    09-08-2016 03:35 PM
    I will be getting one on one of my lines. I'll be keeping the note active on my second line too though. May swap back and forth. I have an s7 edge that I don't really care for so the iPhone 7 plus will take its place.
    09-08-2016 03:36 PM
    Not a chance. Ill stick with my 6s+ and note 7
    09-08-2016 03:36 PM
    I didn't want to create a duplicate thread but Samsung is running another promo for S7 (edge and active included) purchases between 9/8 and 10/9. Gear VR or 256 GB memory card. Just passing along.
    09-08-2016 03:39 PM
    I didn't want to create a duplicate thread but Samsung is running another promo for S7 (edge and active included) purchases between 9/8 and 10/9. Gear VR or 256 GB memory card. Just passing along.
    Meant to post screenshot.
    Attached Thumbnails are you leaving the Note 7? if so, where are you going?-screenshot_20160908-163428.jpg  
    09-08-2016 03:39 PM
    The cameras look interesting for sure. Not so much the new "home button" and lack of headphone jack. They always make great hardware IMO. It's iOS I can't use on a smartphone (though it's fine on a iPad).
    pcsperson likes this.
    09-08-2016 03:45 PM
    No, I feel that all of the iphone's are mainly used by teenage girls or girls who still think they're teenagers and as a grown a$$ man I can't be caught using one, it will be too embarrassing.
    09-08-2016 03:48 PM
    Only if Samsung fails to get the replacement units out by the end of the month.
    Strong_Genetics likes this.
    09-08-2016 03:53 PM
    Quoted 15 hour SOT!

You will also find screen protectors that stay on and it probably doesn't instantaneously combust.

It will no doubt sell in large numbers, as always.
    09-08-2016 03:58 PM
    I'm going from a S7 Edge to an iPhone 7 plus. That thing just looks like a beast! I also get a budget every year of $500 for a work device (any more and I make up the cost out of pocket). For that I'm going for the Honor 8.

I suspect Samsung will come out swinging next year, and they're going to have to. The competition is unbelievable now. But I will take a hard look at next year's S devices and who knows?
    libra89 likes this.
    09-08-2016 04:01 PM
    Can you add music to your phone without Itunes?Like just drag and drop from a folder? ( Not being sarcastic....Actual Question)
    Don't know. I don't put music on my phone. I use streaming services. I know you can download directly to the phone from those services.
    09-08-2016 04:02 PM
    Definitely not going near the 7 but my 6 plus screen is taking a dump so I may swap it for a 6s plus. In my experience though the battery on any of my iphones has never been as good as the s7 line including the note. Based on what I saw the iphone 7 has less talk time and audio playback that the 6s and previous models. The headphone connector is a deal breaker since you cant charge and listen at the same time. I need that while Im flying. Ip67 does no more than allow it to get splashed. Overall Im not impressed and really want my note 7 back.
    09-08-2016 04:03 PM
    I am actually contemplating it. Just returned my Note 7 today due to the recall and have a 6p as a backup. I do miss the note 7 already. May pre-order or pick up a iPhone 7+ unless the new Note 7 units come in before the 16th. Will give iPhone 7+ a try (last one I had was iPhone 3 before jumping to Android). I love using my iPad but couldn't stand using an iPhone....at least i'll have 14 days to try it before deciding what to do.
    09-08-2016 04:06 PM
    I'm doing the switch. Was a long time iPhone user before getting the Note 7. Was really enjoying it but this recall is leaving a bad taste in my mouth so I'm returning it and preordering the iPhone 7.
    09-08-2016 04:09 PM
    Only enticing thing is performance but that's not enough to sway me.
    09-08-2016 04:10 PM
    Only enticing thing is performance but that's not enough to sway me.
    You still think the Note 7 out performs the 7 Plus?
    09-08-2016 04:27 PM
    It wouldn't do anything to for me, but I really don't like iOS at all.
    msndrstood likes this.
    09-08-2016 04:31 PM
    Never used iphone, that could be my first one though i'm afraid of closed IOS, as i used to android too much.
    09-08-2016 04:38 PM
    It's a nice phone but the killer for me is the OS. I used to have iPhones and would always jailbreak them but even with that they were still pretty limited in regards to customization compared to Android. Plus when updates came out you had to decide if you were willing to lose the jailbreak or wait and hope that the new update could be jailbroken and then update. I despise iTunes as well.

What I find funny is that Apple fans used to say that Samsung copies Apple. Apple made fun of the large screen Samsungs saying they weren't realistic and nobody wanted something that large... fast forward a few years and Apple releases the Plus models and touts them like they are the first to come up with the concept. Same with adding water resistance to the phones... it's probably a matter of a few years before they offer an iPhone with a stylus. Since Steve Jobs passed away Apple is no longer the leader in innovation, if anything to me they seem to be trying to keep up with the competition.
    pcsperson, Zaku77, Weils and 1 others like this.
    09-08-2016 04:41 PM
    I'm doing the switch. Was a long time iPhone user before getting the Note 7. Was really enjoying it but this recall is leaving a bad taste in my mouth so I'm returning it and preordering the iPhone 7.
    This is how I feel and not rushing to get the replacement until things are officially solve. I'm not hesitating to go back to my iPhone 6s+ which i didn't send back yet after I return the note.
    09-08-2016 04:42 PM
    No. Looks like a great and beautiful "innovative" device, but it's not for me. If the N7 hadn't come out, I would still be on my Huawei Mate 8 and waiting for other screens (will never be able to go below a 5.7" now)
    cynth.hgn and solotristan88 like this.
    09-08-2016 04:48 PM
    Anyone been able to return the phone and the phone only? I am four hours from home for a week and would like to return the Note ASAP until the battery is figured out.
    09-08-2016 04:55 PM
    not me, there really is nothing about it that if find worth switching back for. this note 7 is my first android device (have been on iOS since the iPhone 4). my short time with the note really made me fall in love with it.
    cynth.hgn likes this.
    09-08-2016 04:57 PM
    The reason I haven't tried iOS, is because as I've watched all of my in laws use their iPhones, it seems like the only way to get the full positive experience, is to sink yourself completely into their Apple trap. Apple are control freaks and they have to control every aspect of your life, or they will make you frustrated. I am extremely hesitant to ever give an iPhone a try because I hated iTunes, and I hate Macs. I understand that their controlling nature does lend itself to some positive effects, such as seamless integration and performance, but I value my electronic freedom far too much.

Apple would have to release a device running Android before I'd ever switch. OR they'd have to have the most incredible warranties imaginable in case the phone had an issue. I've heard some good experiences with getting a device replaced, but I've heard of just as many nightmares. Therefore, I do not see myself ever moving to iOS.

As far as switching from the Note 7, I understand the people who don't understand how great this recall actually is, and want to leave because of it. Some people simply do not grasp that a recall is a pretty awesome thing for the consumer minus the "nuissance" of stopping by your carrier to get your device replaced. But for people who are switching to the iPhone 7 simply because the Note 7 didn't impress them, you've had the device for less than a month. Obviously everyone can make their own decisions but you'll never be satisfied with anything if you weren't impressed by the Note and think the newest is always better. It's the whole "Grass is always greener on the other side" principle.
    T48, Shadowyugi, pcsperson and 3 others like this.
    09-08-2016 05:02 PM
827 ... 1516171819 ...