09-15-2016 04:13 PM
827 ... 1617181920 ...
tools
    1080p screen still... Eh.... The great pictures taken on the iPhone 7 will ironically look better on the note 7 screen lol......
    09-08-2016 05:03 PM
    thinking about it, but i tend to always do this. inevitably something will frustrate me about ios. i feel like ios caters to the masses and android caters to my idiosyncrasies.

i love tasker for instance where i can rest my phone on my wireless charger between certain hours and it turns off all my lights and any harmony activities that i have running. i love that i can use an app like join that syncs my clipboard across my android, windows and mac devices. i actually find that the apps that i love are either missing from ios like sync for reddit (though i believe it's now in beta). last pass for instance works better on android for my needs. i hated it on ios. i love that i can install Good Lock on my phone and have different things appear on my phone when i'm in different locations. i will probably be annoyed that i can't manage my text messages on my windows machines. i would miss samsung pay and wireless charging, and the s-pen. i definitely use the s-pen in conjunction with my sp4/surface book.

i can go on and on. but i think it's more curiosity than anything. i took a break from android and had an iphone 4s and the 5 but left for an s4 and have been on android ever since (except for those 3 days when i tried a 6s+ and realized that i missed everything about my note 5). but we will see what happens.
    pcsperson and mari dub like this.
    09-08-2016 05:10 PM
    Nope. Had the 6s+ but that ship has sailed. Nothing really innovative that swayed me at all
    09-08-2016 05:14 PM
    If iPhone 7 is an option to anyone here, I wonder why they had picked up Note 7 since it's only a couple of weeks between their launches.

Shouldn't they wait for both to come out to decide which one to get? Just puzzled.
    09-08-2016 05:21 PM
    I don't care about the iPhone or note 7. We had a note 3 a while back. I'm quite happy with my Amazon fire phone. It works great, especially after I loaded up Google play store on it. Great performance at a cheap price. Too bad Amazon messed up with marketing.

The note 7 looks decent enough but I prefer a smaller phone and will stick with fire phone until it dies.
    09-08-2016 05:26 PM
    With Verizon only giving me until the 30th, who knows. I really just want another Note 7 and I think that won't be a problem but if Samsung can't get enough in by then I might have to try the Apple 7+. Luckily for me, the wife is also ready for a phone and will probably go Apple again so I can try out the new one until the Note 7 comes back into action and then switch with her.

By the way, how come so many complained about the price of the Note 7 but I haven't heard squat about how much the iPhone 7 Plus is... You'd have to get at least the 128gb to have enough storage and that's $870! If you go with 256gb it's $970!
    09-08-2016 05:35 PM
    Awfully tempted to go back to the S7 Edge. I feel like I have a ticking time bomb with the Note 7. I actually preferred the camera ui on the Edge as well as things like rotating lock screen wallpaper and some of my favorite themes are not available on the Note 7. Plus, if you're T-Mobile it looks like the S7 Edge will get access to their souped up LTE (MIMO, 256/64 QAM) first.
    You'll just end up mad u went to the edge. The note is miles better believe me.
    09-08-2016 06:24 PM
    If anyone thinking of switching to iPhone was on this 1 hour and 46 minute (so far) phone call Ive been on with Apple you wouldnt even consider going to Apple. Bought applecare, got a broke iPhone 6 plus (lcd display going for the 2nd time), tried getting it fixed and told it didnt have applecare and it would be $349. Pull out my credit card statement and show them it was bought, get told it was bought but for another phone. The other phone was the original 6 plus that had a bad lcd so they exchanged it. They never transferred the applecare to the exchanged phone and now say they cant do anything about it.

So its not just Samsung, its all these companies. They worry so much about the financial reports that they forget how to actually handle day to day operations.

1 hour and 53 minutes now.
    09-08-2016 06:53 PM
    If iPhone 7 is an option to anyone here, I wonder why they had picked up Note 7 since it's only a couple of weeks between their launches.

Shouldn't they wait for both to come out to decide which one to get? Just puzzled.
    Because Note7 was announced on August 3rd giving customers a great idea of what Note7 would carry. But, with the recall happening everything has shifted because Apple just had their event and we are still waiting for our Note7 replacement devices.
    09-08-2016 07:06 PM
    I've decided that based on the Note 7 battery issue that I'm going to step away from the Note 7 this year. After 4 consecutive Note phones. I got the 7 launch day and had issues in the beginning which I ended up correcting by day 8 factory multiple factory resets and setting up without restoring from backup. Worked perfect and then I only returned it to wait out battery gate. However, I have now decided that this year I will try the iphone 7plus. I know it can't match the Note at all but I am looking for something simple and different this year and here is how I came to my decision for myself personally. I already use two phones now. Iphone 6 for work and a Note 5 personal. I'm going to keep the Note 5 and switch it to my corporate phone and get rid of the iphone 6. Using the Note 5 for work will actually allow me to use it to its full potential for my job. I will then use my iPhone 7 plus as my personal phone. I feel I've been spending way too much time messing with my personal phone tweaking it for battery life optimization, customization, etc etc and I feel an iphone would keep me from doing all that because I wouldn't have that option. Dumb reason maybe, but I feel that I will be more productive at work with a Note and less obsessed with my iphone outside of work. For example I have spent over a month in anticipation and stressing, pre ordering, waiting for delivery, dealing with lag and battery explosion issues just for a Note 7. I'm exhausted. I need a break. I do need a new phone because the Note 5 battery is sub par now, but I've decided to basically force myself into a box with the iPhone 7 plus which I know has great battery life and live a simple life until the Note 8. The Note 7 was fantastic, and other than the issues Samsung hit it out if the park. Good luck to all of you I wish you the best with it.
    badMojo69 likes this.
    09-08-2016 07:20 PM
    It has crossed my mind.
    I miss my Airmail app on the iPhone.
    09-08-2016 07:23 PM
    Thinking about it.
    09-08-2016 07:48 PM
    I had a iPhone 6s plus prior to the note 7 and I'm kinda missing it. Battery life, performance and signal strength are superior to the note.
    The battery will no doubt put the note's to shame, as will the new A10 chip's performance. I will make the switch from my note 7 to the iPhone 7plus. Apps such as Instagram & Snapchat work much better on the iPhone and the app store has a much better selection. I will miss certain aspects of Android, but I fill that void by using my tablet so I get the best of both worlds. I'm not loyal to any brand, so it's an easy choice for me.
    09-08-2016 08:03 PM
    Yep blk plus 128 and I'm still keeping my note 7
    09-08-2016 08:04 PM
    I am actually contemplating it. Just returned my Note 7 today due to the recall and have a 6p as a backup. I do miss the note 7 already. May pre-order or pick up a iPhone 7+ unless the new Note 7 units come in before the 16th. Will give iPhone 7+ a try (last one I had was iPhone 3 before jumping to Android). I love using my iPad but couldn't stand using an iPhone....at least i'll have 14 days to try it before deciding what to do.
    I tried this last year. After 6 mo with the iPhone, I was bored as f###!
    09-08-2016 08:16 PM
    Closed iOS is all perspective... if you want to customize every little pixel in every screen and just spend your day flipping through multiple home screens, then stay with (insert God knows which version) of Android (depending on which phone you get) - unless you root it...or something.

OK now, don't get me wrong - I have a Note 5 and love it...I also have all Macs, an iPad Pro and iPhone 6 Plus. They work FOR ME...at least up until I saw the Note 7. In my opinion, based on my daily tasks & functions (from my phone), it's clear the iPhone 6 Plus will be replaced.
    09-08-2016 08:23 PM
    Can't stand the ios ecosystem (or apple in general), so nope.
    09-08-2016 08:25 PM
    This sounds weird, but I'm REALLY enjoying Gear VR, and am excited for the future of mobile VR. I am excited to see what Samsung will do with the type C connector on the Note 7, with VR. The Iphone has incredible battery, and for 1080 screen, it looks really good. Always a stable phone.
    09-08-2016 08:31 PM
    With Verizon only giving me until the 30th, who knows. I really just want another Note 7 and I think that won't be a problem but if Samsung can't get enough in by then I might have to try the Apple 7+. Luckily for me, the wife is also ready for a phone and will probably go Apple again so I can try out the new one until the Note 7 comes back into action and then switch with her.

By the way, how come so many complained about the price of the Note 7 but I haven't heard squat about how much the iPhone 7 Plus is... You'd have to get at least the 128gb to have enough storage and that's $870! If you go with 256gb it's $970!
    I agree. Apple can charge a fortune and nobody says anything, Apple can copy other phones and everyone says Apple was a genius for having that feature.
    T48, pcsperson and Weils like this.
    09-08-2016 08:48 PM
    Will this iPhone finally have nfc? Will it allow me to download from any where instead of just iTunes? No head phone jack?
    09-08-2016 08:53 PM
    No way. There are other options if the Note7 doesn't work out.
    09-08-2016 09:23 PM
    With all these replies I'm seeing, Samsung should hurry.

I really think that Apple has a way of selling their products as 'new'. I was enchanted with this misconception as well. But now that the dust has settled, the iPhone 7 isn't new by any means. And the Note 7 is a far better buy. Still.

I hope Samsung comes back as quickly as possible. They deserve their product to be out there right now.
    09-08-2016 09:39 PM
    IMO the Note 7 rocks and sticking with it.
    dstrauss and pcsperson like this.
    09-08-2016 10:49 PM
    With all these replies I'm seeing, Samsung should hurry.

I really think that Apple has a way of selling their products as 'new'. I was enchanted with this misconception as well. But now that the dust has settled, the iPhone 7 isn't new by any means. And the Note 7 is a far better buy. Still.

I hope Samsung comes back as quickly as possible. They deserve their product to be out there right now.
    If some of the shipping dates that are on the pre order thread over at imore are true for the iphone 7. Would think a good percentage of Note 7 users will have had their devices replaced by Samsung.
    09-09-2016 02:38 AM
    No, I feel that all of the iphone's are mainly used by teenage girls or girls who still think they're teenagers and as a grown a$$ man I can't be caught using one, it will be too embarrassing.
    Hahaha. Teenage girls........like, totally.
    Karen Hildebrand likes this.
    09-09-2016 03:25 AM
827 ... 1617181920 ...