09-15-2016 04:13 PM
827 ... 1718192021 ...
tools
    I watched the keynote this year like every year before and the reason i do that it's because i like technology and I want to see some new features and technologies that apple comes out with, but to tell you the truth i don't really see it any more and it's kind of embarrassing to Apple that it's like that.

all i see it a familiar technology with a great sales pitch behind it, Nothing blew my mind in this keynote familiar design familiar technology familiar choice of words ("the greatest iphone we ever made...", "redesign...", "...the best in the market", "it's in our DNA...").

Other than that i can say that the reason they remove the headphone jack doesn't seat well in their mind also, I advice to all of you to go and watch how apologetic and defensive Phil Schiller sound when he talk about the removable of the headphone jack.

If apple wanted to really be on the top of the smartphone market they should have release the iPhone 6 5 years ago and continue with their lineup the same as now what means that the iPhone 7 would be an amazing phone two years ago...(if you think they couldn't do it think again).

So no, the thought of switching to iPhone 7 didn't cross my mind and it probably wouldn't in the years to come.
    09-09-2016 03:41 AM
    The need for iTunes means no ios ever agian

Burn in hell iTunes. Your daily updates can fry too.
    xsikal likes this.
    09-09-2016 04:09 AM
    People make buying a new phone too hard. If you like ios then go with the iPhone. If you like android pick an android phone you like. It just bugs me when people go into these explanations about why they should or shouldn't switch or remain. There's nothing wrong with saying I like this new iPhone. I'm getting it. Bye! ". Lol
    Ddust14, mhettrich and J4To like this.
    09-09-2016 04:34 AM
    I'm thinking about it. I have to say that I HATE this curved screen. Can't touch it without the case otherwise I'm clicking on all sorts of stuff I don't want to. Letters on the side look like they're falling off the screen. I can't get a screen protector to stay on with a case unless I cut the bottom off and 2 upper corners. I see no upside to this stupid curved screen at all. However, I like most everything else so........what to do? I still have a Note 4 that will stay active
    Mghollan26 likes this.
    09-09-2016 05:12 AM
    I've decided that based on the Note 7 battery issue that I'm going to step away from the Note 7 this year. After 4 consecutive Note phones. I got the 7 launch day and had issues in the beginning which I ended up correcting by day 8 factory multiple factory resets and setting up without restoring from backup. Worked perfect and then I only returned it to wait out battery gate. However, I have now decided that this year I will try the iphone 7plus. I know it can't match the Note at all but I am looking for something simple and different this year and here is how I came to my decision for myself personally. I already use two phones now. Iphone 6 for work and a Note 5 personal. I'm going to keep the Note 5 and switch it to my corporate phone and get rid of the iphone 6. Using the Note 5 for work will actually allow me to use it to its full potential for my job. I will then use my iPhone 7 plus as my personal phone. I feel I've been spending way too much time messing with my personal phone tweaking it for battery life optimization, customization, etc etc and I feel an iphone would keep me from doing all that because I wouldn't have that option. Dumb reason maybe, but I feel that I will be more productive at work with a Note and less obsessed with my iphone outside of work. For example I have spent over a month in anticipation and stressing, pre ordering, waiting for delivery, dealing with lag and battery explosion issues just for a Note 7. I'm exhausted. I need a break. I do need a new phone because the Note 5 battery is sub par now, but I've decided to basically force myself into a box with the iPhone 7 plus which I know has great battery life and live a simple life until the Note 8. The Note 7 was fantastic, and other than the issues Samsung hit it out if the park. Good luck to all of you I wish you the best with it.
    At least you've thought it through, can't knock your reasoning. Stress free is best.
    09-09-2016 06:48 AM
    Can someone please talk me out of this????

I wanted the Note 7 so bad. I came from LG and was excited to get my first Sammy. I got it the week it launched.

I am enamoured with the phone. And to be honest I was okay with the plan to exchange. I enrolled in the Samsung exchange program.

Now the airline stuff is making me nervous. I was okay until that.

Not only am I thinking of going back to my store to exchange but I am even thinking of not even getting the edge.

It has been a while since I had a small phone. When I returned my G4 to get the boot loop issue fixed I went back to my Nexus 4 for a couple weeks. It felt refreshing to have a very pocketable phone.

I'm thinking of going to the S7. Am I crazy? I don't even want a second look at the airport. Will I regret that decision going forward? Should I just do the exchange and hope this all blows over? What if Sammy announced that 500 thousand morons didn't exchange the Note 7? Will that make a ban on them "stick" at the airport?
    09-09-2016 06:58 AM
    Well, you go go with the older 6s or 6s Plus with the help of Apple Plug...

are you leaving the Note 7? if so, where are you going?-animation-1.gif
    Strong_Genetics likes this.
    09-09-2016 07:09 AM
    I bought the Note 7 on release day because I wanted a change, and I do like it. But I'll be switching back to an iPhone next week. There are some things I miss, including the ease of all my tech in the ecosystem. If there was no recall I wouldn't even be thinking about switching.
    09-09-2016 07:37 AM
    The 7 plus is on backorder from Tmobile now unless you want to spend mega money for the 256gb model. according to thier site the Note 7 won't go on sale until late Oct.

FML. Stuck on this POS s7 for awhile.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=FjjTvNDp
    09-09-2016 07:47 AM
    No way. I tried the dual cameras with HTC and it is not worth it. Also the head jack is a joke. I would hate to have to carry an adapter all the time to plug in my Bose headphones. I will keep my Note.
    That is why I hesitate to return the Note. I return it and get shoved to the back of the line of late oct. The 7 plus won't ship until end of Sept at the earliest. I hope those dates are BS. figuring the first couple weeks is just for Note 7 users to get first dibs so probably the second week of Oct then.
    09-09-2016 08:07 AM
    I feel like I'll be going back to 2013 with an iphone. It really is just a good mid range device but that shiny apple emblem adds 400$ to it.
    09-09-2016 08:10 AM
    Can you add music to your phone without Itunes?Like just drag and drop from a folder? ( Not being sarcastic....Actual Question)
    Yes. Depending on where you put the music and the app you're using you may have to have it scan or change location to find the files. Either way, you'll be good with drag and drop.
    09-09-2016 08:17 AM
    I thought about it for a split second this morning at 2 AM but the ship date was already out to late November.
    09-09-2016 08:21 AM
    Is that what they're saying... late October? I'm looking to switch from iPhone 6 Plus to the Note 7 (AT&T)...

That is why I hesitate to return the Note. I return it and get shoved to the back of the line of late oct. The 7 plus won't ship until end of Sept at the earliest. I hope those dates are BS. figuring the first couple weeks is just for Note 7 users to get first dibs so probably the second week of Oct then.
    09-09-2016 08:23 AM
    Is that what they're saying... late October? I'm looking to switch from iPhone 6 Plus to the Note 7 (AT&T)...
    This is from the Tmobile website
    09-09-2016 08:27 AM
    I bought the Note 7 on release day because I wanted a change, and I do like it. But I'll be switching back to an iPhone next week. There are some things I miss, including the ease of all my tech in the ecosystem. If there was no recall I wouldn't even be thinking about switching.
    I'm just curious - why does the recall make the decision for you? In next few weeks you'll have a brand new Note 7 in your hands, with all of its advantages over the iPhone 7 Plus. After nine years (stood in line for first iPhone), I traded away teh 6s Plus for the Note 7 - couldn't be happier (except for FAA involvement - afraid it will ultimately lead to bans by individual airlines).
    indydrummer and Weils like this.
    09-09-2016 08:38 AM
    Makes sense really. Take care of the customers who have the Note7 already waiting for replacements and than new customers.
    09-09-2016 08:40 AM
    Just read on pocketnow that in Australia the replacements will start 9/21 & new sales inventory for October. Would like to see something posted via Samsung direct with all dates posted for availability.
    09-09-2016 08:47 AM
    If I get a iPhone 7 it'll be such a step back in technology alone.... I mean I haven't had a 1080p display since my note 2 lol... and I'm so used to the Spen and iris scanner and getting used to samsung Mst pay...... And no multitasking in IOS still.... I would be giving up so much just for software optimization and the feeling of being coddled by IOS
    09-09-2016 08:57 AM
    No way, I swapped my iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus for 2 Note 7's on September 1st and am not going back. Registered on the Samsung Canada site for a replacement, it's going to be mailed to my door along with a prepaid return package for the 2 defective ones. No date yet as to when they will show up.

https://canadanote7exchange.expertinquiry.com/
    09-09-2016 09:04 AM
    No way, I swapped my iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus for 2 Note 7's on September 1st and am not going back. Registered on the Samsung Canada site for a replacement, it's going to be mailed to my door along with a prepaid return package for the 2 defective ones. No date yet as to when they will show up.

https://canadanote7exchange.expertinquiry.com/
    I wish they took that same approach here in the US. Just mail them out to whoever signs up and we mail them back
    09-09-2016 09:08 AM
    I wish they took that same approach here in the US. Just mail them out to whoever signs up and we mail them back

Yea. Much easier than dealing with ding dong reps at the store and waiting a couple hours. The return process for Tmobile takes over an hour to do in stores people are saying. With the only store near me always being busy and clueless it would probably be a 2-3 hour ordeal.

And to the other poster, yea I saw that this morning with the Iphone back ordered too, at least with Tmobile it already is. I might as well stick with the Note and swap it out soon hopefully.

Why do Iphones still modern longer? They don't go out of style one year later like our Samsung devices do.
    09-09-2016 09:15 AM
    Lol. FINALLY someone else who thinks their phone might be a great phone but is just exhausted! I knew I wasn't alone
    Shawn0813 likes this.
    09-09-2016 09:20 AM
    Anyone been able to return the phone and the phone only? I am four hours from home for a week and would like to return the Note ASAP until the battery is figured out.
    I just gave them the phone, the accessory (battery backpack case) i bought from T-Mobile and I kept everything else.
    09-09-2016 09:26 AM
    Lol. FINALLY someone else who thinks their phone might be a great phone but is just exhausted! I knew I wasn't alone 😊
    As I call Sprint stores and get the run around this morning, I'm seriously considering not only returning the note 7 but not getting another phone at all because no other phone with sprint excites me! I might go as far as buying a mobile hotspot and running with a tablet with a Google voice #! Then reconsider when the note 8 or another worthy phone comes out!

That's how frustrated and exhausted I am! Exhausted with Sammy, sprint, news, mean spirited jokes, etc...
    daisyd1224 likes this.
    09-09-2016 09:28 AM
827 ... 1718192021 ...