09-15-2016 04:13 PM
827 1234 ...
tools
    Went back to HTC 10 temporarily, until I get the V20 and Marlin. May be will come back to Note 7 later in the year if I get bored with other phones.
    09-02-2016 09:40 PM
    I'm 95% sure I'll just get a replacement. Definitely another Black Onyx!
    09-02-2016 09:44 PM
    Vodafone Australia is offering the S7 edge with the first month of the contract for free... I don't know what to do! I've already bought all my accessories and skins.
    I have enjoyed the phone for what it is: a beautiful, powerful device with tons of features. Samsung pay is the coolest thing I've ever seen on a phone. I was pleased with my decision to leave iOS behind me and get reacquainted with android after several years away.
    I have found that I much prefer siri over Google now because i can access siri while driving without even touching the phone. I like the way messages display better and I like having one email app that does what I want it to do vs 100 to choose from that I don't seem to like.
    I think what I've learned from the past two weeks is that iOS works best for how I use my phone. I was prepared to deal with it anyway but since the recall happened I'm going to take the opportunity to go back to my iPhone.
    Note 7 is a brilliant device, just not the best device for me.
    I'm a sticking with the Note
    09-02-2016 09:45 PM
    I have enjoyed the phone for what it is: a beautiful, powerful device with tons of features. Samsung pay is the coolest thing I've ever seen on a phone. I was pleased with my decision to leave iOS behind me and get reacquainted with android after several years away.
    I have found that I much prefer siri over Google now because i can access siri while driving without even touching the phone. I like the way messages display better and I like having one email app that does what I want it to do vs 100 to choose from that I don't seem to like.
    I think what I've learned from the past two weeks is that iOS works best for how I use my phone. I was prepared to deal with it anyway but since the recall happened I'm going to take the opportunity to go back to my iPhone.
    Note 7 is a brilliant device, just not the best device for me.
    It's almost kismet for those iOS users already on the fence about sticking with the Note.
    09-02-2016 09:47 PM
    I will get another Note 7 once they are available. No interest in anything on the market or coming. The Pixel XL would interest me if they were not being made by HTC.
    What's the issue with htc ?

I came from the htc 10 to the note. I prefer the 10. Was faster and smoother for me. Phone felt rock solid too. One of my favourite phones I ever used. I sold it after finally settling to stick it out with the note and with the anticipation that I'll be getting the pixel/nexus anyways so didn't want to have a similar device from the 10 to the pixel.

I'm contemplating buying back my HTC 10 at this point from the guy I sold it to and return my note, but there are definitely certain things I like about the note that is making it hard for me to determine.. screen is stunning , really like the edge, power saving mode is awesome, camera is a little better and I really enjoy the Samsung internet browser.
    09-02-2016 09:49 PM
    I just returned mine to Target. I'm using my backup Moto X Pure until I decide what to do. I had pre-ordered the Force before the Note was announced then cancelled the pre-order and waited for the Note. I do go through 3 - 4 phones per year and my fear with the Force was resale value. That became my fear with this Note recall as well. I can only keep up my habit if I can resell the phones for a reasonable loss, lol.

I will definitely wait until Apple's announcement on Wednesday before doing anything. I don't think it will be anything special, but I go back and forth and am comfortable on both platforms.
    09-02-2016 09:58 PM
    I just returned mine to Target. I'm using my backup Moto X Pure until I decide what to do. I had pre-ordered the Force before the Note was announced then cancelled the pre-order and waited for the Note. I do go through 3 - 4 phones per year and my fear with the Force was resale value. That became my fear with this Note recall as well. I can only keep up my habit if I can resell the phones for a reasonable loss, lol.

I will definitely wait until Apple's announcement on Wednesday before doing anything. I don't think it will be anything special, but I go back and forth and am comfortable on both platforms.
    This is my fear. Even when the dust settles , this whole thing is going to leave people scared and it will impact the resell value of the phone for sure.
    09-02-2016 09:59 PM
    Undecided as to what I'm going to do. I am itching to try a Moto Z, possibly the play with the better battery life.
    09-02-2016 10:04 PM
    Been a Samsung galaxy user since the S4 and had the Note 4, Note 5 and now Note 7. I love my Note 7 and don't plan on leaving. I'm getting pretty into the Samsung "ecosystem" now with using Samsung Pay frequently, gear watch and having a lot of health and workout data in S Health. Not really looking to switch.
    09-02-2016 10:04 PM
    He'll no. Especially not those two phones the OP listed. They aren't even in the same boat as the note7.
    Kalkarni00 likes this.
    09-02-2016 10:14 PM
    Silver is the one I wanted least. Then it was the only one available so I got impatient and bought it. It is so beautiful that I have no regrets. When I trade mine out I'll get another silver one.
    09-02-2016 10:20 PM
    I turned my Note 7 in today. It really sucked. Picked up a Moto G4 Plus to hold me over until they figure out what's going on with the Note 7
    09-02-2016 10:26 PM
    Is the honor 8 in stunning blue even a reasonable alternative? I dig my n7. Don't really want to deal with this mess however. I've already wasted hours tosay with ATT and target for clarity. Maybe a return and an affordable honor 8 until the Google and v20 come out?
    09-02-2016 10:28 PM
    I took a pic of my Note 7 still in its box as I wasn't able to take it with me because of the recall, so for Now, maybe, I am getting used to my new IPhone 6s Plus. Waiting for Note7 to get fixed👏🏻
    09-02-2016 10:37 PM
    Absolutely not switching. I came from LG and suffered the boot loop issue. They made no attempt to be proactive. Granted this is a safety issue but I swore I would never go with LG again.

I really believe you guage the mettle of a company through adversity.

On the same day I learned the recall was for real (today) I got a text from Bell with a status report on the recall as well as a statment from Samsung. No dicking around... Just yes we will switch your phone.

I am staying with Note 7. I'm already hooked on the pen and it is the best device I've ever used.
    09-02-2016 10:38 PM
    No I will be staying with my Note 7 until the replacements arrive.
    toenail_flicker and nonie like this.
    09-02-2016 10:43 PM
    Nah; had the N7 about 6 days now. I like it a bunch. I'll wait til I can just walk into a store and swap for the same non-recalled one.
    nonie and Kalkarni00 like this.
    09-02-2016 10:45 PM
    I plan on staying with my Note 7. This is the first phone I have really loved. It meets all my needs and more. So, I'll probably wait it out until a replacement device can be had. I won't accept a refurb. I bought a new phone at full price and expect a new phone in exchange.

Kevin
    toenail_flicker and nonie like this.
    09-02-2016 10:46 PM
    I'm sticking with the N7. Even though the battery may not be the best around. I just sent my S7E back yesterday so I can get credit for my jump. So as of right now I really have no choice. I had the N4 skipped the 5 then upgraded to the S7E now back with the N7. Hope to keep it for a while. Can't afford another phone. In the planning stages if getting a home so I need to keep this as long as possible.
    09-02-2016 10:47 PM
    I returned mine today to best buy. I went back to my 6s Plus for now and I am just going to keep my eye out and not rush into a decision.
    Kalkarni00 likes this.
    09-02-2016 10:49 PM
    What's the issue with htc ?

I came from the htc 10 to the note. I prefer the 10. Was faster and smoother for me. Phone felt rock solid too. One of my favourite phones I ever used. I sold it after finally settling to stick it out with the note and with the anticipation that I'll be getting the pixel/nexus anyways so didn't want to have a similar device from the 10 to the pixel.

I'm contemplating buying back my HTC 10 at this point from the guy I sold it to and return my note, but there are definitely certain things I like about the note that is making it hard for me to determine.. screen is stunning , really like the edge, power saving mode is awesome, camera is a little better and I really enjoy the Samsung internet browser.
    I'm just not a big fan. They are very inconsistent, so I don't trust them. I have the Nexus 9 and it is alright.
    09-02-2016 10:53 PM
    Just sold my note 7.... I dont know where am I heading now... Honestly if not with the recall issue and bootloop going on now here in Singapore... I should be staying but.. Im scared that my replacement set might get bootloop so I get rid of it for now....
    09-02-2016 10:53 PM
    I'm enjoying this phone too much to want to go to something else. That being said... If Samsung said nope, we are canceling the Note 7 this year, I might give LG another go with the V20
    09-02-2016 10:56 PM
827 1234 ...