09-15-2016 04:13 PM
827 ... 1819202122 ...
tools
    I preordered my IPhone 7 plus. If this recall didn't happen I would of kept my N7
    09-09-2016 09:31 AM
    I will never be an iPhone person but I am sure jealous of that 256 gb of internal storage. This was the one rumored Note 7 feature I am really disappointed that we did not get.
    09-09-2016 09:34 AM
    I will never be an iPhone person but I am sure jealous of that 256 gb of internal storage. This was the one rumored Note 7 feature I am really disappointed that we did not get.
    I would much rather have removable storage with a sim card ......
    09-09-2016 09:38 AM
    Lol. FINALLY someone else who thinks their phone might be a great phone but is just exhausted! I knew I wasn't alone 😊
    Indeed. I have wasted countless hours of my life in regard to this phone.
    daisyd1224 likes this.
    09-09-2016 09:48 AM
    I would much rather have removable storage with a sim card ......
    I have had nothing but issues with the higher capacity cards.
    09-09-2016 09:54 AM
    Never used iphone, that could be my first one though i'm afraid of closed IOS, as i used to android too much.
    If you are used to android, you will not like the closed ecosystem of IOS. I'm the opposite as I've had all iPhones since the first iPhone until the Note 5. And now with the Note 7, it will be extremely hard for me to go back to IOS, and I really can't think of one feature that would pull me to move back to IOS.

Don't be swayed by all of the marketing hype of the iPhone 7, because if you just look at the Note 7 and iPhone 7 side by side, there is no way that most people could say that the iPhone is the more appealing device. Both are powerful devices, but if you really get down to what each phone can do, for me, the Note 7 is the clear winner.

Now, if Samsung would just keep them from blowing up. :-)
    Weils likes this.
    09-09-2016 09:57 AM
    At $969 you are jealous? 64gb is fine for all the apps. Yeah, it would be nice to have 256gb of memory at the same $849 pricepoint. But, given a choice of 64gb internal + 256gb external for $849 or 256gb internal for $969, I will take the $849 option every time.
    09-09-2016 09:58 AM
    Every phone carrier in American is strung up with the pre order and release of the iPhone 7. I called Verizon to ask about the Note 7 replacement and the girl says, so you want to order the the new iPhone?

Good luck getting a replacement for the Note 7 now.

I'm ready to give up.
    Tarah Sorber likes this.
    09-09-2016 10:01 AM
    Yeah I finally had to give it up. I miss it. It's an awesome phone. But I said it before, once it became a point of stress and worry it lost its appeal. I'll try again in the future. Good luck to all.
    Gray Area, badMojo69 and drusum like this.
    09-09-2016 10:09 AM
    Every phone carrier in American is strung up with the pre order and release of the iPhone 7. I called Verizon to ask about the Note 7 replacement and the girl says, so you want to order the the new iPhone?

Good luck getting a replacement for the Note 7 now.

I'm ready to give up.
    It shouldn't have anything to do with it. Samsung sends the phones to the carrier and UPS ships them to the stores or us to swap.

Iphone 7 Plus is back ordered so you won't get that until the start of Oct now unless you want to wait outside all night at the store in line on launch day.
    09-09-2016 10:11 AM
    I would go to the Galaxy S7 edge before I ever take the iPhone route....iPhone is just not a fun phone and lacks many features that I use such as VR and always on display .....but I am waiting for my note 7 and still using my explosion prone note 7 until I get my replacement
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-09-2016 10:13 AM
    Lol. FINALLY someone else who thinks their phone might be a great phone but is just exhausted! I knew I wasn't alone ������
    I'm getting to that point too. If i want a 7 Plus it probably won't be until Early oct since they're back ordered now and I got two weddings the first week of Oct so I won't be home on some of those days if the delivery comes. If I can't swap out by the last week of Sept I'll just have to return it and buy it later on or wait until Iphone is back in stock and put up with the micro sized S7 screen.
    09-09-2016 10:14 AM
    I don't like the way iOs is laif out, and I don't like the lack of customization. I also don't like that an SD card isn't an option. And now this headphone nonsense. No interest at all.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-09-2016 10:16 AM
    I'm sticking with the Note 7. I don't want to go back to iPhone again.
    09-09-2016 10:17 AM
    I do like the iPhone 7, but looking at both side by side, and with the benefits of being able to customize the Note, I'm sticking with the Note 7. I've always had an iPhone before the Note 5, but once you get used to Android and I pretty much live in the Google world, it would be hard for me to go back to IOS. Still love my Mac Pro though.
    09-09-2016 10:18 AM
    Since Steve Jobs passed away Apple is no longer the leader in innovation, if anything to me they seem to be trying to keep up with the competition.
    I'm am a fan of both Apple and Android, but I agree 100% with what you have said, especially about innovation. 5 years ago, Apple was definitely the innovator, but others have since passed them by and Apple is playing catch up.
    09-09-2016 10:19 AM
    S7E to N7 to IP7P
    Strange this was my first try with Samsung and the first phone just went poof it got really hot and the screen just died. I posted a my YouTube link to it in one of these threads. Then the news with the N7...mine was working fine, but I was just too afraid of the resale value so on to the IP for safe, predictable enjoyment (and I've never really owned one).
    09-09-2016 10:20 AM
    I would go to the Galaxy S7 edge before I ever take the iPhone route....iPhone is just not a fun phone and lacks many features that I use such as VR and always on display .....but I am waiting for my note 7 and still using my explosion prone note 7 until I get my replacement
    I'm not a iPhone person (look me up) but IMOP VR sucks. I used the "free" Galaxy VR for like 2 hours and it's been in the box since.
    And the IPhone is only boring if you like to change launchers and really use widgets everywhere (which I don't), so for me I don't think it will be boring.

That being said I will miss the always on display. Just about every phone I've had in the past few years has had some form of it...hand wave...tap to wake, and true AOD.
    09-09-2016 10:24 AM
    S7E to N7 to IP7P
    Strange this was my first try with Samsung and the first phone just went poof it got really hot and the screen just died. I posted a my YouTube link to it in one of these threads. Then the news with the N7...mine was working fine, but I was just too afraid of the resale value so on to the IP for safe, predictable enjoyment (and I've never really owned one).
    Dang....haven't thought about the resale value of the Note 7 as I'm sure it's bound to have a bad reputation even though Samsung will be replacing all devices.
    09-09-2016 10:27 AM
    One feature I really love on the Note 7 is the ability to use the S Pen to crop and edit photos, videos, documents, and web pages. That single-handedly is one of the main reasons I'll be keeping the note. The S Pen is a very powerful tool.
    09-09-2016 10:32 AM
    well I put a pre-order in for the iPhone 7+, again as I posted before haven't had an iPhone since OG iPhone till iPhone 3 then its been Android from there. I do have an iPad Pro but hesitated on using iPhone as the OS phone wise is just boring and limited. Will give it a try before the return policy ends. I really do miss the S-Pen and MST payments. Wish my backup 6p had MST technology.
    sqa4life likes this.
    09-09-2016 10:39 AM
    Dang....haven't thought about the resale value of the Note 7 as I'm sure it's bound to have a bad reputation even though Samsung will be replacing all devices.
    Take a look at ebay. Resale value is just fine and that is for units subject to recall. Completed listings shows near MSRP for these.
    09-09-2016 10:43 AM
    One feature I really love on the Note 7 is the ability to use the S Pen to crop and edit photos, videos, documents, and web pages. That single-handedly is one of the main reasons I'll be keeping the note. The S Pen is a very powerful tool.
    Would be even handier with a built-in mini fire extinguisher.
    09-09-2016 10:43 AM
    Would be even handier with a built-in mini fire extinguisher.
    You're such a funny guy! What an original joke! Such accomplishment. Much win. So wow!
    09-09-2016 10:47 AM
    BUT if next year is the complete redesign & not an S year as Apple has historically done, the iPhone 7 resale may fall off more than its predecessors. Granted the complete redesign is rumor & a year away, but just sayin'.

Am waiting for the reviews as even an Apple friendly site was not overly impressed with the fixed home button/taptic engine. Though obviously that may be some speculation.

For me, I do like the secure folder/iris scanner on the N7 but also think Apples live photos mode is very cool as well.
    09-09-2016 10:49 AM
827 ... 1819202122 ...