09-15-2016 04:13 PM
827 ... 1920212223 ...
tools
    well I put a pre-order in for the iPhone 7+, again as I posted before haven't had an iPhone since OG iPhone till iPhone 3 then its been Android from there. I do have an iPad Pro but hesitated on using iPhone as the OS phone wise is just boring and limited. Will give it a try before the return policy ends. I really do miss the S-Pen and MST payments. Wish my backup 6p had MST technology.
    You will need to root to gain any kind of control over the ios.
    Them the iphone 8 will be out and most likely wished you would of waited.
    However hope it works well for you.
    09-09-2016 10:56 AM
    I'm definitely returning the note 7 but I have no clue where to go from here. Can anyone recommend a good phone to try out?
    09-09-2016 10:56 AM
    I'm definitely returning the note 7 but I have no clue where to go from here. Can anyone recommend a good phone to try out?
    To all those returning their Note for a non-Samsung, be careful. I contacted Sprint customer service to see if I could return it for an iPhone and they said I could. Then I called the store and the store said no. They said I could only get a Samsung.
    09-09-2016 11:07 AM
    At $969 you are jealous? 64gb is fine for all the apps. Yeah, it would be nice to have 256gb of memory at the same $849 pricepoint. But, given a choice of 64gb internal + 256gb external for $849 or 256gb internal for $969, I will take the $849 option every time.
    The 256 gb iPhone is just $100 more than the Note 7. I am jealous that I cannot have at least 128 gb internal and not deal with an SD card. Some people like SD cards. I like more internal storage. Just an opinion.
    libra89 likes this.
    09-09-2016 11:12 AM
    Yep, they just realized how popular this iPhone upgrade was going to be and how they are going to have a hard time getting them themselves and to be using them all up for existing customers than to attract new customers.

To all those returning their Note for a non-Samsung, be careful. I contacted Sprint customer service to see if I could return it for an iPhone and they said I could. Then I called the store and the store said no. They said I could only get a Samsung.
    Gray Area likes this.
    09-09-2016 11:15 AM
    I'm really in two minds. I'm in the UK and own the exynos versions. I've had issues with lag whilst typing a message such as typing out a full sentence then 3 seconds later I get a whole bunch of clicks and haptic vibrations as the sentence appears on the screen, the 30 second lag whilst browsing a web page that ends up clicking, scrolling and generally catching up with my earlier applied gestures, the missing frames during system animimations, the screen not registering some taps on the screen. Maybe I just think for £699.99 X 2 I deserve them to have gone through some kind of QC and that I can charge without burning myself to death whilst sound asleep? 🤔 Never thought I'd ever say this but maybe iPhone 7?
    09-09-2016 11:16 AM
    I'm just returning for a refund until I can do some research.
    scorpiodsu likes this.
    09-09-2016 11:22 AM
    You're such a funny guy! What an original joke! Such accomplishment. Much win. So wow!
    Well, as is you have to have a full sized one.
    09-09-2016 11:24 AM
    I'm just curious - why does the recall make the decision for you? In next few weeks you'll have a brand new Note 7 in your hands, with all of its advantages over the iPhone 7 Plus. After nine years (stood in line for first iPhone), I traded away teh 6s Plus for the Note 7 - couldn't be happier (except for FAA involvement - afraid it will ultimately lead to bans by individual airlines).
    Because as much as I do like the phone, I was still a bit on the fence of whether I preferred it to my 6s+. The FAA involvement does worry me also as a think they may start banning the phone. So now being given the opportunity to switch back without issue, I will. It's a great phone, maybe I'm just not giving it enough of a chance, but I'll be switching on iPhone release day next week.
    09-09-2016 11:32 AM
    As a daily driver, no. I'm already too accustomed to the customization potential and options in Android and I'm already too used to the Note's S Pen.

But my sister is probably getting the regular model. I can't wait to give it a go, along with the 7 Plus.

The lack of a built-in headphone jack annoys me greatly, but the entire package looks pretty solid to me so far.
    09-09-2016 11:40 AM
    Yep, they just realized how popular this iPhone upgrade was going to be and how they are going to have a hard time getting them themselves and to be using them all up for existing customers than to attract new customers.
    According to the girl at the store it's because it's outside of the 14 days. She said after that you can only get another Samsung. She then said that I might be able to. She made it sound like I just have to go and try and hope I get a person in the store that will do it. I explained that their own customer service said I could but according to her their customer service is separated from retail so they do t have to.
    09-09-2016 11:41 AM
    As a daily driver, no. I'm already too accustomed to the customization potential and options in Android and I'm already too used to the Note's S Pen.

But my sister is probably getting the regular model. I can't wait to give it a go, along with the 7 Plus.

The lack of a built-in headphone jack annoys me greatly, but the entire package looks pretty solid to me so far.
    Out of curiosity, what does the iPhone 7 or 7+ offer to you that the Note 7 doesn't? Besides the dual camera in the 7+.
    nonie likes this.
    09-09-2016 12:01 PM
    Out of curiosity, what does the iPhone 7 or 7+ offer to you that the Note 7 doesn't? Besides the dual camera in the 7+.
    The dual camera is one thing, along with 3D Touch (I actually use it for web browsing) and stereo speakers.

My Note still offers more, but the iPhone also has some things that I like.
    Almeuit and libra89 like this.
    09-09-2016 12:07 PM
    The dual camera is one thing, along with 3D Touch (I actually use it for web browsing) and stereo speakers.

My Note still offers more, but the iPhone also has some things that I like.
    Agreed.
    D13H4RD2L1V3 and libra89 like this.
    09-09-2016 12:08 PM
    So GM is recalling 4.3 million vehicles due to faulty airbags (not Takata type) So I guess GM owners should return their cars and buy a Ford?

I plan to keep my phone until the replacement comes in. I will then get a new Note 7. Also, like others, I keep an eye on it while charging. So far max temp of battery has been 98F with a low of 77F at end of charge cycle.
    09-09-2016 12:18 PM
    If I had wanted a iPhone I wouldn't have even bothered to pre-order the Note 7 and each time I go into my AT&T Store they try to get me to get the iPhone - won't be going back to iPhone this round and it remains to be seen if even the so called Anniversary edition iPhone can get me back. This battery issue could have happened to any phone or anything with a battery
    09-09-2016 12:34 PM
    The 256 gb iPhone is just $100 more than the Note 7. I am jealous that I cannot have at least 128 gb internal and not deal with an SD card. Some people like SD cards. I like more internal storage. Just an opinion.
    I agree. It's a nice option to have. Personally, I wouldn't benefit from the $120 extra cost. I would rather have a sapphire screen or something that is more durable. That's where I think that extra money would be well invested.
    09-09-2016 12:47 PM
    I am thinking of going from my Note 5 which my contract is up in 2 months for an iPhone 7, note because of the battery issue of the Note 7 which I know Samsung will fix but because the iPhone 7 128GB is cheaper than the Note 7, and the iPhone 7Plus 128GB only costs $80 more than the Note 7 (in Canada). So unless Samsung drops their price on the Note 7 I am going to Apple which will be my first and likely my last iPhone, but in today's world price is everything and when you can get a phone with double the on-board memory for either less or $80 more than a 64GB phone why not? lol
    09-09-2016 12:51 PM
    well I put a pre-order in for the iPhone 7+, again as I posted before haven't had an iPhone since OG iPhone till iPhone 3 then its been Android from there. I do have an iPad Pro but hesitated on using iPhone as the OS phone wise is just boring and limited. Will give it a try before the return policy ends. I really do miss the S-Pen and MST payments. Wish my backup 6p had MST technology.
    Same here. I just returned my N7 a few days ago. I've been using all the S's and Note's series up-to-date. I am giving Apple a chance just because of the camera on the 7+ and I have two weeks to play with it :-)
    BTW, I ordered the glossy black 7+ 128GB; cost a few dollars less than the N7 on AT&T.
    indydrummer likes this.
    09-09-2016 01:25 PM
    Closed iOS is all perspective... if you want to customize every little pixel in every screen and just spend your day flipping through multiple home screens, then stay with (insert God knows which version) of Android (depending on which phone you get) - unless you root it...or something.

OK now, don't get me wrong - I have a Note 5 and love it...I also have all Macs, an iPad Pro and iPhone 6 Plus. They work FOR ME...at least up until I saw the Note 7. In my opinion, based on my daily tasks & functions (from my phone), it's clear the iPhone 6 Plus will be replaced.
    I don't need to customize each pixel, but I also don't need to check in with Tim Cook before I use my phone for something.
    09-09-2016 01:26 PM
    Metal back, more in-built memory, faster processor, twice the anticipated/quoted battery life, Good re-sell value, touch sensitive home button and ... it will actually be available to buy.
    badMojo69 and maj71303 like this.
    09-09-2016 01:35 PM
    Well I feel dirty, but I pre-ordered an iPhone 7 Plus 128GB. I've been Android since the Moto Droid so this is quite a change.

As much as I love the Note 7 and Android, and liked it when I got it, coming from my Note 5 it wasn't a huge change. Once I got it setup, it was like OK the day to day use exactly like my previous device. I wasn't excited about it anymore. Yea iOS hasnt changed much in years, but I'm not experienced with it, so I'm kind of excited to try iOS for awhile and have something feel somewhat new to use.

My wife felt the same way and really wanted to try iOS as well. She typically will always use what I use, and I could tell she really wanted to try the iPhone but was going to do what I did. So I said OK, lets do it.

I'm sure I'll be back with Android at some point though. I may actually buy a used Nexus 5X or 6P as my secondary phone just to keep up on whats going on with Android.
    09-09-2016 01:58 PM
    Metal back, more in-built memory, faster processor, twice the anticipated/quoted battery life, Good re-sell value, touch sensitive home button and ... it will actually be available to buy.
    Well, if you REALLY want to play the comparison game. Metal vs Glass back is really subjective. Without the glass back, there would be no wireless charging, which is a great convenience for Samsung. Besides, doesn't everyone put a case on their phones anyway. :-) Also, display on the Note 7 is far superior at 2560x1440 vs the iPhones 1920 x 1080, and if you say you can't tell the difference, you're lying.
    Note 7 also has adaptive fast charging, so when the battery eventually runs low, it only takes a few minutes to get back to 100% capacity.
    iPhone is IP67 water and dust resistant vs Note 7 IP68, and that is actually a pretty big difference...Look it up.
    S-Pen is just flat out awesome and very useful, despite what Steve Jobs has said in the past.
    Note 7 has microSD card support. Enough said about that.

The only thing that I can honestly say that I really like about the iPhone 7+ is the dual camera with the zoom. And I really do like that. Maybe next year, with the major changes to the 8 that are suppose to take place, I may change back to IOS, but for now, I'll stay with what I view as the more superior, Note 7.
    pcsperson likes this.
    09-09-2016 02:04 PM
    I called 4 different Sprint stores and nobody has any note 7's. I went to the one that told me yesterday that they were going to get a shipment in at 3 o'clock today to see if they got any but of course they didn't. However, it just so happens a Samsung rep was there onsite at that moment and he spoke with me and said that I really could keep the device until a shipment comes in. He said of the problems that have happened all of the people where charging batteries overnight or charging the batteries to 100 and still keeping the phone's plugged up for long periods of time after reaching 100%. He said as long as I'm charging to 100% and then taking the phone off the charger I won't have any problems. He then gave my name, number and the color of my note 7 to the store manager and he said the store manager would call me when the new batch of note 7s comes in which they hope will be next week.

Needless to say he saved Samsung from loosing a longtime customer. I was ready to jump ship out of frustration!
    09-09-2016 02:27 PM
    I wish they took that same approach here in the US. Just mail them out to whoever signs up and we mail them back
    I just got an email from them, should get it in the next couple of weeks.

On behalf of our entire Samsung Canada team, we'd like to thank you for participating in the Canadian Product Exchange for your Galaxy Note7. We are absolutely committed in ensuring the highest level of safety and satisfaction for our customers and we greatly apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

We have received your registration through the Samsung Exchange Process and we anticipate that your device will begin to ship starting as early as Thursday, September 15th.

As a valued customer, we appreciate your patience as we work to ensure that you receive your new device as quickly as possible. We remain dedicated to delivering the highest quality of service and it is important that your experience is a seamless as a valued customer.

Should you experience any issues with your device in the meantime, please call 1-800-SAMSUNG and one of our customer service team will be happy to assist you
    09-09-2016 02:27 PM
827 ... 1920212223 ...