09-15-2016 04:13 PM
827 ... 2122232425 ...
tools
    After reading about the real possibility of a CPSC official recall and the additional delays that would put into the exchange process, the thought has crossed my mind. I have never owned and apple device in my life and generally despise the company and the image they portray, but I don't see any other Android offering available that even remotely interests me right now. I just came from the S7 Edge, and I don't want to take a step backwards with a lower-end Samsung or even the V 20. I don't know that I would consider an iPhone an upgrade, it would just be something different. I did Windows phone for 2 years and really enjoyed it, but Windows 10 mobile feels like beta still and IMHO that ecosystem is dead
    indydrummer and Grand Piano like this.
    09-09-2016 07:53 PM
    IPhone is still boring...you may not use VR but some of us make great use of it....plus I will not give up my secure folder feature...i enjoy having two devices in one....and I would not want to give up my s-pen..apple cannot challenge the note 7 in anyway when it comes to features....
    Guess you missed the part where I said "IMOP". It wont be boring to me.
    Yes I agree that it does not have as many features as the N7, but meh. It's a solid OS and after the N7 phone I need solid.
    09-09-2016 08:00 PM
    It's always a better option to wait. But not too late, of course. I mean, at least like month or 2.
    09-09-2016 08:04 PM
    Yes. Boring but ye
    09-09-2016 08:05 PM
    For us seriously thinking about getting an Iphone, with the government getting involved is it safe to say the revised Notes won't be ready to sway for us for awhile now?
    09-09-2016 08:06 PM
    After reading about the real possibility of a CPSC official recall and the additional delays that would put into the exchange process, the thought has crossed my mind. I have never owned and apple device in my life and generally despise the company and the image they portray, but I don't see any other Android offering available that even remotely interests me right now. I just came from the S7 Edge, and I don't want to take a step backwards with a lower-end Samsung or even the V 20. I don't know that I would consider an iPhone an upgrade, it would just be something different. I did Windows phone for 2 years and really enjoyed it, but Windows 10 mobile feels like beta still and IMHO that ecosystem is dead
    There is no point hating a product for that. I feel you should try it first, and if you really dun like it, you can stay away from it after that. Apple dun remain at the top or command trend changes 'arrogantly' for no reason. For what iPhone may be lacking compared to the most advanced Android phones, they really make it up with a super polished and stable product which is enough to meet most people's need.
    09-09-2016 08:13 PM
    I know I'll get a ton of apple hate with this one, but it's not why I'm asking.

I'm genuinely curious. Note 7 users must've seen the keynote just to see if the iPhone is a potential option for replacement.

With waterproofing, new cameras and a lot of power under the hood, has the iPhone 7 done anything to sway you?

The black color must be tempting for those who had the black note 7. They almost look the same. The matte black looks extremely nice.

I know feature wise the iPhone doesn't even come close to the Note. But still. What's everybody's take on this? Has Apple done enough? Can Apple ever do enough?
    Android and IOS are too different for my taste. I won't give up android although I do have an ipad. On the other hand I wouldn't buy the Note either.
    09-09-2016 08:17 PM
    Truly I can only suffer with iOS on the iPads....so one of my tablets is a iPad Pro due to the tablet optimized apps.....
    09-09-2016 09:23 PM
    ARe you fixin to fly somewhere soon ?
    Uh, yeah. I just won't take a phone, but that's so 1980.
    09-09-2016 09:44 PM
    No it's not. I think it's the new thing... going off the grid!

Uh, yeah. I just won't take a phone, but that's so 1980.
    09-09-2016 10:04 PM
    After posting several times that I plan on keeping my Note 7, I'm actually beginning to have second thoughts. Don't get me wrong, I still think the Note 7 is the best phone on the market today, despite the iPhone 7 marketing team making people believe otherwise. However, I started to think about resale value when it's time to sale the Note 7. I most always sell my smartphones on eBay or Craigslist to help pay for a new phone, and now with the battery issues, I think this will greatly affect the resale value. Unless there is something that identifies the replacement Note 7 as one without the battery issue, how do you prove to a potential buyer that the phone you are selling is not a phone with a battery issue?

I don't know, but I am having second thoughts about sticking with the beautiful Note 7.
    09-09-2016 10:20 PM
    After posting several times that I plan on keeping my Note 7, I'm actually beginning to have second thoughts. Don't get me wrong, I still think the Note 7 is the best phone on the market today. The iPhone 7 marketing team certainly has many people thinking otherwise though. However, I started to think about resale value when it's time to sale the Note 7. I most always sell my smartphones on eBay or Craigslist to help pay for a new phone, and now with the battery issues, I think this will greatly affect the resale value. Unless there is something that identifies the replacement Note 7 as one without the battery issue, how do you prove to a potential buyer that the phone you are selling is not a phone with a battery issue.

I don't know, but I am having second thoughts about sticking with the beautiful Note 7.
    I read on the other post that the box the good ones come in will have a couple special markings. But that could just be rumor at this point.
    09-09-2016 10:23 PM
    Is the S7 Edge really that much of a downgrade from the Note 7?
    Shawn0813 likes this.
    09-09-2016 10:24 PM
    There is one thing Samsung can be extremely grateful for. That this Note 7 fiasco didn't happen with the Note 5. The iPhone 6 was a major change for Apple and the sales were the biggest in the iPhone history.

Luckily for Samsung, this has all happened during iPhone 7 which, as I read it, is being received with mixed reviews. And the removal of the 3.5mm headphone back is a bonus to Samsung.

If you are going to have a recall fiasco, best to have it when the main competition has a mixed review product and a little bit of controversy on their part also.
    09-09-2016 10:32 PM
    There is one thing Samsung can be extremely grateful for. That this Note 7 fiasco didn't happen with the Note 5. The iPhone 6 was a major change for Apple and the sales were the biggest in the iPhone history.

Luckily for Samsung, this has all happened during iPhone 7 which, as I read it, is being received with mixed reviews. And the removal of the 3.5mm headphone back is a bonus to Samsung.

If you are going to have a recall fiasco, best to have it when the main competition has a mixed review product and a little bit of controversy on their part also.
    Think of it another way, Note 7 is one of Samsung's best device ever, and could grab quite a bit of market share for Samsung since iPhone 7 is not that great in review as you mentioned. Isn't it a pity this happened to Note 7?
    09-09-2016 10:44 PM
    Haaalll no! Due to the media instigation and subsequent government involvement, I might buy a second one and have two out of spite Use second just for Gear VR. Well, when the Gment gets around to blessing the new Note 7 batches.
    09-09-2016 10:51 PM
    The FAA warning is making me reconsider switching to the iP7P, since I have flight coming up soon.
    I go travel heavy starting next month. Need to find a good Edge 7 sticker for the back
    jdfry15 likes this.
    09-09-2016 10:53 PM
    Now is a great time to buy stock ,this will rebound.
    09-09-2016 10:53 PM
    I don't think the bottom is in yet. They just lost whatever gain from the Note 7 announce and release. They haven't lost enough. And even though they expect this recall to cost them $1 billion dollars... who knows yet. I'd wait until after earning where they are going to disappoint.

Now is a great time to buy stock ,this will rebound.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...90b6c0f805.jpg
    09-09-2016 11:05 PM
    Are you going to switch to another device after all the recall maddnes?

What phone are you going to?

I was thinking moto z droid Force or htc 10..
    I'm thinking about ditching my Note7 and get the Moto Z Force Droid back. Ugh. I just wish it was IP68/IP67 certified.
    09-09-2016 11:06 PM
    Think of it another way, Note 7 is one of Samsung's best device ever, and could grab quite a bit of market share for Samsung since iPhone 7 is not that great in review as you mentioned. Isn't it a pity this happened to Note 7?
    No because Note 5 didn't get rave reviews. The combination of that plus huge iPhone 6 sales is a complete disaster. But you still have a really good product to recoup sales after the dust of this fiasco settles down plus the advantage of a lesser iPhone reception. That is a much better scenario.
    09-09-2016 11:19 PM
    No because Note 5 didn't get rave reviews. The combination of that plus huge iPhone 6 sales is a complete disaster. But you still have a really good product to recoup sales after the dust of this fiasco settles down plus the advantage of a lesser iPhone reception. That is a much better scenario.
    The problem is I really dun think Note 7 will be able to make any strong come back. It's really a waste of a huge potential.
    09-09-2016 11:44 PM
    Live by the phone, die by the phone. JK, there's no other phone that appeals to me. I'll be waiting for the new batch
    I said the same, the only thing I'll buy apple is the new airpods besides that I'm samsung for life
    09-09-2016 11:44 PM
    The problem is I really dun think Note 7 will be able to make any strong come back. It's really a waste of a huge potential.
    Note 7 is light-years ahead of apple, the note 5 has better features then the iPhone 7.im Samsung for life I could careless how many people leave the note to get the new iPhone... To me that's a big downgrade but to each there own
    sam00 likes this.
    09-09-2016 11:46 PM
    Does anyone know if AT&T allowing full refunds for the phone or no? I'm considering returning it to go back to my Note 4 and probably get the iPhone 7 plus.
    09-09-2016 11:48 PM
827 ... 2122232425 ...