09-15-2016 04:13 PM
827 ... 2425262728 ...
tools
    I had the S7, traded it in for the Note. I would have been happy sticking with that. Why do you hate it? Because the Edge is just a bigger S7. Ask yourself what you really want out of your phone... What you want it to do etc.

Will there be a run on Edges? I don't think so. It's already been on the market for a bit. Some people will see it as an older phone already. Funny since the Note is using basically the same internals.

Hold out with the S7 if you still have it. Wait a few months. Nexus, or Pixel, phones will be here soon too.
    Also it's almost impossible to find a S7 edge defender case within 200 miles of here in Southwest FL. Apparently Miami closest place that has it besides one att store 40 miles away. I guess I can order a supcase off Amazon, buy a speck candyshell and somehow order the defender from otterbox directly. Then in April a month after the S8 edge is out then trade in for it.
    09-10-2016 01:22 PM
    This is a tough question because we don't know if the new notes are 3 days, 3 weeks or 3 months away from being available. I was very optimistic that Samsung would sort this out quickly, but now that the government is involved it is very possible that we could be waiting for a while.

With the new Pixels, iPhones and v20 right around the corner waiting on a long delayed note 7 replacement is going to be a decision only the most committed will make.
    09-10-2016 01:25 PM
    I have both the Note 7 and GS7E. I prefer the note. Size, screen, UI, small features and spend. They may update the S7E UI to be similar eventually but then again they may not.
    09-10-2016 01:28 PM
    This is a tough question because we don't know if the new notes are 3 days, 3 weeks or 3 months away from being available. I was very optimistic that Samsung would sort this out quickly, but now that the government is involved it is very possible that we could be waiting for a while.

With the new Pixels, iPhones and v20 right around the corner waiting on a long delayed note 7 replacement is going to be a decision only the most committed will make.
    V20 won't be out until sometime in oct most likely. Samsung was ready to replace our devices though and quickly looked into the problem but then that tech blog blew it way up and so did consumer reports and now the gubermint will delay it. Ironic it was the same day as Iphone release. That one tech blog was probably in it as well in order to help Apple.

Yes there are some battieries with issues, but I think they jumped on it because the Note 7 is such a well selling phone, they found a way to stone wall it because of Apple. I hope Samsung is pulling strings to get this ended very soon.
    09-10-2016 02:01 PM
    I personally think every other phone in the market is downgrade from the Note 7 even the new iPhone 7
    I happen to agree. Still going with the iPhone 7 Plus for now, if only for lack of alternatives. It was going to be 7+ and Note7 for me anyway, but for now I'll have to use the 7 Plus for work and for home. Not ideal, but it'll have to do until the Note 7 becomes available again.
    09-10-2016 02:48 PM
    l after the recall Samsung need to make sure we can easily verfity what phones have the new battery
    Agreed, this is highly important. The phones without the fault should be clearly marked. If not, I'm afraid we'll never be able to use it on an airplane. How are the TSA and the plane staff to know which ones are safe and which ones aren't otherwise?
    09-10-2016 02:51 PM
    The S7E is a fine phone I gave mine to my wife and had gotten the note because I wanted a black phone. I'm not a s-pen user, so I didn't really care about having that. So other than felling better in hand the Note wasn't any better to me than the S7E.

I'm using my LG V10 again (battery sucks) have a Windows Phone and a IP7+ and Series 2 watch are on the way. I'll be fine for the next few months until I get the itch to have something new and shinny again. My only other planned tech purchase this year will be the Gear S3. Samsung says it will work with IOS.
    09-10-2016 02:56 PM
    Might be leaving for S7 edge if this doesn't get sorted out in about a week. I'm very glad I kept my s7 as a back up and didn't trade it in or sell it. I can hold off a bit and hope this week the new Notes are here and if no indication when they will be I can go and trade it in for a New Edge. I even ordered a Supcase for the Edge that will be here on Monday. That way I'll just return it to Amazon if the whole Note thing is sorted out.

My dad talked me out of Iphone though and said I would hate it and complain about Apple.

Does anyone thing the S7 Edge will go on back order at all? All I know is I'm done with pre order for now on and will wait about a month now. I learned my lesson.
    09-10-2016 03:14 PM
    The S7E is a fine phone I gave mine to my wife and had gotten the note because I wanted a black phone. I'm not a s-pen user, so I didn't really care about having that. So other than felling better in hand the Note wasn't any better to me than the S7E.

I'm using my LG V10 again (battery sucks) have a Windows Phone and a IP7+ and Series 2 watch are on the way. I'll be fine for the next few months until I get the itch to have something new and shinny again. My only other planned tech purchase this year will be the Gear S3. Samsung says it will work with IOS.
    Well, my Supcase for S7 edge is supposed to be here on Monday. At least I have the luxury of holding out a bit since I have an S7 still. I'm hoping since Samsung has produced the devices that the government already has been doing testing and that next week the new Notes are here. I'll give it a week or so and if not I'll take my Note 7 to tmobile and return it for an S7 edge. If we get news when the Note comes out I will simply ship the supcase back to amazon. I just hate the tiny screen on the s7.
    09-10-2016 03:21 PM
    V20 won't be out until sometime in oct most likely. Samsung was ready to replace our devices though and quickly looked into the problem but then that tech blog blew it way up and so did consumer reports and now the gubermint will delay it. Ironic it was the same day as Iphone release. That one tech blog was probably in it as well in order to help Apple.

Yes there are some battieries with issues, but I think they jumped on it because the Note 7 is such a well selling phone, they found a way to stone wall it because of Apple. I hope Samsung is pulling strings to get this ended very soon.
    Should be out this month if LG goes by what they said. They said release date by quarter 3 which ends this month.
    09-10-2016 03:28 PM
    I'll stick with the Note 7.
    I have already had and sold 2 S7 edges, They are yesterdays news.
    09-10-2016 03:31 PM
    The s7 edge is fantastic, as good as the Note 7 sans the s pen
    09-10-2016 03:58 PM
    The s7 edge is fantastic, as good as the Note 7 sans the s pen
    That's my opinion pretty much. I did like the iris scanner though, but I can deal without it.

I would like to have the Grace UX on Edge though. That's the ONE thing I can see is better about Note
    Christine Aflak likes this.
    09-10-2016 04:00 PM
    I ended up trading my Note 7 for the S 7 edge for now, so far I'm pretty happy. My only complaint is no coral blue, but the gold is pretty sexy.
    09-10-2016 04:00 PM
    I returned my Note 7 last week. I really liked that phone. I am using a terrible droid right now I hate it and I could not get a concrete answer as to when the new notes Will be available. So I pre ordered the iPhone 7+ reserved for pick up on Friday 16th at the apple store. I will return to the note in a few months hopefully all the kinks are worked out.
    09-10-2016 04:27 PM
    Finally someone with some common sense... Thank you.

It's funny how nobody bats an eyelash over recalled vehicles and yet... wets the floor over (35?) out of 2 million (?) phones
    "Automakers recalled a record of 51.2 million vehicles over 868 separate recalls in 2015, the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration announced Thursday at the Washington Auto Show. That narrowly edged the previous mark set in 2014, when manufacturers recalled 51 million vehicles through 779 recalls.

I can't believe the fear mongering on this site and the news. Samsung tried to do the right thing and they're taking major heat for it. Apple probably wouldn't have even recalled iPhones if this happened to them. I'm sticking with my Note 7 until replacements are available. You guys are acting like they're spontaneously combusting or something. I can't afford to give up my phone since I sold my backups, and only wanna go through set up when I have an updated Note 7 in hand. In the meantime, I use common sense and don't charge overnight or when I can't monitor the phone. The internet has made people so freakin dramatic. Some of you should stop going outdoors because you'll likely be struck by lighting. The odds are higher than your Note 7 blowing up.
    Gray Area, EMGSM, rushmore and 1 others like this.
    09-10-2016 04:46 PM
    So someone in the tmobile thread said Tue replacements are coming in?
    09-10-2016 04:55 PM
    I went back to the edge. Got $150 best buy gift card while doing it. I mean besides the S-Pen, there's not a big enough difference to me to say 1 phone is far better than the other. I think they both are very good phones and you can't go wrong with either one. Both serve a specific user. Because of this whole fiasco I was able to get $40 in gift cards, gear fit2, 256GB SD card and $150 best buy gift card to end up with the phone I started with which I consider to be just as good.

A couple things I noticed in my edge too is I have much better wifi in a corner of my house and cell signal overall in my home. Wifi thing is more noticeable since I use the phone in that area of the house often. Internet would crawl with my Note and I would have to switch wifi off until I left that room. So for me some things are better. But writing on the screen with the S-Pen was crazy cool! But I am over it.
    09-10-2016 05:48 PM
    This group are close friends and some colleges.
    09-10-2016 06:59 PM
    Finally someone with some common sense... Thank you.

It's funny how nobody bats an eyelash over recalled vehicles and yet... wets the floor over (35?) out of 2 million (?) phones
    "Automakers recalled a record of 51.2 million vehicles over 868 separate recalls in 2015, the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration announced Thursday at the Washington Auto Show. That narrowly edged the previous mark set in 2014, when manufacturers recalled 51 million vehicles through 779 recalls.
    Very true. I'm still waiting for my replacement Honda airbags.
    09-10-2016 07:00 PM
    Yep i can't stand IOS

Note 7 taking wayy too much fire(pon intend and i think the sales will be quite low compared to what it should be, after the recall Samsung need to make sure we can easily verfity what phones have the new battery, and to put some compensasion as well as lowering the price.

In my area all the people that wanted Note 7, but the S7E and never looked back, they say that they will pass the note 7 even after the recall.
    Yes. Any chance for Note 7 to get decent sales after recall, is to give 50% discount for new Note 7.

When that day comes, all of us early Note 7 adopters are going to look severely stupid and become a bigger laughing stock than what we already are.

No more buying of new phone on its launch day ever again for me.
    09-10-2016 07:05 PM
    Works for me. Research/patience saves a lot of grief.........
    rushmore likes this.
    09-10-2016 07:36 PM
    Say what you will, I really enjoyed my weeks with my Note 7. More than any phone I've had. I turned it in because we're supposed to even though it performed very well. So in the mean time I'm using the S7 Active. Although this is a really good phone, I miss my Note and it's featutes. If I hadn't had the Note, this phone would seem awesome. The battery lasts 4ever! Well not quite but I did get 24 hours normal use (for me) and still had juice left. No other phone I've had can even come close to that.
    09-10-2016 08:48 PM
    I played around with the edge again at best buy to the point they probably thought I was going to take it, it kinda grew on me today with the swipe feature. I would think most note users would automatically gravitate to the edge phones, they are pretty close in size and other features except the pen. I also played with the 6plus, rows and rows of icons might get boring so I'm still on the fence about the 7 plus. Though one concern ive heard about the newest Samsung phones is the speaker sucks and the phone isn't very loud, this might bring the 7 plus more into play with it's stereo speakers for me.
    zipro likes this.
    09-10-2016 09:13 PM
    Yes. Any chance for Note 7 to get decent sales after recall, is to give 50% discount for new Note 7.

When that day comes, all of us early Note 7 adopters are going to look severely stupid and become a bigger laughing stock than what we already are.

Yup, same here.

I've never done it before the Note 7; I'm usually the type to spend weeks researching, and the one time I decide to "just do it" it bites me in the ***.
    Christine Aflak and rsmin like this.
    09-10-2016 09:19 PM
827 ... 2425262728 ...