09-15-2016 04:13 PM
827 12345 ...
tools
    Note 7 here for me and I'll be getting a new one.
    nonie and Kalkarni00 like this.
    09-02-2016 11:06 PM
    I'm not giving mine up until there is a new one. ATT said bring it in we'll give you a edge 7 and IF they come back we'll exchange it.

I said no thanks, I'm keeping this one. I probably won't charge overnight, as a compromise for my husband -- but otherwise, I'm not worried about it.

Jacki
    09-02-2016 11:09 PM
    I'm staying
    09-02-2016 11:15 PM
    Staying w/the N5. Can't give up the S pen. Ever.
    09-02-2016 11:15 PM
    Wouldn't dream of leaving the Note 7 (unless the dream really turned out to be a nightmare).
    09-02-2016 11:22 PM
    I'm not. At this point I also do not like VZWs options that they are offering. I'm going to wait and see. I will only exchange for a Note 7, or a full refund.

Right now VZW is only offering exchanges on phones I do not want.
    Kalkarni00 likes this.
    09-02-2016 11:26 PM
    I'm not giving mine up until there is a new one. ATT said bring it in we'll give you a edge 7 and IF they come back we'll exchange it.

I said no thanks, I'm keeping this one. I probably won't charge overnight, as a compromise for my husband -- but otherwise, I'm not worried about it.

Jacki
    Same here. It sounds like AT&T and VZW have he same clowns running the asylum.
    toenail_flicker and nonie like this.
    09-02-2016 11:29 PM
    I'm going to exchange for a new note 7 when Verizon has a new batch. I love this phone.
    09-02-2016 11:35 PM
    I'm staying. As much as this sucks - they went from halting shipments to announcing recall in 2 days. No bull**** excuses - no ambiguity - the phones are being recalled. Pretty stand up for me. Also, I love the phone and also have the GS7edge and GS6edge and GS4 and GS3 and Note 4 and Note 2 and Note 1... Not gonna break that chain.

Confession: I also have the iPhone 6 and 5 anyway...
    toenail_flicker and nonie like this.
    09-02-2016 11:37 PM
    Not going anywhere! I'll just get a new unit when they are available.
    Ditto- I held on to my Note 3 for almost 4 years waiting for a phone that I loved as much as my Note 3. The Note 7 is that phone. Loving the N7 even more than when the N3 was new.

I am not going anywhere. I will wait patiently for the even better note 7 and gladly take the $25,that they didn't even need to offer me.
    09-02-2016 11:44 PM
    Definitely not switching. I'm staying put with the Note7.

Main reason is that I don't think there's any other phone on the market aside from earlier Notes that have this level of functionality baked into the device. I've also been hooked on the S Pen and have been using it every day as it's a really great tool to have. And while others might not think so, I've been pleasantly surprised by the performance of mine. Sure, it's not going to blow your mind, but I don't think anything is going to do so at this point and for daily use, I find that it is a very solid performer that hardly bogs down. Seems to get better over time. And I'm already too accustomed to having a phone that lasts the full day for me without having to manage my usage pattern to save my battery before the day ends. And yes, I love the look, especially on my Black Onyx.

Is it perfect? Heck no. Nothing is. Is it a superb phone? To me, yes. It is. While it may be Samsung's biggest headache in recent times thanks to the battery recall, I personally think it's also Samsung's best phone to date. It's a shame that quality control on some batteries did not hold up, but at least Samsung has swiftly responded to the issue and has made the unprecedented move to not only recall batches with suspect batteries, but all Note7s out there. That actually gives me confidence that future batches will be better.
    09-02-2016 11:58 PM
    I'm just wondering is anyone considering trading down to the S7 Edge due to the issues with the Note 7 and now that there is an stigma attached to it?

Is the S7 Edge a big downgrade? I thought about it briefly but would it be better to wait a couple weeks and get a brand new Note 7 than downgrading to the Edge? I know edge doesn't have the Spen and has the smaller screen though and the always on doesn't have the notifications.

However next March or April the S8 will be out and I will be stuck with a dated phone sooner.
    09-03-2016 12:06 AM
    Heck no. I need to be checked in somewhere because I got a note 7 addiction lol.
    09-03-2016 12:09 AM
    Gonna turn fast charge off to keep charging temps down just to be safe and wait for a replacement note 7
    09-03-2016 12:11 AM
    Of taking away the removable battery. Think about how much money they could have saved. Instead of having to replace phones, they would only have to replace batteries. I almost feel bad for Samsung. All to often we think about how we are affected. But the company we have all come to love is losing a ton of money. At least they are trying to make things right. Got to give them credit for something lol. Thoughts?
    09-03-2016 12:21 AM
    The phones will be plastic next year to cover the cool billion they just lost lol
    09-03-2016 12:23 AM
    Samsung will probably go back to removable batteries just in case a similar situation comes up again.
    09-03-2016 12:24 AM
    Of taking away the removable battery. Think about how much money they could have saved. Instead of having to replace phones, they would only have to replace batteries. I almost feel bad for Samsung. All to often we think about how we are affected. But the company we have all come to love is losing a ton of money. At least they are trying to make things right. Got to give them credit for something lol. Thoughts?
    Not gonna happen. I nice thought, but that ship has sailed...
    SteelGator likes this.
    09-03-2016 12:27 AM
    Base on my long history of upgrading. I wouldn't be surprised if I get my money back and go with Apple's new iPhone 6 SE...meant 7. LOL

As much as LOVE my Note 7 I have to problems selling/upgrading. I mean, I sold my 19 days OnePlus 3 and I praised how much I'm sticking with DUAL SIMS from now on. So that didn't last long. I love new toys.

Explains why I'm still single too. LOL I can't commit.
    nonie, gvyt36785 and mhettrich like this.
    09-03-2016 12:42 AM
    Absolutely not. I've already had two S7 Edges and the regular S7. They are dated phones already.
    nonie likes this.
    09-03-2016 12:42 AM
    I can't believe people are even contemplating giving this phone up for this issue. Sure, I'll trade mine for a fixed model when Samsung releases them, but I'm keeping my unit in the meantime. This phone is too awesome to give up over some 1 in 42,000 defect. Plus, we dont even know all the details of how those phones burned up. I applaud Samsung for their handling of this though, because many companies would've just tried to sweep it under the rug.
    09-03-2016 12:47 AM
    Once. The only flagship I remember going to was hTc's One M7.

After I sell and upgrade I'm pretty much done with it. The only way is if it gets a Spec Bump or even the new Coral Blue, otherwise I move on.
    09-03-2016 12:49 AM
    I turned mine in for a S7 Edge today and want my Note 7 already! The software on the Note is better IMO. I was tempted to go to the S7 Edge and thought I'd try it out but now I'm missing my Note. Hoping they get replacements in next week. Probably should have just kept the Note and held out but at least I got this S7 Edge itch outta my system. haha
    09-03-2016 01:03 AM
    I love my Note 7. No phone compares. As soon as replacement available will be taking it

Posted via the Android Central App
    nonie likes this.
    09-03-2016 01:10 AM
    Nope staying. I love my Note 7 so far...battery life could be better but I love the s-pen.
    indydrummer likes this.
    09-03-2016 01:14 AM
827 12345 ...