09-15-2016 04:13 PM
827 ... 2930313233 ...
tools
    Well, no doubt when there is a report of an iPhone catching fire, there is most likely someone at Apple to run and investigate it to find out the issue and resolve it ASAP before any media frenzy occurs. and if it's a one off issue, and not a production lot of batteries then they spin it as such and put the story to rest.

It doesn't seem Apple has ever had an issue of a production issue with a bulk of batteries cause fires/explosions. A billion phones... they've been lucky. If you think of it though... total smartphone production for last 10+ years, Samsung has made BILLIONS AND BILLIONS of phones and this is the first issue of this level of f'd-up I've heard of.

Samsung must have had a production run of batteries they couldnt trust. What'cha gonna do?? Really sucks.
    iPhone 6 Plus catches fire in man's bed
    09-12-2016 09:30 PM
    Yes, and if you google "samsung explode" "Htc explode" and others... you will find phones that explode.

It really is unlucky that Samsung determined they had a batch of batteries... big enough to recall.

Samsung Galaxy S6 EXPLODES next to mother and three-year-old child | Daily Mail Online

Grandview teen says cellphone exploded in pocket | Local News - KMBC Home

Gray Area likes this.
    09-12-2016 09:40 PM
    I pulled the plug on Samsung last night and went back to boring ios. Returned my loaner edge, cancelled my notification from At&t for the new Note 7 and have all my wireless chargers up for sale in Craigslist. I applaud those willing to wait this out but this is the 3rd phone in a row from Samsung that has been a royal disaster so Im hopping off the Sammy train. Good luck to all of you who are holding out for new Note 7's, it was imo the best phone on the market. Hopefully they resolve this sooner than later.

At&t tried to screw me on the loaner phone restocking fee and some other issues with the account so I cancelled them as well and went to Verizon.
    J4To likes this.
    09-13-2016 04:29 PM
    I pulled the plug on Samsung last night and went back to boring ios. Returned my loaner edge, cancelled my notification from At&t for the new Note 7 and have all my wireless chargers up for sale in Craigslist. I applaud those willing to wait this out but this is the 3rd phone in a row from Samsung that has been a royal disaster so Im hoping off the Sammy train. Good luck to all of you who are holding out for new Note 7's, it was imo the best phone on the market. Hopefully they resolve this sooner than later.

At&t tried to screw me on the loaner phone restocking fee and some other issues with the account so I cancelled them as well and went to Verizon.
    Best of luck.... I'm sure you won't be the last person to switch over..... This situation is definitely shaking the tree
    09-13-2016 04:36 PM
    If the replacements don't show up within few weeks, I'll be looking at the Note 8, Huawei Note 8, that is. 6.6" 2K flat screen is about the perfect size imo, and 4500mAh of juice will be nice. Will miss the s-pen, screen quality and the camera if I move on.
    09-13-2016 05:49 PM
    Catches fire, with no explanation of what caused it. It could have been damaged prior to or had a damaged cable or something. Exploding batteries, either being charged or off the charger, is something that should have been caught in the R&D phase and extended testing.
    09-13-2016 06:00 PM
    Okay I have made the decision to keep my note 7 until sept 29, that gives samsung 2 weeks to work out something, and the compensation is going to have to be either a better device or a free vr or something I brought my device out right and Im going to take a loss when I try to sell it next year for the note 8. So either Im turning it in for the Pixel XL or something from Huawei hopefully Mate 9 but I really doubt Im keeping the note 7 unless samsung does something to renew my faith that my device will be worth something in a year by either giving me extras now or better device now.
    Gray Area likes this.
    09-13-2016 06:31 PM
    Okay I have made the decision to keep my note 7 until sept 29, that gives samsung 2 weeks to work out something, and the compensation is going to have to be either a better device or a free vr or something I brought my device out right and Im going to take a loss when I try to sell it next year for the note 8. So either Im turning it in for the Pixel XL or something from Huawei hopefully Mate 9 but I really doubt Im keeping the note 7 unless samsung does something to renew my faith that my device will be worth something in a year by either giving me extras now or better device now.
    They have til Monday for me
    09-13-2016 06:32 PM
    Not having had an iPhone since the 4 and having only used my wife's Note 3 I still don't get what the Note series and iPhones share except for being very expensive and having good cameras. Different operating systems and ecosystems. The Note does a lot of things, sometimes very well other times not. The iPhone does comparatively fewer things, but they're generally very well done. What am I missing here?
    09-13-2016 06:33 PM
    I went to an S7E. Thought I would keep it until the replacement Note 7 came out. But, I'm liking a lot so I'm sticking with it.
    duke1231 likes this.
    09-13-2016 06:55 PM
    Catches fire, with no explanation of what caused it. It could have been damaged prior to or had a damaged cable or something. Exploding batteries, either being charged or off the charger, is something that should have been caught in the R&D phase and extended testing.
    Yea I guess that could of gone for the Automotive companies too Huh.
    09-13-2016 07:06 PM
    So I wake up this morning to this wonderful email:
    Attachment 239028

Yeah, Dear No Name, how appropriate. The clueless company that never got my name to register in their database.

"Power down your Note7 and exchange it now"? For another note Note 7....uh no, not available yet. And all the carriers are not providing loaners at all, even though Samsung wants to now provide one of their other models as a loaner. What an absolute sh*tshow. Like I mentioned in another post, it took me 30 minutes at my t-mo store to get my refund processed and they hosed me out of the $20 I originally paid for the pleasure of putting in the order at the store. After I yelled at them they agreed to credit my next bill $20. Should have never even been a discussion point.

I've gotta say, even though I don't like the apple products I have owned (ipads) and would never buy an iphone, I feel like Apple would have somehow handled this situation more quickly and effectively (and consistently) even through the carrier stores. This was my first Samsung since the Galaxy S3, having owned the Nexus 5 and 6p since then, and this experience has soured me on pretty much ever going back to Samsung. So so SO glad I didn't sell the 6p. I'll wait to see what the new Pixel phones will bring next month, and if I don't like them then I'll just wait until next spring for the next wave of phones....from everybody else except Samsung.

I agree with this article - the recall has been a disaster:
    Samsung's Galaxy Note 7 Recall Is a Nightmare So Far
    Sorry to hear that, No Name..

I, on the other hand, plan on sticking with the Note 7. Patiently waiting for it come out cause I enjoy the phone. I highly doubt Apple wouldve handle it at all nor any better. We are talking a Mass halt in production. And for them to not only reship out unaffected units to s who already purchased it. But also to stores to continue to sell. Any company facing this would need time for that.

Phone is still awesome and it anything else in my opinion would be a downgrade.
    TechnologyTwitt and Gray Area like this.
    09-13-2016 07:14 PM
    Of the two I'd go with the Z Force for only two reasons. 1. Much better battery life. 2. HTC has an issue with overheating chargers because of their mishandling of their USB C implementation with QuickCharge. That is another phone that is unfortunately dangerous.
    I have an HTC 10 first I heard of these issues, and never had an issue personally. I agree the force is likely to have better battery life though I get 5 hours SOT on my HTC 10. HTC 10 is an awesome phone, though I'd choose the force as well. I have the regular Z and loving the phone. I'd get the force not because of issues, but because mods are fun for geeks like me
    09-13-2016 11:34 PM
    I have an HTC 10 first I heard of these issues, and never had an issue personally. I agree the force is likely to have better battery life though I get 5 hours SOT on my HTC 10. HTC 10 is an awesome phone, though I'd choose the force as well. I have the regular Z and loving the phone. I'd get the force not because of issues, but because mods are fun for geeks like me
    First I heard of the issue was reported on the Android Central blog. Other than that one thing, I don't have much, if anything about the HTC 10 that I dislike. My wife loves the Z Force.
    09-14-2016 12:23 AM
    Went back to s7 flat..
    Im loving it for its size..
    graham2024 likes this.
    09-14-2016 12:26 AM
    Went back to s7 flat..
    What if we lived in a world where all phone screens were curved? Then one day Samsung releases the all new "Galaxy S7" and the revolutionary "Galaxy S7 flat."
    09-14-2016 01:08 AM
    Im switching. I like to switch phones often and I am worried about resale. Also, with all the news surrounding it, its best to just sit and wait to see what happens. I'm probably going with the 7 plus this time around.
    09-14-2016 06:25 AM
    Rumor they may get S8 out early. I think S7 release was February so... January 2017? Earlier?

Galaxy S8: Model numbers revealed as analysts predict early launch | Android Central
    09-14-2016 06:54 AM
    I miss my Note 7. I plan on buying another one in 2 months or so once i know all the issues are worked out. I ordered iphone 7+ until then as i needed a decent phone to use other then this droid maxx 2 that i cant stand using. IOS is boring but it will do, then in 2 months ill probably trade for a new Note 7.
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    09-14-2016 07:43 AM
    Im switching. I like to switch phones often and I am worried about resale. Also, with all the news surrounding it, its best to just sit and wait to see what happens. I'm probably going with the 7 plus this time around.
    I couldn't imagine going from a Note 7 to an IPhone. Samsung has handled this as best as possible in my opinion. And resale should be fine since there will be a distinction between the old models and the new.
    09-14-2016 07:50 AM
    Went back to s7 flat..
    If I did actually return it I would likely go with this option. Any regrets using a smaller phone?
    09-14-2016 08:03 AM
    Yea I guess that could of gone for the Automotive companies too Huh.
    Yeah, like Tesla? I've not heard of any reports of car batteries in normal cars from makers like DieHard and the like simply exploding.
    09-14-2016 08:56 AM
    I couldn't imagine going from a Note 7 to an IPhone. Samsung has handled this as best as possible in my opinion. And resale should be fine since there will be a distinction between the old models and the new.
    I thought that blue S logo was only on the box? Is there an indication somewhere on the phone itself?
    09-14-2016 08:57 AM
    Its easier to handle..
    No regret.. Actually s7 edge looks slimmer. S7 is a bit thicker when inside the case...

Im trying to convince myself to change to iPhone.. But there nothing exciting about it... And 4.7 inch screen is too small for me... 5.1 is just right...
    If I did actually return it I would likely go with this option. Any regrets using a smaller phone?
    stmax likes this.
    09-14-2016 06:40 PM
    Rumor they may get S8 out early. I think S7 release was February so... January 2017? Earlier?

Galaxy S8: Model numbers revealed as analysts predict early launch | Android Central
    Please not be. Seriously they can't afford another big screw up by rushing this. Release it in March or April and get it done right.
    09-14-2016 06:45 PM
827 ... 2930313233 ...