09-15-2016 04:13 PM
827 ... 3031323334
tools
    I miss my Note 7. I plan on buying another one in 2 months or so once i know all the issues are worked out. I ordered iphone 7+ until then as i needed a decent phone to use other then this droid maxx 2 that i cant stand using. IOS is boring but it will do, then in 2 months ill probably trade for a new Note 7.
    Same here, ready to be done with all this mess. If there are no replacements Friday my replacement will be the iPhone 7 Plus 256GB.
    Tarah Sorber and DonSimon76 like this.
    09-14-2016 06:48 PM
    Same here, ready to be done with all this mess. If there are no replacements Friday my replacement will be the iPhone 7 Plus 256GB.
    Course it will be. Haha.
    09-14-2016 06:51 PM
    Please not be. Seriously they can't afford another big screw up by rushing this. Release it in March or April and get it done right.
    Uh oh. Signs are pointing to the Note 7 being discontinued
    09-14-2016 06:56 PM
    I thought that blue S logo was only on the box? Is there an indication somewhere on the phone itself?
    THe CPSC recall handbook says the following:

'The company should institute a product identification system if one is not now in use. Model designations and date-of-manufacture codes should be used on all products, whether they carry the company's name or are privately labeled for other firms. If a product recall is necessary, this practice allows the company to identify easily all affected products without undertaking a costly recall of the entire production. Similarly, once a specific product has been recalled and corrected, a new model number or other means of identification used on new corrected products allows distributors, retailers, and consumers to distinguish products subject to recall from the new items. Until a production change can be made to incorporate a new model number or date code, some companies have used sticker labels to differentiate products that have been checked and corrected from recalled products.'

Note the word 'should' above. Even changing the model to 7.1 even if just on the phone itself would go a long way towards helping consumers, airlines etc.
    09-14-2016 07:04 PM
    Seriously? That's a new one-and a drastic one at that. Do you have any links for that information?
    09-14-2016 07:24 PM
    Seriously? That's a new one-and a drastic one at that. Do you have any links for that information?
    I posted a link last night to a news article that samsung reps were going to some stores in the San Fran area ATT and Sprint and removing the Note 7 displays and signs. I hope they don't discontinue it, and I don't think they will totally. I could see replacement units in other countries and eventually in North America go out, but they might not sell more of them. I wonder if that would make it a collectors item then? Doubtful but that is a hunch I got. Either way even if it comes back if sales are bad good luck getting priority for updates then. That is partially why I jumped to the Edge today. IMO at this point samsung should pimp the Edge with Christmas coming up as the flagship until March, April when the Edge 8 comes out. The Note 7 image will soon be ruined if it's not re-launched.

Now if Apple has the same problem with the Iphone 7 for example they would really have no choice as they only have one current flagship device and nothing to fall back on like the Edge.
    09-14-2016 07:30 PM
    I think LG had a shot with getting a good chunk of Note 7 abandoned , but seems LG did a launch with no pricing and vague start time for availability.

IF Samsung rights the situation with the Note 7 before LG releases the V20 for mass availability , another missed opportunity for LG.
    Strong_Genetics likes this.
    09-14-2016 07:34 PM
    Rumor they may get S8 out early. I think S7 release was February so... January 2017? Earlier?

Galaxy S8: Model numbers revealed as analysts predict early launch | Android Central
    From March to February, at most. The s6 was April and the s7 was March. There's a limit to how fast they can get it to market though, so I would they may just barely get to February.
    09-14-2016 07:44 PM
    How did you figure that ?
    All were waiting on is for the cpsc to release the phones.
    09-14-2016 07:56 PM
    Rumor they may get S8 out early. I think S7 release was February so... January 2017? Earlier?

Galaxy S8: Model numbers revealed as analysts predict early launch | Android Central
    People at phone companies would loose their job , just for making a statement like that.
    Don't believe that kind of information has leaked out.
    The developers are No where that far on deciding how the s8 will be built yet.
    09-14-2016 08:03 PM
    V20 is looking real good right now.
    09-14-2016 08:16 PM
    I love my Note 7 and I still have it. My phone doesn't heat up when charging. Not sure how all this will go I may end up getting the iPhone 7s until all this gets corrected. The last iPhone I had was the iPhone 4s. Android is my first choice. I hope Samsung gets this worked out.
    09-14-2016 08:16 PM
    So on my S7 edge I just did all the software updates and auto correct is gone when I text. How do I get it back?
    09-14-2016 08:48 PM
    Anyone think the Note 7 may decrease in price when/if it comes back out? I'd hate to hold onto my Note 7 only to find it go on sale for like $650 when it comes back.
    09-14-2016 08:50 PM
    So on my S7 edge I just did all the software updates and auto correct is gone when I text. How do I get it back?
    Google is your friend/

09-14-2016 09:05 PM
    Anyone think the Note 7 may decrease in price when/if it comes back out? I'd hate to hold onto my Note 7 only to find it go on sale for like $650 when it comes back.
    Samsung would be losing money if they dropped the price.
    In the business world it wouldn't make sense.
    09-14-2016 09:06 PM
    They are losing over $1 BILLION because of this recall - clearly profit is not the only consideration here.
    09-14-2016 09:26 PM
    A lot more than one billion in market capitalization.
    09-14-2016 09:39 PM
    If they (or the stores) are sitting on inventory and it isn't moving, they may not lower the price but you will certainly see lots or promotions, BOGO offers, gift with purchase etc.
    09-14-2016 10:19 PM
    Lost $22 billion in market cap at the beginning of the week. along with market share also losing mobile mind share with a very hurt brand name. The Note 7 in that respect is a total loss at this point. It will effect sales of their other phones and will take time to recover. if rumors are true in trying to push up S8 release, they are trying to save the brand name and I can see them slashing prices to get these phones in peoples hands and try to fix their name.

Samsung Slumps by $22 Billion as Note 7 Safety Warnings Pile Up - Bloomberg

Exploding phones aren’t Samsung’s biggest problem - MarketWatch

A lot more than one billion in market capitalization.
    09-14-2016 10:20 PM
    I mean they can take all this week to do round the clock tests on the new batch and have our phones in our hand next week.......if this drags on past next week with no news then they are definitely dragging their arses
    09-14-2016 10:27 PM
    If they (or the stores) are sitting on inventory and it isn't moving, they may not lower the price but you will certainly see lots or promotions, BOGO offers, gift with purchase etc.
    Oh I like their gifts too.
    I bought the S7E several months back while I was waiting on the note 7.
    And you say why. MY wife put on the VR headset and went wild with it.
    The promotion was buy a S7E and get the VR headset for free.
    Well she has the phone now.
    She took it to her sisters house and showed her VR headset to her sister.
    She just about didn't get the VR headset of the Samsung S7E phone back from her sister.
    He sister went crazy over playing on the VR headset.
    09-14-2016 10:30 PM
    I mean they can take all this week to do round the clock tests on the new batch and have our phones in our hand next week.......if this drags on past next week with no news then they are definitely dragging their arses
    I would bet they don't work around the clock doing test.
    The CPSC is government employees.
    You ever had to deal with them.
    They don't get in a hurry for nothing.
    09-14-2016 10:34 PM
    I would bet they don't work around the clock doing test.
    The CPSC is government employees.
    You ever had to deal with them.
    They don't get in a hurry for nothing.
    What I mean by that is product testing....leave hundreds of Notes from the fixed batch charging and discharging round the clock.......To simulate weeks of use
    09-14-2016 10:37 PM
    I posted a link last night to a news article that samsung reps were going to some stores in the San Fran area ATT and Sprint and removing the Note 7 displays and signs. I hope they don't discontinue it, and I don't think they will totally. I could see replacement units in other countries and eventually in North America go out, but they might not sell more of them. I wonder if that would make it a collectors item then? Doubtful but that is a hunch I got. Either way even if it comes back if sales are bad good luck getting priority for updates then. That is partially why I jumped to the Edge today. IMO at this point samsung should pimp the Edge with Christmas coming up as the flagship until March, April when the Edge 8 comes out. The Note 7 image will soon be ruined if it's not re-launched.

Now if Apple has the same problem with the Iphone 7 for example they would really have no choice as they only have one current flagship device and nothing to fall back on like the Edge.
    If anything they'll come up with new displays with new and improved or something on them so people know it's not the same recalled phone.
    09-14-2016 10:46 PM
827 ... 3031323334