09-15-2016 04:13 PM
827 ... 31323334
tools
    I would bet they don't work around the clock doing test.
    The CPSC is government employees.
    You ever had to deal with them.
    They don't get in a hurry for nothing.
    True. Samsung has a very strong incentive to work continuously to get this mess sorted out. CPSC wouldn't care either way and will take their sweet time.
    09-14-2016 10:46 PM
    True. Samsung has a very strong incentive to work continuously to get this mess sorted out. CPSC wouldn't care either way and will take their sweet time.
    What would Apple do in this situation if the Iphone 7, both versions had this problem? With no new device to fall back (s7 edge) on would they be hosed?
    09-14-2016 11:27 PM
    Lost $22 billion in market cap at the beginning of the week. along with market share also losing mobile mind share with a very hurt brand name. The Note 7 in that respect is a total loss at this point. It will effect sales of their other phones and will take time to recover. if rumors are true in trying to push up S8 release, they are trying to save the brand name and I can see them slashing prices to get these phones in peoples hands and try to fix their name.

Samsung Slumps by $22 Billion as Note 7 Safety Warnings Pile Up - Bloomberg

Exploding phones aren’t Samsung’s biggest problem - MarketWatch
    As I stated before, I'd pimp the Edge a lot over the next couple months if this isn't sorted out. The worse thing to do IMO is rush the S8, S8 edge out. Then have the potential to have more issues which would totally be a devastating blow to the brand name. The S line is the flagship line and can't afford to wreck that.

Btw using the Edge, minus the Spen it feels just like using the Note 7 and seems a tad faster maybe too. typing such as texting is basically identical to the Note except maybe less lag I'm noticing on this Edge. Except for the slightly smaller size, not a whole lot difference. I'm not a fan of the unicorn beetle for it though. Like the note it's pretty stiff and I wouldn't trust it on a fall onto a hard surface. I just need my Defender to hurry up and get here on Fri!
    09-14-2016 11:31 PM
    Strongly considering the LG V20 the longer replacements take and to stop the silly cycle. Initial reviews are very good. Luv the Note 7, but Samsung has really cocked it up.

Replaceable battery FTW! Plus apparently better signal reception than the Note 7 based on initial review.
    09-14-2016 11:56 PM
    As I stated before, I'd pimp the Edge a lot over the next couple months if this isn't sorted out. The worse thing to do IMO is rush the S8, S8 edge out. Then have the potential to have more issues which would totally be a devastating blow to the brand name. The S line is the flagship line and can't afford to wreck that.

Btw using the Edge, minus the Spen it feels just like using the Note 7 and seems a tad faster maybe too. typing such as texting is basically identical to the Note except maybe less lag I'm noticing on this Edge. Except for the slightly smaller size, not a whole lot difference. I'm not a fan of the unicorn beetle for it though. Like the note it's pretty stiff and I wouldn't trust it on a fall onto a hard surface. I just need my Defender to hurry up and get here on Fri!
    I also have the S7edge and the .2 inches that the Note7 has made a difference to me in typing and I definitely do not notice it faster than my Note 7 - and it could be maybe because I have less than 1GB of storage left thanks to the paltry 32GB storage of the S7edge.

I miss my Note 7 and it's just sitting there turned off and meanwhile I am back to using my S7edge as my primary device and it's driving me nuts.
    09-15-2016 12:05 AM
    I also have the S7edge and the .2 inches that the Note7 has made a difference to me in typing and I definitely do not notice it faster than my Note 7 - and it could be maybe because I have less than 1GB of storage left thanks to the paltry 32GB storage of the S7edge.

I miss my Note 7 and it's just sitting there turned off and meanwhile I am back to using my S7edge as my primary device and it's driving me nuts.
    Yea, of course I liked the Note better than the Edge. Still top of the line device. The Edge going into the spring will still be one of the top 4 or so devices. Depending on what V20 is like, but that might fizzle out just like the G5 I'm thinking, and the Edge is overall better than an Iphone 7 still.

The bigger edge certainly is much easier to use than my S7 though. My fingers don't hit two buttons. With the thick Defender case, this phone will be the perfect size I think.

If I decide to buy the S8 instead of waiting for the Note, I'm going with the edge. It's just too small the standard s phone for me.
    09-15-2016 12:12 AM
    I will be keeping the Note7 when it is exchanged. I have had every Note except for the original and that is only because Verizon didn't sell it. My Note7 is just sitting on the counter waiting to be exchanged. After using it for 3 weeks, I ended up loving it. Once you get hooked on the S-pen, it's hard to go without it. I am on my Note 5 now and I miss my Nore7.
    09-15-2016 12:27 AM
    Once you get hooked on the S-pen, it's hard to go without it. I am on my Note 5 now and I miss my Nore7.
    I had the note 7 for about 2 weeks and just didn't use the pen much at all. Made one GIF the whole time. I tried using it to take notes at a meeting, with OneNote in pen mode. OneNote crashed on me 3 times while doing this and I would lose the most recent word I had written. So for me, pretty much a useless feature.
    09-15-2016 03:51 AM
    What would Apple do in this situation if the Iphone 7, both versions had this problem? With no new device to fall back (s7 edge) on would they be hosed?
    Apple is not above the law "when it comes to peoples safety". The government would chew them up. The user base on the other hand well they're even worse than the die hard Samsung people who still have their phones and post video boasting to the fact.
    09-15-2016 06:16 AM
    Overall, S7E feels more stable, faster, less lags. With more ban reported on N7, feels like to abandon N7 as time go by.
    09-15-2016 06:36 AM
    For me, I'm not interested in the Note 7 anymore. Bad taste in my mouth from it.
    09-15-2016 06:48 AM
    I tried to hold out but it came to a tipping point for me yesterday. So, I'm done with this fiasco. I went to go get an HTC 10 but 4 stores were sold out so I ended up getting the s7 edge. I am surprised at how much I'm liking the s7 edge, and with this mophie battery case Im giddy about this battery life. If note 7s come in before my 14 day window I may exchange back to the Note, as I miss my blue coral color, spen, iris scanner, secure folder and Samsung notes.

However, the s7e isn't this huge back step so many had claimed it would be, it's actually running smoother then my note did, just a little bit, but yeah it is! Also, the only problem I had with my note was it sounded terrible on calls using blutooth but the s7edge is crystal clear. I think that was the only negative I had with my note. Time will tell, I'm giving this thing a fair shot so far it's doing very well. If note 7s are available by next week I will revisit the sprint store and discuss my options. If not, I think I'm actually ok or even better then ok with the s7e.
    09-15-2016 07:51 AM
    For those who were going to be getting an iPhone 7+, Apple announced yesterday that there won't be any 7+ or jet black iPhones at the iPhone launch at stores Friday. Who knows what the shortage is caused from.
    09-15-2016 07:58 AM
    I haven't seem people mention signal reception issues so I hope that's a one-off case.

I like the way the V20 had metal battery cover. Looked premium. I would imagine they could put a rubber gasket on the cover to call it "water resistant" to some degree.

Strongly considering the LG V20 the longer replacements take and to stop the silly cycle. Initial reviews are very good. Luv the Note 7, but Samsung has really cocked it up.

Replaceable battery FTW! Plus apparently better signal reception than the Note 7 based on initial review.
    09-15-2016 08:24 AM
    I haven't seem people mention signal reception issues so I hope that's a one-off case.

I like the way the V20 had metal battery cover. Looked premium. I would imagine they could put a rubber gasket on the cover to call it "water resistant" to some degree.
    I started noticing something odd about the signal lately. My $250 Robin gets better LTE coverage than both my Note 7 and my loaner S7 Edge. Why can't Samsung figure out how to get a good signal on their phones?
    09-15-2016 08:31 AM
    For those who were going to be getting an iPhone 7+, Apple announced yesterday that there won't be any 7+ or jet black iPhones at the iPhone launch at stores Friday. Who knows what the shortage is caused from.
    The Jet Black takes longer to manufacture than the other colors. They've been saying that Jet would be short on supply at launch.
    09-15-2016 08:35 AM

My Note 7 appears to have weaker signal than my son's iPhone, MXPE (I used that for past year) and even a little less than my Note 4.

Luv the Note 7 in spite of this, but if the V20 has better signal and is as efficient with battery as two reviews initially report- might bail.

The decider then would be the V20 available in the next two-ish weeks and no replacements in that timeframe for the Note 7. I'm not too confident with either condition happening in the next few weeks.
    09-15-2016 08:45 AM
    The Jet Black takes longer to manufacture than the other colors. They've been saying that Jet would be short on supply at launch.
    Doesn't matter though. How does Apple not have their most popular iPhone model in stock on launch day at their own stores? Not talking about the color, just the iPhone 7+ in general.
    09-15-2016 08:59 AM
    Doesn't matter though. How does Apple not have their most popular iPhone model in stock on launch day at their own stores? Not talking about the color, just the iPhone 7+ in general.
    In the past the non plus model always outsold the plus. Maybe it has something to do with the dual cameras this time around. I don't think it's the first time it's happened though. I had a really hard time getting 128gb 6 in store at launch.
    09-15-2016 09:09 AM
    Back to the Nexus 6p. The person I sold it to returned it stating that GPS didn't work. Of course it has worked fine since I got it back.

With the V20, iPhone 7+, Pixel XL and all of the other options I may just stand pat and see where the best deals are in the next couple of weeks are around Black Friday.

Will get the wife an iPhone 7+ and if I like it I may switch back. Hard to leave Android and all of the customization options though.
    09-15-2016 09:19 AM
    That was for Apple stores. Carriers may yet have a small stock if any tomorrow for walk in.
    09-15-2016 09:33 AM
    T-mobile is sending me a 6S plus to use. I figured it'd be a good opportunity to try IOS out without a penalty (except for the shame from the AC forums lol). I'm glad to have a phone I won't have to worry about, and if I don't like it I will have a shiny new Note 7 when the recall is over. If I do, I'll jump to the 7plus. Either way it's a win win
    09-15-2016 12:06 PM
    I swapped out for the moto Z Force yesterday. Walked in my Verizon Corporate store and said I was going to let go of the Note for now. My guy ask which phone I'd like to try out until the Notes re-release, so I went with the Z Force. I'm really liking it right now with the Battery mod and the SoundBlaster mod.

I'm taking a "going to keep this device" attitude and setting it up with every intention of keeping it. The more I continue to fine tune the phone for the way I feel comfortable with it, the better it gets.

I've had every Note with the exception of the original. I'm not sure just yet I can live without the S Pen but I'm giving it an honest try. The Z Force is a nice phone.
    09-15-2016 03:31 PM
    I swapped out for the moto Z Force yesterday. Walked in my Verizon Corporate store and said I was going to let go of the Note for now. My guy ask which phone I'd like to try out until the Notes re-release, so I went with the Z Force. I'm really liking it right now with the Battery mod and the SoundBlaster mod.

I'm taking a "going to keep this device" attitude and setting it up with every intention of keeping it. The more I continue to fine tune the phone for the way I feel comfortable with it, the better it gets.

I've had every Note with the exception of the original. I'm not sure just yet I can live without the S Pen but I'm giving it an honest try. The Z Force is a nice phone.
    Z force is a beast but if I'm correct it's only on Verizon right? I looked into it. I'm on Tmobile. I guess I will keep the Edge. I don't want to get hit with restocking fee when the Note 7 goes on sale again I assume later in the year to the public. By then we will be getting closer to the S8 Edge release. I hear the S8 will be released earlier than usual so I hope next Feb maybe.

Anyone else holding out until the S8 Edge, especially if it's true they will get it out earlier?
    09-15-2016 03:44 PM
    Z force is a beast but if I'm correct it's only on Verizon right? I looked into it. I'm on Tmobile. I guess I will keep the Edge. I don't want to get hit with restocking fee when the Note 7 goes on sale again I assume later in the year to the public. By then we will be getting closer to the S8 Edge release. I hear the S8 will be released earlier than usual so I hope next Feb maybe.

Anyone else holding out until the S8 Edge, especially if it's true they will get it out earlier?
    You are correct, it is a Verizon only device. I'll also agree with you that it is also a beast. Basically the same internals as the Note.

It's kind of nice for a change to be using something other than a Samsung. I've been drinking the Samsung kool-aid for a long time, I'm enjoying the change.
    09-15-2016 04:05 PM
827 ... 31323334