09-15-2016 04:13 PM
827 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Actually, Microsoft doesn't use Wacom for their stylus on the Surface anymore.
    Doh. Either way it's a dang fine stylus.
    09-03-2016 10:26 AM
    Actually, Microsoft doesn't use Wacom for their stylus on the Surface anymore.
    Oh? Dang. I thought they always did.
    09-03-2016 10:28 AM
    I'm going to take my note back and order a new one. I'll just use my note 5 until the new phone comes in. The only thing I worry about is being guaranteed another 7.
    I don't know if this is the best strategy. They know the ones waiting for replacements are loyal to the phone. We also may have also strapped screen protectors etc onto them. There will be natural pressure to reward us for hanging in there.

I'm not saying they have to do something but them throwing in a free official screen protector or discount on accessory wouldn't be totally out of the realm of possibility.

I think we should all just pause and see how this pans out. In the mean time I'm enjoying this Note 7 as it is the best device I have ever used.
    toenail_flicker, nonie and Marcjcd like this.
    09-03-2016 10:36 AM
    It's more like a laptop, which is what I use it as. I'm a starving student and got a great deal on it. It's incredible. It took me forever to get back into the Windows ecosystem when I gave up Apple. iPad just seemed like the better option when I went to Verizon as far as shelf life.
    Makes sense. If I needed something like that then I would go for it. I use a windows pc and laptop because I have a business so a Pro won't cut it for me. And I really like the Android experience overall.
    09-03-2016 10:47 AM
    I'm sticking with the Note. I tried the 3 and haven't looked back. The 4,5 and now 7 have never made me regret my decision.

With that said, I'd rather a flat screen. I've had tempered glass on each Note except this one. Since the recall, I took the plastic protector off and my goodness! This screen feels awesome. I don't think I could use plastic again, so I'd like them to at least offer a flat Note.
    09-03-2016 11:07 AM
    Looking hard at V20 unless Sammy lowers price. I mean how do I know I don't get a replacement that is essentially a refurb? I returned mine. I also had a screen with poor sensitivity so it was an easy choice to get my $ back. Will buy another only if price is right.
    09-03-2016 11:15 AM
    Looking hard at V20 unless Sammy lowers price. I mean how do I know I don't get a replacement that is essentially a refurb? I returned mine. I also had a screen with poor sensitivity so it was an easy choice to get my $ back. Will buy another only if price is right.
    The new stock will all be brand new phones. No refurbs. No used. Brand new.
    nonie and libra89 like this.
    09-03-2016 11:26 AM
    The new stock will all be brand new phones. No refurbs. No used. Brand new.
    How do u know? If they have to crack open a never sold phone to replace battery is it also new?
    Stevenmc8602 likes this.
    09-03-2016 11:31 AM
    How do u know? If they have to crack open a never sold phone to replace battery is it also new?
    Because Samsung isn't some third rate company. They are producing new phones not waiting on distribution channel stock to flow back in so they can repurpose them.
    09-03-2016 11:35 AM
    It's a recall. They should provide brand new phones.

And they are. Even unsold stock is being recalled.
    nonie likes this.
    09-03-2016 11:44 AM
    It's a recall. They should provide brand new phones.

And they are. Even unsold stock is being recalled.
    They should but how would we know if they will? You think they can afford to sell 2.5 million phones as refurbs at half price?
    09-03-2016 11:47 AM
    Of the two I'd go with the Z Force for only two reasons. 1. Much better battery life. 2. HTC has an issue with overheating chargers because of their mishandling of their USB C implementation with QuickCharge. That is another phone that is unfortunately dangerous.
    how can u say #2? I have a 10 and never had any overheating...smh that's like me saying don't ever purchase a n7 bc it has an issue with screen cracks and bad batteries smh
    09-03-2016 11:50 AM
    They should but how would we know if they will? You think they can afford to sell 2.5 million phones as refurbs at half price?
    Afford? At one point in 2015 they had over $60 billion in cash on hand and their operating profit in Q2 2016 was over $6 billion. Throwing 2.5 million phones in the trash would cost them about $2 billion. Painful? Sure. Devastating? Hardly. Affordable? Easily.
    indydrummer and lanenubia like this.
    09-03-2016 12:00 PM
    I may be a cynic but I do not believe they will absorb the loss. IMO they will sell as new if never handled by consumer.
    09-03-2016 12:02 PM
    how can u say #2? I have a 10 and never had any overheating...smh that's like me saying don't ever purchase a n7 bc it has an issue with screen cracks and bad batteries smh
    The HTC has a problem with how the implemented QuickCharge 3.0 on their device. Using a charger other than the stock charger has the capability to cause the device to overheat, which they knew about - because they added a software warning to the user stating that it is overheating and a software switch to turn off charging, but despite their knowledge of it, vbus hot chargers and those that supply higher wattage than expected continue supplying power because of the poor implementation. This means the phone can overheat and continuing drawing a charge despite the fact that it is overheating, which can have obvious consequences, such as damage to the device, the things that it is in contact with and if those things are flammable, it can cause fires, which have their own set of consequences. The HTC 10 is perfectly safe (apparently) if you only use the stock charger or cables and wall chargers that are specifically set up to handle QuickCharge 2.0 and 3.0.
    09-03-2016 12:03 PM
    The HTC has a problem with how the implemented QuickCharge 3.0 on their device. Using a charger other than the stock charger has the capability to cause the device to overheat, which they knew about - because they added a software warning to the user stating that it is overheating and a software switch to turn off charging, but despite their knowledge of it, vbus hot chargers and those that supply higher wattage than expected continue supplying power because of the poor implementation. This means the phone can overheat and continuing drawing a charge despite the fact that it is overheating, which can have obvious consequences, such as damage to the device, the things that it is in contact with and if those things are flammable, it can cause fires, which have their own set of consequences. The HTC 10 is perfectly safe (apparently) if you only use the stock charger or cables and wall chargers that are specifically set up to handle QuickCharge 2.0 and 3.0.
    well what's the problem?

but I think you missed my point...
    even though this was a big topic when it was found out, how many reports have you actually seen of this happening? It just seemed unnecessary to say but to each their own
    09-03-2016 12:13 PM
    well what's the problem?

but I think you missed my point...
    even though this was a big topic when it was found out, how many reports have you actually seen of this happening? It just seemed unnecessary to say but to each their own
    What if you're sleeping when the warning is on the screen? It's not an alarm, just a card that says things aren't going right. I think it would be very strange to leave the Note 7 because of a risk that Samsung is fixing in order to go to an HTC 10 that has a risk that HTC knew about and did nothing to prevent.
    jackash0912 and gvyt36785 like this.
    09-03-2016 12:17 PM
    What if you're sleeping when the warning is on the screen? It's not an alarm, just a card that says things aren't going right. I think it would be very strange to leave the Note 7 because of a risk that Samsung is fixing in order to go to an HTC 10 that has a risk that HTC knew about and did nothing to prevent.
    Curious: Has this happened to anyone other than Jerry?
    09-03-2016 01:12 PM
    I'm just wondering is anyone considering trading down to the S7 Edge due to the issues with the Note 7 and now that there is an stigma attached to it?

Is the S7 Edge a big downgrade? I thought about it briefly but would it be better to wait a couple weeks and get a brand new Note 7 than downgrading to the Edge? I know edge doesn't have the Spen and has the smaller screen though and the always on doesn't have the notifications.

However next March or April the S8 will be out and I will be stuck with a dated phone sooner.
    I'm not. If I had wanted the s7 or edge, I would have bought it in the spring.
    As long as my note is replaced, I plan on keeping the new one.
    09-03-2016 01:47 PM
    I say the same thing. V20 is supposed to be in stores Sept 18th, or 23rd depending on what person you ask here. If that is true since Tmobile currently is giving us until Sept 30th to swap for a different phone, I might just hold off getting a new Note 7 and end up getting a V20. Since it might only be $650 that would give me an extra 200 to by spare batteries and a couple cases and probably still have a little left over.
    recDNA and bushy73 like this.
    09-03-2016 01:57 PM
    Trouble with LG is they just let broken phones out there exist without calling them in. (Former LG G4 owner)
    09-03-2016 02:55 PM
    I did really enjoy the N7. However, going back to my iPhone 6 Plus feels pretty good. I'll wait and see what Apple has to say next week and make my decision. I'm leaning toward an iPhone 7 Plus right now. I won't be as impatient and constantly checking my order like I did for the N7 though. That was exhausting.
    09-03-2016 03:04 PM
    If I tips it in I'm going back to iOS. Undecided
    09-03-2016 03:08 PM
    I mean honestly I like samsung, but the note 7 was wayyyyy overpriced!!!!!!
    Doug Moffat and MikezDroid like this.
    09-03-2016 03:14 PM
    If there isn't a thought out solution by next week I will be returning my tmobile version and preordering the iPhone. I have an att line too so I will upgrade to the note when they are fine and dandy again.
    MikezDroid likes this.
    09-03-2016 03:40 PM
827 ... 45678 ...