are you leaving the Note 7? if so, where are you going?

Status
Not open for further replies.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Definitely not switching. I'm staying put with the Note7.

Main reason is that I don't think there's any other phone on the market aside from earlier Notes that have this level of functionality baked into the device. I've also been hooked on the S Pen and have been using it every day as it's a really great tool to have. And while others might not think so, I've been pleasantly surprised by the performance of mine. Sure, it's not going to blow your mind, but I don't think anything is going to do so at this point and for daily use, I find that it is a very solid performer that hardly bogs down. Seems to get better over time. And I'm already too accustomed to having a phone that lasts the full day for me without having to manage my usage pattern to save my battery before the day ends. And yes, I love the look, especially on my Black Onyx.

Is it perfect? Heck no. Nothing is. Is it a superb phone? To me, yes. It is. While it may be Samsung's biggest headache in recent times thanks to the battery recall, I personally think it's also Samsung's best phone to date. It's a shame that quality control on some batteries did not hold up, but at least Samsung has swiftly responded to the issue and has made the unprecedented move to not only recall batches with suspect batteries, but all Note7s out there. That actually gives me confidence that future batches will be better.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Anyone else downgrading to the S7 Edge?

I'm just wondering is anyone considering trading down to the S7 Edge due to the issues with the Note 7 and now that there is an stigma attached to it?

Is the S7 Edge a big downgrade? I thought about it briefly but would it be better to wait a couple weeks and get a brand new Note 7 than downgrading to the Edge? I know edge doesn't have the Spen and has the smaller screen though and the always on doesn't have the notifications.

However next March or April the S8 will be out and I will be stuck with a dated phone sooner.

JoBudden

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
Of taking away the removable battery. Think about how much money they could have saved. Instead of having to replace phones, they would only have to replace batteries. I almost feel bad for Samsung. All to often we think about how we are affected. But the company we have all come to love is losing a ton of money. At least they are trying to make things right. Got to give them credit for something lol. Thoughts?

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: the irony.

Of taking away the removable battery. Think about how much money they could have saved. Instead of having to replace phones, they would only have to replace batteries. I almost feel bad for Samsung. All to often we think about how we are affected. But the company we have all come to love is losing a ton of money. At least they are trying to make things right. Got to give them credit for something lol. Thoughts?

Not gonna happen. I nice thought, but that ship has sailed...

Last edited:

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Base on my long history of upgrading. I wouldn't be surprised if I get my money back and go with Apple's new iPhone 6 SE...meant 7. LOL

As much as LOVE my Note 7 I have to problems selling/upgrading. I mean, I sold my 19 days OnePlus 3 and I praised how much I'm sticking with DUAL SIMS from now on. So that didn't last long. I love new toys.

Explains why I'm still single too. LOL I can't commit.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Re: Anyone else downgrading to the S7 Edge?

Absolutely not. I've already had two S7 Edges and the regular S7. They are dated phones already.

Mdm23

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I can't believe people are even contemplating giving this phone up for this issue. Sure, I'll trade mine for a fixed model when Samsung releases them, but I'm keeping my unit in the meantime. This phone is too awesome to give up over some 1 in 42,000 defect. Plus, we dont even know all the details of how those phones burned up. I applaud Samsung for their handling of this though, because many companies would've just tried to sweep it under the rug.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: Anyone else downgrading to the S7 Edge?

Once. The only flagship I remember going to was hTc's One M7.

After I sell and upgrade I'm pretty much done with it. The only way is if it gets a Spec Bump or even the new Coral Blue, otherwise I move on.

sparkomatic

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
I turned mine in for a S7 Edge today and want my Note 7 already! The software on the Note is better IMO. I was tempted to go to the S7 Edge and thought I'd try it out but now I'm missing my Note. Hoping they get replacements in next week. Probably should have just kept the Note and held out but at least I got this S7 Edge itch outta my system. haha

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I love my Note 7. No phone compares. As soon as replacement available will be taking it

Posted via the Android Central App

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm enjoying this phone too much to want to go to something else. That being said... If Samsung said nope, we are canceling the Note 7 this year, I might give LG another go with the V20

You really think there is a remote possibility they do that? That would be devastating to the Note lineup and Samsung's image. Can you imagine all the case makers also if that happened and all the cases they have made so far? They would be p*SSED and lose a lot of money too. If that happened, I probably would look into a V20 and take a chance and roll the dice and hope it's not a flop or has issues like the G5 did. Maybe Iphone 7plus, but being away from Iphone for 7 years would be hard to relearn it.

I'm 90 percent sure I will simply wait a few weeks and get another Note. knowing my luck though it would have a different issue and I'd have to go through hoops to get a replacement. There is a slight chance I'd go for V20 if Samsung or the carriers jack around though with the replacement times and such.

returnmyjedi

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
I'm going to stick with my Note 7 until a replacement is available, unless it starts to run hot etc. My network offered me a refund or S7 Edge, but I find TouchWiz and the deeper edge screens a bit unpleasant on my wife's handset. The refund option is valid for another two weeks so might even have a look at what the V20 or new Nexus phones are like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc