are you leaving the Note 7? if so, where are you going?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I have enjoyed the phone for what it is: a beautiful, powerful device with tons of features. Samsung pay is the coolest thing I've ever seen on a phone. I was pleased with my decision to leave iOS behind me and get reacquainted with android after several years away.
I have found that I much prefer siri over Google now because i can access siri while driving without even touching the phone. I like the way messages display better and I like having one email app that does what I want it to do vs 100 to choose from that I don't seem to like.
I think what I've learned from the past two weeks is that iOS works best for how I use my phone. I was prepared to deal with it anyway but since the recall happened I'm going to take the opportunity to go back to my iPhone.
Note 7 is a brilliant device, just not the best device for me.
I turned on the option to launch Google now from any screen.

mysterygirl

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Most likely staying. There's really not anything else that matches the design, features, and display quality of the N7. I've been happy overall with the device and it's performance. I'll do s little more research just to assure myself of what else is out there, but right now, I can't imagine wanting any other device.

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Staying with the phone. Calling the V20 the "best phone ever" before it's even released is funny.

Note 8. BEST PHONE EVER!!!

Matt_james_matt

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
I plan to stick with it but I'm not even sure I'll bother to exchange. I've had it two weeks now and it isn't running overly hot to me in anything I've thrown at it. I was very pleased w battery life yesterday (just did a full FDR because of some possible Smart Switch issues). The only things I don't care for on this phone won't go away w a swap out thanks to freaking Verizon dinking w things and removing things.

This whole battery thing has really only caused me one anxiety which is I hope it isn't taking away from their focus on doing a better job of bringing back full action functionality in Samsung Notes (i.e. Updating the software).

So I'm not planning to switch and may even keep the device I currently have.
Yes I thought the same thing I'm like I've had it charfubg under my pillow over night and it's been fine and never really gets got but then again safety is really important and if something does happen I don't want to be like no I should of swapped it and then again your getting a brand new phone so

totaled

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Staying with the Note 7 - will exchange it for a new one when they are back in stock.

I had the Moto Z Force before coming to the Note - good phone but not for me.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Waited a year for the Note 7.
It works fine.
I really like the Note 7

I can WAIT till they get a replacement, even it if it takes months.

jj2339

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Yes I thought the same thing I'm like I've had it charfubg under my pillow over night and it's been fine and never really gets got but then again safety is really important and if something does happen I don't want to be like no I should of swapped it and then again your getting a brand new phone so

Seriously, don't do that. Why would you charge something under your head? And especially a device that you aren't supposed to get hotter than a certain temperature? The radiation alone is a concern, beyond the slim chance of an explosion.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Why did you have it charged under your pillow?

You should never ever do that to a phone while it's charging.

Aside from radiation concerns, you're essentially "suffocating" it, as there is almost no area for whatever heat it has to dissipate into the open. As such, the phone heats up to unsafe levels and in worst cases, you probably already know what's next.

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
We're no strangers to phones
You know the rules and so do I
A full commitment's what I'm thinking of
You wouldn't get this from any other phone

I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling
Gotta make you understand

Never gonna give the Note 7 up

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
We're no strangers to phones
You know the rules and so do I
A full commitment's what I'm thinking of
You wouldn't get this from any other phone

I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling
Gotta make you understand

Never gonna give the Note 7 up

Lmao you beat me to it

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Ditto. Tried and can't do it. Bought the Tab S2 9.7 when it came out - no SPen - and I miss the pen so much when using it. The fat tip styluses do no make the grade. As long as Sammy makes Notes I'll be buying them.

Which is why I went with a Surface Pro 4. Got one for $650 from one of the physicians at work and hot dog I love that stylus.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Ditto- I held on to my Note 3 for almost 4 years waiting for a phone that I loved as much as my Note 3. The Note 7 is that phone. Loving the N7 even more than when the N3 was new.

I am not going anywhere. I will wait patiently for the even better note 7 and gladly take the $25,that they didn't even need to offer me. :)
I still have my Note 3 - my first Note phone - and I loved it so much that I'll never go back to another phone unless forced. I use it still, wifi only, in my bedroom at night in case I want to do things there. It's still fast and solid and looks brand new. Great line of phones.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I turned mine in for a S7 Edge today and want my Note 7 already! The software on the Note is better IMO. I was tempted to go to the S7 Edge and thought I'd try it out but now I'm missing my Note. Hoping they get replacements in next week. Probably should have just kept the Note and held out but at least I got this S7 Edge itch outta my system. haha
Thanks! I was going to get one as a temporary replacement until my new unit arrived. Glad I didn't. I wanted to try it, but love my Notes - all four of them.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
The Surface has a Wacom stylus and digitizer too, just like the Note.

At first I was like, no. I'm good, doc. Then I found out it was the i5, 256 GB, with type keyboard and a extra stylus and was like "gimme gimme gimme." Can't believe he traded for a iPad Pro instead. I only paid for the Surface what he paid to get the iPad. I love using the Note 7 and the Surface together. They make a great team.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
At first I was like, no. I'm good, doc. Then I found out it was the i5, 256 GB, with type keyboard and a extra stylus and was like "gimme gimme gimme." Can't believe he traded for a iPad Pro instead. I only paid for the Surface what he paid to get the iPad. I love using the Note 7 and the Surface together. They make a great team.
I actually have an iPad Pro. I like using both the Note and iPad together. I like using different platforms as it gives me more knowledge and experience about each.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I actually have an iPad Pro. I like using both the Note and iPad together. I like using different platforms as it gives me more knowledge and experience about each.

I have an iPad Air 2 with Verizon. I wish I'd gone with the iPad Pro 9.7, but for spreadsheets and Evernote on the road the iPad does exactly what I need it to do. I can't risk taking the Surface with me, so the iPad covers down. If I go somewhere longer than a week all three go with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20