are you leaving the Note 7? if so, where are you going?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I swapped my note for an S7 Active and Im seriously considering sticking with it.

Does the s7 actuve have wifi calling? I asked an at&t rep yesterday and they seemed confused. It is on the list to have wifi calling but I don't want to switch to that Phone if it doesn't have it. I need it for my job because I get no signal.

jj2339

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I returned mine and turned my ipione 6s back on again. At first it was miserable being on the tiny screen again, but am learning to deal with it. I may get another note 7 once this recall issue is resolved, but I am concerned about the glass issues as well as the battery. I use my phone when I jog and mountain bike, and if the glass is fragile, I'm worried if it will stand up. Not sure if the s7e had similar issues due to the curvature of the screen, or if it's an issue with the newer version of GG. Anyone know how the s7e is on glad sturdiness? Decisions decisions.

I loved the note, even though many of the apps on iOS that I use are a bit better, not all. Loved the screen and spen was fun... Long time Android user so I do miss the flexibility of the Android over iOS. But durability is a big concern.

Sigh

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I returned mine and turned my ipione 6s back on again. At first it was miserable being on the tiny screen again, but am learning to deal with it. I may get another note 7 once this recall issue is resolved, but I am concerned about the glass issues as well as the battery. I use my phone when I jog and mountain bike, and if the glass is fragile, I'm worried if it will stand up. Not sure if the s7e had similar issues due to the curvature of the screen, or if it's an issue with the newer version of GG. Anyone know how the s7e is on glad sturdiness? Decisions decisions.

I loved the note, even though many of the apps on iOS that I use are a bit better, not all. Loved the screen and spen was fun... Long time Android user so I do miss the flexibility of the Android over iOS. But durability is a big concern.

Sigh

If I was somebody that is prone to dropping their phones. Or carries it in rough conditions. I would seriously consider puttin it in something like a Otterbox case.
I hate a otterbox cause its so big and bulky.
But it serves the case in some people's problems.

pwaikon

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
DISCLAIMER: I am not a LG fangirl or a Samsung hater, just made an interesting point so please don't attack me. Thanks :)

So, most of you are gonna stick with Samsung and Note 7. Good for you. I just find it interesting that when LG has the unfortunate bootloop issue with the G4, majority of the G4 owners have said "I'm done with LG, never again will I buy their phones!!!!"

Samsung has chance of exploding batteries and Note 7 owners are like " that's okey. I'll get a new Note 7."

Reality is that hardware faults happen to every manufacturer. But it seems that some manufacturers are forgiven and some are not. Why is that? is it brand loyalty etc? Or how the manufacturer handles the situation etc? This intrigues me....

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
DISCLAIMER: I am not a LG fangirl or a Samsung hater, just made an interesting point so please don't attack me. Thanks :)

So, most of you are gonna stick with Samsung and Note 7. Good for you. I just find it interesting that when LG has the unfortunate bootloop issue with the G4, majority of the G4 owners have said "I'm done with LG, never again will I buy their phones!!!!"

Samsung has chance of exploding batteries and Note 7 owners are like " that's okey. I'll get a new Note 7."

Reality is that hardware faults happen to every manufacturer. But it seems that some manufacturers are forgiven and some are not. Why is that? is it brand loyalty etc? Or how the manufacturer handles the situation etc? This intrigues me....

I think it's both. Samsung and Apple have extremely loyal users that will follow them through thick and thin. Other companies do as well. LG and HTC have loyal followers too, but they're not heard as much b/c the companies are smaller so there's fewer of them. I think the way companies handle things plays a big part alsol. LG is staying relatively silent whereas Samsung is being proactive. That will give users more confidence to stick with them.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
My replacement shood be coming tomorrow
3e56efa46a0c8a694c1198467c8fb7f4.jpg

TTQ225

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
Are you going to switch to another device after all the recall maddnes?

What phone are you going to?

I was thinking moto z droid Force or htc 10..

Not leaving. Note 7 is still the best Android phone with no alternative. I will never touch iSheep phone.

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
The S7E is the same phone minus the problems plus bigger battery. You can buy a pen for that too if you really need one.
That's not quite true. The Note 7 is considerably easier to hold due to the less curved edges. The S7e almost requires you to use a bumper case in order to avoid accidental key-presses etc. It doesn't have the stylus, it runs on an older version of TouchWiz (and that is a surprisingly big deal as TW on the Note 7 is beautiful and flawless, while on the S7e it still kind of sucks). I could never go back to an EDGE after having used the N7

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site

Sigh
The glass issue can be attributed to Gorilla Glass 5. The iPhone 7 / Plus will be the same and so will nearly all flagship phones coming out from now on. I got insurance for the N7. The S7e scratches fairly easily, but is relatively resistant to cracking.

As for jogging: getting a Smartwatch and a Bluetooth headset will let you jog without the phone. I'd recommend that anyway as large-screen smartphones aren't exactly light. I use my Gear S2 or my Apple Watch for jogging in combination with a Plantronics sports headset. Sync some playlists to the watch and you're good to go.

jj2339

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
The glass issue can be attributed to Gorilla Glass 5. The iPhone 7 / Plus will be the same and so will nearly all flagship phones coming out from now on. I got insurance for the N7. The S7e scratches fairly easily, but is relatively resistant to cracking.

As for jogging: getting a Smartwatch and a Bluetooth headset will let you jog without the phone. I'd recommend that anyway as large-screen smartphones aren't exactly light. I use my Gear S2 or my Apple Watch for jogging in combination with a Plantronics sports headset. Sync some playlists to the watch and you're good to go.

Thanks! Yea I don't notice the iphone in my shorts pocket while biking, but the note I did It wasn't awful, but I did worry about it being damaged from the motion, even though it didn't hit anything. Just the up and down in my leg pocket.

Good thought on the watch. Can you download songs from Google play music to a watch? I stream my music normally. If they is a possibility, that could work.

Never felt like I had to baby a phone in the past. I mean I take care of them, but my droids, s3, m7, iphone 5s or 6s were always sturdy and I never thought twice about them when out doing stuff. Agree, larger phones won't likely be as durable , and I always have a phone on me whether for music, GPS tracking, etc.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Its very tempting to grab the blue honor 8. I had one in my hands a couple hours ago and had to force myself not to buy it. EMUI is the main reason I havent taken one home yet.

05GT

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Switched over to the Moto Z Force for the mean time. Definitely plan on grabbing another Note 7 once everything is worked out.

left4dead

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
While visiting my mummy, I played around with her iPhone 6S Plus and it made me appreciate my Note 7 even more. I'm not loyal to either brand but I'm definitely feeling the Note 7 more than the competition. Haven't seen anything from the iPhone 7 to switch. Maybe when Apple steps up their game for the iPhone 8, I will consider the iPhone.

Gonna stick with the N7 until VZW gets their new replacements from Sammy.

No other phone currently on the market even comes close to the Note 7, including other Samsung Galaxy devices.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Huawei Honor Note 8 at half the price. Gorgeous though the Galaxy Note is, the price is just too much, even for the additional perks you get (e. g. edge technology). I should have gone with the Huawei in the first place, but that's another story!

It only has a 5.2 inch screen though. BEst buy has unlocked for $400 which is a great price but screen too small. Might as well stick with my S7 then. If it was the size of the Note I'd look into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.