are you leaving the Note 7? if so, where are you going?

Status
Not open for further replies.

justin1578

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Does the s7 actuve have wifi calling? I asked an at&t rep yesterday and they seemed confused. It is on the list to have wifi calling but I don't want to switch to that Phone if it doesn't have it. I need it for my job because I get no signal.

Yes, all of the s7 line has Wi-Fi calling.

frope01

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
DISCLAIMER: I am not a LG fangirl or a Samsung hater, just made an interesting point so please don't attack me. Thanks :)

So, most of you are gonna stick with Samsung and Note 7. Good for you. I just find it interesting that when LG has the unfortunate bootloop issue with the G4, majority of the G4 owners have said "I'm done with LG, never again will I buy their phones!!!!"

Samsung has chance of exploding batteries and Note 7 owners are like " that's okey. I'll get a new Note 7."

Reality is that hardware faults happen to every manufacturer. But it seems that some manufacturers are forgiven and some are not. Why is that? is it brand loyalty etc? Or how the manufacturer handles the situation etc? This intrigues me....
I give second chances. I'm coming from the LGG4 which I gave 4 chances. After being bitten 4 times LG lost me. Two had touch issues and two just died. I had to hard reset every month to get rid of lag and stutter. So I can give the Note another chance. My Note is in fact performing great.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
You really think there is a remote possibility they do that? That would be devastating to the Note lineup and Samsung's image. Can you imagine all the case makers also if that happened and all the cases they have made so far? They would be p*SSED and lose a lot of money too. If that happened, I probably would look into a V20 and take a chance and roll the dice and hope it's not a flop or has issues like the G5 did. Maybe Iphone 7plus, but being away from Iphone for 7 years would be hard to relearn it.

I'm 90 percent sure I will simply wait a few weeks and get another Note. knowing my luck though it would have a different issue and I'd have to go through hoops to get a replacement. There is a slight chance I'd go for V20 if Samsung or the carriers jack around though with the replacement times and such.

No I think there's zero possibility of that happening, I was just making a point.

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
DISCLAIMER: I am not a LG fangirl or a Samsung hater, just made an interesting point so please don't attack me. Thanks :)

So, most of you are gonna stick with Samsung and Note 7. Good for you. I just find it interesting that when LG has the unfortunate bootloop issue with the G4, majority of the G4 owners have said "I'm done with LG, never again will I buy their phones!!!!"

Samsung has chance of exploding batteries and Note 7 owners are like " that's okey. I'll get a new Note 7."

Reality is that hardware faults happen to every manufacturer. But it seems that some manufacturers are forgiven and some are not. Why is that? is it brand loyalty etc? Or how the manufacturer handles the situation etc? This intrigues me....

I was from G4, i did not leave LG because of the bootloop issue, but the G5 is not what I wanted. Moreover, G4 itself isn't that great in terms of performance.

Note 7 however is a great phone once the issues are solved.

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site

I had the boot loop issue on G4. The difference is that I was left to my own to figure out it was a product defect. I had to call my carrier and then LG. I had to then call the authorized repair centre and mange the whole process. The difference? LG never officially said anything about a KNOWN defect.

Samsung, however is saying there is a problem. Send it back we'll do our best to rectify the issue. Done. I think the situation is much different.

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I returned my note today very sad. Went back to my droid Maxx 2. Hate it lol. I'm wondering if the s7 active would be a good choice.

crystinonfire

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Left for a S7 Edge. I was trying to hold out for when the Note 7s come in, but the thought of using my Note 2 for two to four weeks (T-Mobile's timeframe for replacements) was just too much. I thought I'd just use this S7E until the N7s come in, but it turns out that I think I actually like this phone more.

I've never had a non-Note android, so I'm shocked that I like this phone. I loved my Note 2 and Note 5. Didn't think I could deal without a huge screen and an s-pen. But I discovered that you can download S-Note from the Galaxy app store and get a stylus (or use your fingertip) to write notes. The S7E actually fits better in my hand for one-handed use, and the screen is big enough that I can still watch videos without being annoyed. I'm sure this next comment will cause some debate, but it seems to run a lot smoother as well, IMO.

The only thing I really miss is the 64GB internal storage, but I'm getting the 256GB free gift, so it doesn't really matter.

Maybe I'll switch back when the Note 8 comes out.

crystinonfire

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm on the fence, I'm gonna sleep on it for a week. I wanted the Note 7....this may be my opportunity to try out all three colors though. Started out with coral blue, on the black.. Silver here I come!

The silver is really pretty in certain lighting and rainbow trout like :)

crystinonfire

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: Anyone else downgrading to the S7 Edge?

I'm just wondering is anyone considering trading down to the S7 Edge due to the issues with the Note 7 and now that there is an stigma attached to it?

Is the S7 Edge a big downgrade? I thought about it briefly but would it be better to wait a couple weeks and get a brand new Note 7 than downgrading to the Edge? I know edge doesn't have the Spen and has the smaller screen though and the always on doesn't have the notifications.

However next March or April the S8 will be out and I will be stuck with a dated phone sooner.

It has all the same specs and a better battery life, so I don't really think it's a downgrade except for:
-no pen
-less internal storage
-slightly smaller screen

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Left for a S7 Edge. I was trying to hold out for when the Note 7s come in, but the thought of using my Note 2 for two to four weeks (T-Mobile's timeframe for replacements) was just too much. I thought I'd just use this S7E until the N7s come in, but it turns out that I think I actually like this phone more.

I've never had a non-Note android, so I'm shocked that I like this phone. I loved my Note 2 and Note 5. Didn't think I could deal without a huge screen and an s-pen. But I discovered that you can download S-Note from the Galaxy app store and get a stylus (or use your fingertip) to write notes. The S7E actually fits better in my hand for one-handed use, and the screen is big enough that I can still watch videos without being annoyed. I'm sure this next comment will cause some debate, but it seems to run a lot smoother as well, IMO.

The only thing I really miss is the 64GB internal storage, but I'm getting the 256GB free gift, so it doesn't really matter.

Maybe I'll switch back when the Note 8 comes out.

But isn't the Edge a bit dated now?

I mean if you're exchanging for an Edge wouldn't you just be better to hold out a couple weeks and get a new Note??

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I still have my Note 3 - my first Note phone - and I loved it so much that I'll never go back to another phone unless forced. I use it still, wifi only, in my bedroom at night in case I want to do things there. It's still fast and solid and looks brand new. Great line of phones.
Let me ask something.

I have my Note 3 and haven't used it in over 2 years. If I do decide to use it but don't have service on it, just wifi, can I update it to Marshmallow?

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I returned my note today very sad. Went back to my droid Maxx 2. Hate it lol. I'm wondering if the s7 active would be a good choice.
After 4 Actives (unfortunately using my 4th to type this) I would not recommend the Active. Too many issues thus far for most of us that bought one.

crystinonfire

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
What phone is there to go to?

I am staying with the Note 7. Samsung is doing the honorable thing with the recall & T mobile will leet me wait till they get the new stock in... then I will swap.

My work stuff is in KNOX and is easily backed up & personal stuff is pretty easy too.

Seriously, what other device is out there that is comparable?

Stylus
Water resistance
Wireless charging
Memory expansion
Speed
Screen vibrancy
Camera performance

Nothing else is even close.

S7E has all of that except the stylus

crystinonfire

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
But isn't the Edge a bit dated now?

I mean if you're exchanging for an Edge wouldn't you just be better to hold out a couple weeks and get a new Note??

Yes, the S7E is closer to the end of it's life-cycle/relevancy, but I honestly like it better than the N7 that I had, minus the lack of a stylus. I was coming from lollipop, so it doesn't feel dated to me. And I actually like the more pronounced curve...makes it easier to use the edge panel, and the screen protector doesn't peel up as much.

Even as I type this, I can't believe that I'm choosing something other than a Note.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Yes, the S7E is closer to the end of it's life-cycle/relevancy, but I honestly like it better than the N7 that I had, minus the lack of a stylus. I was coming from lollipop, so it doesn't feel dated to me. And I actually like the more pronounced curve...makes it easier to use the edge panel, and the screen protector doesn't peel up as much.

Even as I type this, I can't believe that I'm choosing something other than a Note.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Overall I'm happy with my Note 7 so wouldn't I be better waiting a couple more weeks?

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Let me ask something.

I have my Note 3 and haven't used it in over 2 years. If I do decide to use it but don't have service on it, just wifi, can I update it to Marshmallow?

Unfortunately, you can only update it to Lolipop, unless you root your phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34