are you leaving the Note 7? if so, where are you going?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Just watched the iPhone event and man, that dual lens camera looks wicked on the iPhone 7 Plus, so is the battery life it seems with its smart A10 chip that makes the phone use the 2 slower cores when not doing anything intensive

I believe the A10 is a custom built Qualcomm 820 processor.

Maybe I will give the iPhone a try. Turn in my Note 7 for the iPhone try it for two weeks. If I like it, than I'll keep it. If not,then get the Note 7 again.

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: How many are switching to 7 Plus or staying with Note 7?

I'd love a louder speaker for when I walk with my wife and listen to podcasts.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

Not a chance.

People saying the note 7 was expensive. From what I saw $910 for the 32gb 7+

Yuk. With fees and taxes then buying cases and the phone will be over $1000! and no SD card slot and less built in storage than the Note.

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

Not a chance.

People saying the note 7 was expensive. From what I saw $910 for the 32gb 7+

Thought they quoted $769 for the 7+?

That aside, would think the iphone 8 would be the year to look at iphone if one was going to make the switch next year. Suppose to be the major redesign.

True_RL

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
The 7+ looks nice. I actually came to the Note 7 from a 6s+ and while the 6s+ has been one of the best devices I've ever used, I miss the more feature-filled Note series. I'm staying with the Note for now, but may look back into iPhones next year. In the meantime, I'm also going to pick up a new iPad. My original iPad Air is really showing its age.
I agree with you. I remember being able to rock my 6s+ for a day and a half without a charge. If anything, I'm curious to see what the 7s+ will be.

Did anyone see the "Specs off" between the iPhone 7+ and the Note 7?

It still looks like the Note 7 takes the win in most areas. [happy about that].

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

This has been mentioned before and linked to an article saying 17 REPORTS IN THE U.S.... They are offering a free swap. Why the hesitation????

Samsung Galaxy Note7 may be recalled over fire risk

"The voluntary recall followed 17 reports of Galaxy Note7 smartphones catching fire in South Korea, 17 reports from the United States, and one from Taiwan."

I will be sticking with my note 7. I am not even going to turn it in on the recall. !! phones have blown up and all in Korea.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

The iPhone 7 price starts at $649 for the 32 GB version (with options up to 256 GB) and the iPhone 7 Plus price starts at $769 for the 32 GB version (again, with models up to 256 GB).

Yuk. With fees and taxes then buying cases and the phone will be over $1000! and no SD card slot and less built in storage than the Note.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I realize that... the article still says 17 reports from the U.S. which is the point because the person I was replying to said she wasnt going to swap because no U.S. reports... 17 U.S. reports.

It's not may recall. They already recalled it. Like a week ago.

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Well after seeing that Jet Black IP7+ and dual speakers my note is back in the box. It's going back. This will be my 1st IP (well I had one before, but it sucked so I sold it :) ).

Anyway I just bought the N7, because it was black and am not a Spen user. I will miss using the Gear S that I bought as I don't like Android wear very much. Maybe the new GS3 will work with apple. No I'm not saying Apple is better I don't give two craps about the OS I just want something that works and show how much $$$ I have. :)

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I agree with you. I remember being able to rock my 6s+ for a day and a half without a charge. If anything, I'm curious to see what the 7s+ will be.

Did anyone see the "Specs off" between the iPhone 7+ and the Note 7?

It still looks like the Note 7 takes the win in most areas. [happy about that].

Are you sure? I mean the Iphone is supposed to be innovative. How does the Note 7 beat it in most areas when the Iphone 7 is newer?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I turned my Note 7 in today. It really sucked. Picked up a Moto G4 Plus to hold me over until they figure out what's going on with the Note 7
When you turned in the N7 and got the G4 Plus did you pay anything such as tax on the G4? How muchmoney did tou have down on the N7 and how are they crediting it back to you. I was considering going back to the note 5 for a bit since I'd have a credit back that way vs a straight swap out when N7 comes. Not sure..

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
When you turned in the N7 and got the G4 Plus did you pay anything such as tax on the G4? How muchmoney did tou have down on the N7 and how are they crediting it back to you. I was considering going back to the note 5 for a bit since I'd have a credit back that way vs a straight swap out when N7 comes. Not sure..
I was a new Verizon customer. So I returned the Note 7 and went back to AT&T. Just picked an unlocked G4 Plus and am waiting to see what happens next from Samsung.

J4To

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
Well damn... Jet black and stereo speakers with an IP67 rating. This is going to be a tough decision. Coming from a 6s+ which, I hate to admit, did feel a bit faster than my Note 7.

To top it all off, the iPhone 7+ 128GB is cheaper!? (Note 7 AT&T 64GB $879 vs iPhone 7+ 128GB for $869)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Well damn... Jet black and stereo speakers with an IP67 rating. This is going to be a tough decision. Coming from a 6s+ which, I hate to admit, did feel a bit faster than my Note 7.

To top it all off, the iPhone 7+ 128GB is cheaper!? (Note 7 AT&T 64GB $879 vs iPhone 7+ 128GB for $869)

Just be careful with Jet Black. They say it will scratch easily so case it up!

oldskoolstyle70

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I'm curious to see if the refund policy changes on Friday. I'm wondering if Samsung will play hardball with the carrier's forcing them to do exchange only to avoid the Apple changeover.

Status
Not open for further replies.