are you leaving the Note 7? if so, where are you going?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Just talked with At&t and a little FYI for people wanting to switch...They said if your within you 14day window you can get the iphone 7 when u turn in ur note 7.....If your past your 14day window you have to get another Samsung device

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Just talked with At&t and a little FYI for people wanting to switch...They said if your within you 14day window you can get the iphone 7 when u turn in ur note 7.....If your past your 14day window you have to get another Samsung device

Interesting. I'm with Tmobile but they said nothing about their 14 day window to get full refund, just until sept 30th currently to swap out for different phone or refund. Why I was possibly considering V20 or Iphone. Especially if it's not out by Next Fri would the stores have enough 7 pluses to swap out?

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Interesting. I'm with Tmobile but they said nothing about their 14 day window to get full refund, just until sept 30th currently to swap out for different phone or refund. Why I was possibly considering V20 or Iphone. Especially if it's not out by Next Fri would the stores have enough 7 pluses to swap out?

Honestly it sound like the typical rules....I dont think the 14day rule should apply to a recall but thats what AT&T told me....Maybe thats why the 3rd option to refund on the samsung website was removed...

bobxxz

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Well according to AT&T website for the Note 7, it explicitly says "Customers with a Note7 may select a Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 edge, Galaxy S7 active, Galaxy Note7 or any other smartphone". That is for the recall. Normally the 14 day window is for any phone that you want to return, not exchanging because of a recall.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Well according to AT&T website for the Note 7, it explicitly says "Customers with a Note7 may select a Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 edge, Galaxy S7 active, Galaxy Note7 or any other smartphone". That is for the recall. Normally the 14 day window is for any phone that you want to return, not exchanging because of a recall.
That's what I was thinking..... Hate that depending on who you speak to they tell u something totally different... Technically everyone who received their note 7 is past the 14day period... So are they saying we have no choice but to stay within their family line... I doubt that

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: How many are switching to 7 Plus or staying with Note 7?

The iPhone 7 plus will have better audio, probably a better battery life, possibly a better rear camera(s) but we don't know for sure, a faster/ smoother experience, and a higher megapixel front camera, more home button functionality, and 3D touch... The Note 7 has an Iris Scanner, an S pen, a better display with higher resolution, Super-Amoled instead of the outdated LCD, edge display, more efficient phone to screen ratio, USB-C, wireless charging, split screen multitasking, and is open source.

Both have advantages, but I'm sticking with the Note.

Though this is subjective, IMO the note also takes the crown for best looking phone! Which it never did before.

rhsortho

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
looks like I'll be going back to my note5 at least for the time being. gonna miss the great camera on the note7 and the sd card. gonna try and get a refund tomorrow. may repurchase again later. the signal strength just isn't as good as my note 5.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Well after seeing that Jet Black IP7+ and dual speakers my note is back in the box. It's going back. This will be my 1st IP (well I had one before, but it sucked so I sold it :) ).

Anyway I just bought the N7, because it was black and am not a Spen user. I will miss using the Gear S that I bought as I don't like Android wear very much. Maybe the new GS3 will work with apple. No I'm not saying Apple is better I don't give two craps about the OS I just want something that works and show how much $$$ I have. :)
Make sure you read Apples special note about that black iPhone. They say on the page that because of it's highly polished finish that it will show scratches and swirl marks easily and that they recommend using a case if those will bother you.

EDIT: Just saw the other replies saying the same thing. Sorry

CincyGuy

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
For me, the BS with the FAA evaluating whether to ban the Note 7 on US flights is the final straw:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...1646-potential-ban-note-7-planes-faa-yep.html

I've decided I'm returning mine to the Tmo store tomorrow for a refund, and I think the Samsung wireless charging pad is within the Amazon return window so that will go back too. I am charging up my 6p right now and will swap sim cards tonight. My daughter was going to get the 6p for her birthday in November, but it looks like she may have to settle for a MotoG4+. Unless I like the Nexus/Pixel phones, whenever they get announced.

Too bad, I **loved** the visibility of the screen on the Note 7, doesn't wash out in sunlight like my 6p, and I thought the no-side-bezels was sexy. A little bit easier to hold in my hand as well, and I was getting used to pressing the physical button to go home from any app. It also took *much* smoother video because of the stabilization. On the negative side, besides the whole recall BS, I did find the camera to occasionally make bad choices in low-light situations (orange hues), the thumb print recognition was still 50/50 - requiring me to lift my thumb up after I press the home button to wake and press again with my thumb to unlock, the iris scanner worked for me like 20% of the time so was useless, and I did notice micro-lag (1-second-ish) when transitioning between many apps. Overall it was a mixed bag, and certainly not enough positives to make me switch out for an S7 edge.

Peace and love to all the Note 7 faithful fans, but I'm out.

TechnologyTwitt

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site
I'm an iPhone user through & through - but I also have a Note 5 on another carrier. Of all the Samsung phones, I love the Note line.

That being said, as much as I love the 6s Plus and as good as yesterday's Apple event was...throw in the extremely small, isolated incidents of a few batteries going poof - I'm going to upgrade my 6s Plus to the Note 7.

Many of my day to day tools are cross platform cloud based (Evernote, Dropbox, IMAP Email, Keep & Share) but the clear advantage for the Note 7 is how I work with those apps vs. iPhone. Even on the Note 5 now, the S Pen and the things it allows me to do on the fly throughout the day (since we live in a digital world) - are so natural now that going to an iPhone would be backwards.

My iPad Pro (12.9) is still the king of kings for tablets - since I can, just as easily draw, annotate, etc and my Surface Pro 3 is there when need something to talk to the Windows world.

I guess the message is - there are several really good devices out there, some crossing lines in terms of functionality & others clearly taking the lead in other areas.

JAG21979

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Well after seeing that Jet Black IP7+ and dual speakers my note is back in the box. It's going back. This will be my 1st IP (well I had one before, but it sucked so I sold it :) ).

Anyway I just bought the N7, because it was black and am not a Spen user. I will miss using the Gear S that I bought as I don't like Android wear very much. Maybe the new GS3 will work with apple. No I'm not saying Apple is better I don't give two craps about the OS I just want something that works and show how much $$$ I have. :)

I'm going to iOS! I'm not brand loyal to anyone, they don't have that kind of control over me. I have an Android tablet so that will allow me to enjoy what both systems offer. I was really enjoying my note 7 with the exception of battery life and the lag, not too mention the possibility my device may blow up. I'm not looking forward to iTunes, but nothing is perfect so I'll have to live with it.

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I really wish Microsoft had something to offer and a way to take advantage of this fiasco. I'd go back in a heartbeat. They need to spend 2billion and pay a+++ developers to make some damn apps...ugggh

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
For me, the BS with the FAA evaluating whether to ban the Note 7 on US flights is the final straw:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...1646-potential-ban-note-7-planes-faa-yep.html

I've decided I'm returning mine to the Tmo store tomorrow for a refund, and I think the Samsung wireless charging pad is within the Amazon return window so that will go back too. I am charging up my 6p right now and will swap sim cards tonight. My daughter was going to get the 6p for her birthday in November, but it looks like she may have to settle for a MotoG4+. Unless I like the Nexus/Pixel phones, whenever they get announced.

Too bad, I **loved** the visibility of the screen on the Note 7, doesn't wash out in sunlight like my 6p, and I thought the no-side-bezels was sexy. A little bit easier to hold in my hand as well, and I was getting used to pressing the physical button to go home from any app. It also took *much* smoother video because of the stabilization. On the negative side, besides the whole recall BS, I did find the camera to occasionally make bad choices in low-light situations (orange hues), the thumb print recognition was still 50/50 - requiring me to lift my thumb up after I press the home button to wake and press again with my thumb to unlock, the iris scanner worked for me like 20% of the time so was useless, and I did notice micro-lag (1-second-ish) when transitioning between many apps. Overall it was a mixed bag, and certainly not enough positives to make me switch out for an S7 edge.

Peace and love to all the Note 7 faithful fans, but I'm out.
LOL

so how do you think the FAA is going to be able to distinguish these Notes from a replacement that most will have next week?

Relying on government is your first mistake in making a decision like this.

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to iOS! I'm not brand loyal to anyone, they don't have that kind of control over me. I have an Android tablet so that will allow me to enjoy what both systems offer. I was really enjoying my note 7 with the exception of battery life and the lag, not too mention the possibility my device may blow up. I'm not looking forward to iTunes, but nothing is perfect so I'll have to live with it.
I find it amazing that Apple announces this new device and people are saying "yeah. That's it. I'm going to change". It's a NEW device with no headphone ports any longer and a different processor. Are you not concerned about issues out of the box?

That's what many people are arguing about the Note 7.

I think it's more about the latest and greatest being shown than it is about function.

I have an iPhone 6s+ and loved it. I am going to use it again until I get a new Note 7 replacement.

But. For all those that say it doesn't lag I can video tape it otherwise. My iPhone DOES lag and stutter when moving through screens and apps. It's not terrible but neither is the Note 7.

My iPhone also gets VERY warm on the back when I am watching video, doing web searches, YouTube etc JUST like the Note 7.

Now since I own the iPhone there's no way I'd rip it. I mean it's a very good phone. Why else would I own one?

But for all of this I do still feel the Note 7 has more to offer in total experience and features.

I just don't understand the comments about all this lag and issues with battery life. I do think overall it's just the user itself.

My iPhone 6s+ was excellent on battery. It drains FASTER when actually using it than the Note 7 vs idle.

However I am getting 10-12 hours of battery on my Note 7 with moderate to heavy use. That's almost identical to the iPhone.

archer75

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I have a complete opposite experience than you. My iphone hardly ever lagged. I could go days at a time and never see it. My note 7 lags pretty good most of the time.
My iphone battery life was phenomenal. Even during usage. If I look at my note I start losing battery. Going through my typical morning routine by the time I arrive at work my iphone is at 100%. My note is at 92%. I work in a cleanroom so no signal inside. With the iphone in my pocket I lose about 1 - 2% by the time I go out for break. My note would lose 10% - 20%. Android phones just don't like losing signal so I have to remember to put the note in airplane mode.
Honestly there just isn't anything anymore than I need to do on android that I can't do on ios. In my experience the iphone has the speed, battery and signal strength over android. Android has a superior notification system and I do love the back button.

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Honestly there just isn't anything anymore than I need to do on android that I can't do on ios. In my experience the iphone has the speed, battery and signal strength over android. Android has a superior notification system and I do love the back button.

It is interesting that you mention signal strength. A friend moved from a Note 4 to 6s+ & after the switch was constantly dropping calls. Maybe just bad luck in terms of his location or something? But by the 4th or 5th time in a month it was getting annoying.

Am curious if how Apple moved or integrated the antennas on 7 line will affect reception for better or worse.

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
I have a complete opposite experience than you. My iphone hardly ever lagged. I could go days at a time and never see it. My note 7 lags pretty good most of the time.
My iphone battery life was phenomenal. Even during usage. If I look at my note I start losing battery. Going through my typical morning routine by the time I arrive at work my iphone is at 100%. My note is at 92%. I work in a cleanroom so no signal inside. With the iphone in my pocket I lose about 1 - 2% by the time I go out for break. My note would lose 10% - 20%. Android phones just don't like losing signal so I have to remember to put the note in airplane mode.

Somehow, I find Note 7's idle battery life is pretty poor but rather good in actual usage.

When idling, my Note 7 and G4 battery life drops pretty similar. But on actual usage, the SOT on my Note 7 is at least 2x of my G4.

Thegreatone3

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Awfully tempted to go back to the S7 Edge. I feel like I have a ticking time bomb with the Note 7. I actually preferred the camera ui on the Edge as well as things like rotating lock screen wallpaper and some of my favorite themes are not available on the Note 7. Plus, if you're T-Mobile it looks like the S7 Edge will get access to their souped up LTE (MIMO, 256/64 QAM) first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair