are you leaving the Note 7? if so, where are you going?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Can you add music to your phone without Itunes?Like just drag and drop from a folder? ( Not being sarcastic....Actual Question)

Yes. Depending on where you put the music and the app you're using you may have to have it scan or change location to find the files. Either way, you'll be good with drag and drop.

Shawn0813

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Re: Note 7 to iPhone 7 anyone?

I thought about it for a split second this morning at 2 AM but the ship date was already out to late November.

TechnologyTwitt

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site

Is that what they're saying... late October? I'm looking to switch from iPhone 6 Plus to the Note 7 (AT&T)...

That is why I hesitate to return the Note. I return it and get shoved to the back of the line of late oct. The 7 plus won't ship until end of Sept at the earliest. I hope those dates are BS. figuring the first couple weeks is just for Note 7 users to get first dibs so probably the second week of Oct then.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site

Is that what they're saying... late October? I'm looking to switch from iPhone 6 Plus to the Note 7 (AT&T)...
This is from the Tmobile website
4b18bf99ab05c239215a1ebbd6f11ede.jpg

dstrauss

May 7, 2014
Visit site

I bought the Note 7 on release day because I wanted a change, and I do like it. But I'll be switching back to an iPhone next week. There are some things I miss, including the ease of all my tech in the ecosystem. If there was no recall I wouldn't even be thinking about switching.

I'm just curious - why does the recall make the decision for you? In next few weeks you'll have a brand new Note 7 in your hands, with all of its advantages over the iPhone 7 Plus. After nine years (stood in line for first iPhone), I traded away teh 6s Plus for the Note 7 - couldn't be happier (except for FAA involvement - afraid it will ultimately lead to bans by individual airlines).

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

Just read on pocketnow that in Australia the replacements will start 9/21 & new sales inventory for October. Would like to see something posted via Samsung direct with all dates posted for availability.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site

If I get a iPhone 7 it'll be such a step back in technology alone.... I mean I haven't had a 1080p display since my note 2 lol... and I'm so used to the Spen and iris scanner and getting used to samsung Mst pay...... And no multitasking in IOS still.... I would be giving up so much just for software optimization and the feeling of being coddled by IOS

Anubis1

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site

No way, I swapped my iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus for 2 Note 7's on September 1st and am not going back. Registered on the Samsung Canada site for a replacement, it's going to be mailed to my door along with a prepaid return package for the 2 defective ones. No date yet as to when they will show up.

https://canadanote7exchange.expertinquiry.com/

Jvazquez930

May 10, 2013
Visit site

No way, I swapped my iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus for 2 Note 7's on September 1st and am not going back. Registered on the Samsung Canada site for a replacement, it's going to be mailed to my door along with a prepaid return package for the 2 defective ones. No date yet as to when they will show up.

https://canadanote7exchange.expertinquiry.com/
I wish they took that same approach here in the US. Just mail them out to whoever signs up and we mail them back

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

I wish they took that same approach here in the US. Just mail them out to whoever signs up and we mail them back

Yea. Much easier than dealing with ding dong reps at the store and waiting a couple hours. The return process for Tmobile takes over an hour to do in stores people are saying. With the only store near me always being busy and clueless it would probably be a 2-3 hour ordeal.

And to the other poster, yea I saw that this morning with the Iphone back ordered too, at least with Tmobile it already is. I might as well stick with the Note and swap it out soon hopefully.

Why do Iphones still modern longer? They don't go out of style one year later like our Samsung devices do.

AhemThisGuy

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
Anyone been able to return the phone and the phone only? I am four hours from home for a week and would like to return the Note ASAP until the battery is figured out.

I just gave them the phone, the accessory (battery backpack case) i bought from T-Mobile and I kept everything else.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Lol. FINALLY someone else who thinks their phone might be a great phone but is just exhausted! I knew I wasn't alone 😊

As I call Sprint stores and get the run around this morning, I'm seriously considering not only returning the note 7 but not getting another phone at all because no other phone with sprint excites me! I might go as far as buying a mobile hotspot and running with a tablet with a Google voice #! Then reconsider when the note 8 or another worthy phone comes out!

That's how frustrated and exhausted I am! Exhausted with Sammy, sprint, news, mean spirited jokes, etc...

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

I will never be an iPhone person but I am sure jealous of that 256 gb of internal storage. This was the one rumored Note 7 feature I am really disappointed that we did not get.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site

I will never be an iPhone person but I am sure jealous of that 256 gb of internal storage. This was the one rumored Note 7 feature I am really disappointed that we did not get.
I would much rather have removable storage with a sim card ......

ScottJ28

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site

Never used iphone, that could be my first one though i'm afraid of closed IOS, as i used to android too much.

If you are used to android, you will not like the closed ecosystem of IOS. I'm the opposite as I've had all iPhones since the first iPhone until the Note 5. And now with the Note 7, it will be extremely hard for me to go back to IOS, and I really can't think of one feature that would pull me to move back to IOS.

Don't be swayed by all of the marketing hype of the iPhone 7, because if you just look at the Note 7 and iPhone 7 side by side, there is no way that most people could say that the iPhone is the more appealing device. Both are powerful devices, but if you really get down to what each phone can do, for me, the Note 7 is the clear winner.

Now, if Samsung would just keep them from blowing up. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.