are you leaving the Note 7? if so, where are you going?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leilani83

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
I'm definitely returning the note 7 but I have no clue where to go from here. Can anyone recommend a good phone to try out?

To all those returning their Note for a non-Samsung, be careful. I contacted Sprint customer service to see if I could return it for an iPhone and they said I could. Then I called the store and the store said no. They said I could only get a Samsung.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: Note 7 to iPhone 7 anyone?

At $969 you are jealous? 64gb is fine for all the apps. Yeah, it would be nice to have 256gb of memory at the same $849 pricepoint. But, given a choice of 64gb internal + 256gb external for $849 or 256gb internal for $969, I will take the $849 option every time.

The 256 gb iPhone is just $100 more than the Note 7. I am jealous that I cannot have at least 128 gb internal and not deal with an SD card. Some people like SD cards. I like more internal storage. Just an opinion.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Yep, they just realized how popular this iPhone upgrade was going to be and how they are going to have a hard time getting them themselves and to be using them all up for existing customers than to attract new customers.

To all those returning their Note for a non-Samsung, be careful. I contacted Sprint customer service to see if I could return it for an iPhone and they said I could. Then I called the store and the store said no. They said I could only get a Samsung.

nick1226

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm really in two minds. I'm in the UK and own the exynos versions. I've had issues with lag whilst typing a message such as typing out a full sentence then 3 seconds later I get a whole bunch of clicks and haptic vibrations as the sentence appears on the screen, the 30 second lag whilst browsing a web page that ends up clicking, scrolling and generally catching up with my earlier applied gestures, the missing frames during system animimations, the screen not registering some taps on the screen. Maybe I just think for £699.99 X 2 I deserve them to have gone through some kind of QC and that I can charge without burning myself to death whilst sound asleep? 🤔 Never thought I'd ever say this but maybe iPhone 7?

Last edited:

Shawn0813

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site

I'm just returning for a refund until I can do some research.

weesy

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site

I'm just curious - why does the recall make the decision for you? In next few weeks you'll have a brand new Note 7 in your hands, with all of its advantages over the iPhone 7 Plus. After nine years (stood in line for first iPhone), I traded away teh 6s Plus for the Note 7 - couldn't be happier (except for FAA involvement - afraid it will ultimately lead to bans by individual airlines).

Because as much as I do like the phone, I was still a bit on the fence of whether I preferred it to my 6s+. The FAA involvement does worry me also as a think they may start banning the phone. So now being given the opportunity to switch back without issue, I will. It's a great phone, maybe I'm just not giving it enough of a chance, but I'll be switching on iPhone release day next week.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

As a daily driver, no. I'm already too accustomed to the customization potential and options in Android and I'm already too used to the Note's S Pen.

But my sister is probably getting the regular model. I can't wait to give it a go, along with the 7 Plus.

The lack of a built-in headphone jack annoys me greatly, but the entire package looks pretty solid to me so far.

Leilani83

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
Yep, they just realized how popular this iPhone upgrade was going to be and how they are going to have a hard time getting them themselves and to be using them all up for existing customers than to attract new customers.

According to the girl at the store it's because it's outside of the 14 days. She said after that you can only get another Samsung. She then said that I might be able to. She made it sound like I just have to go and try and hope I get a person in the store that will do it. I explained that their own customer service said I could but according to her their customer service is separated from retail so they do t have to.

ScottJ28

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site

As a daily driver, no. I'm already too accustomed to the customization potential and options in Android and I'm already too used to the Note's S Pen.

But my sister is probably getting the regular model. I can't wait to give it a go, along with the 7 Plus.

The lack of a built-in headphone jack annoys me greatly, but the entire package looks pretty solid to me so far.

Out of curiosity, what does the iPhone 7 or 7+ offer to you that the Note 7 doesn't? Besides the dual camera in the 7+.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

Out of curiosity, what does the iPhone 7 or 7+ offer to you that the Note 7 doesn't? Besides the dual camera in the 7+.
The dual camera is one thing, along with 3D Touch (I actually use it for web browsing) and stereo speakers.

My Note still offers more, but the iPhone also has some things that I like.

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
So GM is recalling 4.3 million vehicles due to faulty airbags (not Takata type) So I guess GM owners should return their cars and buy a Ford?

I plan to keep my phone until the replacement comes in. I will then get a new Note 7. Also, like others, I keep an eye on it while charging. So far max temp of battery has been 98F with a low of 77F at end of charge cycle.

Jean Sagarese

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site

If I had wanted a iPhone I wouldn't have even bothered to pre-order the Note 7 and each time I go into my AT&T Store they try to get me to get the iPhone - won't be going back to iPhone this round and it remains to be seen if even the so called Anniversary edition iPhone can get me back. This battery issue could have happened to any phone or anything with a battery

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

The 256 gb iPhone is just $100 more than the Note 7. I am jealous that I cannot have at least 128 gb internal and not deal with an SD card. Some people like SD cards. I like more internal storage. Just an opinion.
I agree. It's a nice option to have. Personally, I wouldn't benefit from the $120 extra cost. I would rather have a sapphire screen or something that is more durable. That's where I think that extra money would be well invested.

smoothrunnings

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site

I am thinking of going from my Note 5 which my contract is up in 2 months for an iPhone 7, note because of the battery issue of the Note 7 which I know Samsung will fix but because the iPhone 7 128GB is cheaper than the Note 7, and the iPhone 7Plus 128GB only costs $80 more than the Note 7 (in Canada). So unless Samsung drops their price on the Note 7 I am going to Apple which will be my first and likely my last iPhone, but in today's world price is everything and when you can get a phone with double the on-board memory for either less or $80 more than a 64GB phone why not? lol

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site

well I put a pre-order in for the iPhone 7+, again as I posted before haven't had an iPhone since OG iPhone till iPhone 3 then its been Android from there. I do have an iPad Pro but hesitated on using iPhone as the OS phone wise is just boring and limited. Will give it a try before the return policy ends. I really do miss the S-Pen and MST payments. Wish my backup 6p had MST technology.

Same here. I just returned my N7 a few days ago. I've been using all the S's and Note's series up-to-date. I am giving Apple a chance just because of the camera on the 7+ and I have two weeks to play with it :)
BTW, I ordered the glossy black 7+ 128GB; cost a few dollars less than the N7 on AT&T.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Closed iOS is all perspective... if you want to customize every little pixel in every screen and just spend your day flipping through multiple home screens, then stay with (insert God knows which version) of Android (depending on which phone you get) - unless you root it...or something.

OK now, don't get me wrong - I have a Note 5 and love it...I also have all Macs, an iPad Pro and iPhone 6 Plus. They work FOR ME...at least up until I saw the Note 7. In my opinion, based on my daily tasks & functions (from my phone), it's clear the iPhone 6 Plus will be replaced.

I don't need to customize each pixel, but I also don't need to check in with Tim Cook before I use my phone for something.

Roman Akert

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site

Metal back, more in-built memory, faster processor, twice the anticipated/quoted battery life, Good re-sell value, touch sensitive home button and ... it will actually be available to buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phone user