are you leaving the Note 7? if so, where are you going?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trmiv

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: Note 7 to iPhone 7 anyone?

Well I feel dirty, but I pre-ordered an iPhone 7 Plus 128GB. I've been Android since the Moto Droid so this is quite a change.

As much as I love the Note 7 and Android, and liked it when I got it, coming from my Note 5 it wasn't a huge change. Once I got it setup, it was like OK the day to day use exactly like my previous device. I wasn't excited about it anymore. Yea iOS hasnt changed much in years, but I'm not experienced with it, so I'm kind of excited to try iOS for awhile and have something feel somewhat new to use.

My wife felt the same way and really wanted to try iOS as well. She typically will always use what I use, and I could tell she really wanted to try the iPhone but was going to do what I did. So I said OK, lets do it.

I'm sure I'll be back with Android at some point though. I may actually buy a used Nexus 5X or 6P as my secondary phone just to keep up on whats going on with Android.

ScottJ28

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site

Metal back, more in-built memory, faster processor, twice the anticipated/quoted battery life, Good re-sell value, touch sensitive home button and ... it will actually be available to buy.

Well, if you REALLY want to play the comparison game. Metal vs Glass back is really subjective. Without the glass back, there would be no wireless charging, which is a great convenience for Samsung. Besides, doesn't everyone put a case on their phones anyway. :) Also, display on the Note 7 is far superior at 2560x1440 vs the iPhones 1920 x 1080, and if you say you can't tell the difference, you're lying.
Note 7 also has adaptive fast charging, so when the battery eventually runs low, it only takes a few minutes to get back to 100% capacity.
iPhone is IP67 water and dust resistant vs Note 7 IP68, and that is actually a pretty big difference...Look it up.
S-Pen is just flat out awesome and very useful, despite what Steve Jobs has said in the past.
Note 7 has microSD card support. Enough said about that.

The only thing that I can honestly say that I really like about the iPhone 7+ is the dual camera with the zoom. And I really do like that. Maybe next year, with the major changes to the 8 that are suppose to take place, I may change back to IOS, but for now, I'll stay with what I view as the more superior, Note 7.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I called 4 different Sprint stores and nobody has any note 7's. I went to the one that told me yesterday that they were going to get a shipment in at 3 o'clock today to see if they got any but of course they didn't. However, it just so happens a Samsung rep was there onsite at that moment and he spoke with me and said that I really could keep the device until a shipment comes in. He said of the problems that have happened all of the people where charging batteries overnight or charging the batteries to 100 and still keeping the phone's plugged up for long periods of time after reaching 100%. He said as long as I'm charging to 100% and then taking the phone off the charger I won't have any problems. He then gave my name, number and the color of my note 7 to the store manager and he said the store manager would call me when the new batch of note 7s comes in which they hope will be next week.

Needless to say he saved Samsung from loosing a longtime customer. I was ready to jump ship out of frustration!

Anubis1

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site

I wish they took that same approach here in the US. Just mail them out to whoever signs up and we mail them back

I just got an email from them, should get it in the next couple of weeks.

On behalf of our entire Samsung Canada team, we'd like to thank you for participating in the Canadian Product Exchange for your Galaxy Note7. We are absolutely committed in ensuring the highest level of safety and satisfaction for our customers and we greatly apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

We have received your registration through the Samsung Exchange Process and we anticipate that your device will begin to ship starting as early as Thursday, September 15th.

As a valued customer, we appreciate your patience as we work to ensure that you receive your new device as quickly as possible. We remain dedicated to delivering the highest quality of service and it is important that your experience is a seamless as a valued customer.

Should you experience any issues with your device in the meantime, please call 1-800-SAMSUNG and one of our customer service team will be happy to assist you

J4To

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
Can you add music to your phone without Itunes?Like just drag and drop from a folder? ( Not being sarcastic....Actual Question)

For local files, you could possibly just upload your music to Google Play Music and stream them through the app for free. There is also iCloud Music Library and iTunes Match. With both of these services, you can download whatever songs or playlists you want from the cloud and save them locally on Wi-Fi to prevent data use.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
For local files, you could possibly just upload your music to Google Play Music and stream them through the app for free. There is also iCloud Music Library and iTunes Match. With both of these services, you can download whatever songs or playlists you want from the cloud and save them locally on Wi-Fi to prevent data use.

The answer to their question was yes. They can drag and drop music files ;)

dstrauss

May 7, 2014
Visit site

Metal back, more in-built memory, faster processor, twice the anticipated/quoted battery life, Good re-sell value, touch sensitive home button and ... it will actually be available to buy.

Not so fast pilgrim - just looked at AT&T site; orders are live; deliveries are OCTOBER 7-OCTOBER 14 already - bet your replacement GN7 is here long before that...

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site

Well, if you REALLY want to play the comparison game. Metal vs Glass back is really subjective. Without the glass back, there would be no wireless charging, which is a great convenience for Samsung. Besides, doesn't everyone put a case on their phones anyway. :) Also, display on the Note 7 is far superior at 2560x1440 vs the iPhones 1920 x 1080, and if you say you can't tell the difference, you're lying.
Note 7 also has adaptive fast charging, so when the battery eventually runs low, it only takes a few minutes to get back to 100% capacity.
iPhone is IP67 water and dust resistant vs Note 7 IP68, and that is actually a pretty big difference...Look it up.
S-Pen is just flat out awesome and very useful, despite what Steve Jobs has said in the past.
Note 7 has microSD card support. Enough said about that.

The only thing that I can honestly say that I really like about the iPhone 7+ is the dual camera with the zoom. And I really do like that. Maybe next year, with the major changes to the 8 that are suppose to take place, I may change back to IOS, but for now, I'll stay with what I view as the more superior, Note 7.

There are a lot of phones out "Android phones" that only have a 1920 x 1080 display and they're looked at as being pretty good.
I don't use wireless charging and you don't need glass to do it....now that's funny. Plenty of good phones out there that don't use the Spen. I use my finger all the time, so unless you're drawing and need pressure sensitivity you need a Spen.

The LG "note" line has had a lot of Samsung functionality and doesn't require a spen. In quick memo I can take a photo and mark it up...with my amazing built in FingerPen. It's amazing. I can even mark up a web page with the tap of my finger and save it. I mean the Spen really only brings pressure sensitively and if you don't draw for a living on your phone then its moot.

All that being said the gif software is cool, but there is no reason another company can't make that software.

archer75

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site

I have no need of an SD card. I'd rather have more internal storage. I've never had need of more than 64gb in a phone anyways.
Iphone 7 has stereo speakers. Most likely a better camera.
An iphone can fast charge with the ipad charger. And when comparing my previous iphone 6S+ to my note 7 the iphone had significantly better battery life. The iphone 7 should be even further ahead(I understand usage scenarios vary user to user)
Screen resolution is less of an issue than LCD vs SAMOLED and while the note 7 screen is the best out there I certainly have no issue with the iphone screen.
I don't really use the S pen.
My note 7 is laggy. Performance wise it's got nothing on the iphone. And it's signal strength is weak compared to it as well.
Not to mention the iphone processor is significantly faster than anything for android. Their GPU is significantly ahead.
3D touch is cool. I didn't use it that much but certainly way more than i've ever used an S pen.

ios has opened up significantly in the last couple of releases. There isn't much of the OS that hasn't been opened to developers. Not quite where android is but not too far off either.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
The FAA warning is making me reconsider switching to the iP7P, since I have flight coming up soon.

Unless you're getting the 256gb version, I wouldn't count on getting it until at least near Oct unless you wait in line all night for it. Tmobile is backorderd on them until at least the end of the month according to their site. Why I'm trying to hold out for a Note 7 replacement but next Wed when I'm off work Might have to chunk this since it looks like the Note won't be out for awhile if at all now.

ScottJ28

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site

There are a lot of phones out "Android phones" that only have a 1920 x 1080 display and they're looked at as being pretty good.
I don't use wireless charging and you don't need glass to do it....now that's funny. Plenty of good phones out there that don't use the Spen. I use my finger all the time, so unless you're drawing and need pressure sensitivity you need a Spen.

The LG "note" line has had a lot of Samsung functionality and doesn't require a spen. In quick memo I can take a photo and mark it up...with my amazing built in FingerPen. It's amazing. I can even mark up a web page with the tap of my finger and save it. I mean the Spen really only brings pressure sensitively and if you don't draw for a living on your phone then its moot.

All that being said the gif software is cool, but there is no reason another company can't make that software.

Yes, wirelessly charging a cell phone with a metal back can now be done, but it is a new science that just became available last summer. I really can't think of any companies that have a metal phone and wirelessly charge, but I guess if I wasn't so lazy, I'd do a google search.:)
I will say that if you were to copy and paste a paragraph of a Word document with an S-Pen then do the same with your FingerPen, you will truly see how much more quick, productive, and accurate you can be with the pen. Hey, I was an iPhone user for years and still love my iPad Air 2 and and Macbook, but I do a lot of editing of spreadsheets and documents and there is simply no comparison to the productivity of an S-Pen compared to your FingerPen. However, if you're not a smartphone power user, I guess that would be a moot point.

ScottJ28

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site

One thing I will say about my Note 7 is that it can sometimes have a bit of a lag, and that can be frustrating. I see many benefits to both devices, but I'm a heavy S Pen user, so it's really hard for me to go back to iPhone.

Pluka471

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

If anyone thinking of switching to iPhone was on this 1 hour and 46 minute (so far) phone call Ive been on with Apple you wouldnt even consider going to Apple. Bought applecare, got a broke iPhone 6 plus (lcd display going for the 2nd time), tried getting it fixed and told it didnt have applecare and it would be $349. Pull out my credit card statement and show them it was bought, get told it was bought but for another phone. The other phone was the original 6 plus that had a bad lcd so they exchanged it. They never transferred the applecare to the exchanged phone and now say they cant do anything about it.

So its not just Samsung, its all these companies. They worry so much about the financial reports that they forget how to actually handle day to day operations.

1 hour and 53 minutes now.

Go to an Apple Store if you can, I've had amazing service from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon