are you leaving the Note 7? if so, where are you going?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Really not sure what to do. The Note 7 in blue coral/gold is still what appeals most to me and I've enjoyed using the phone thus far. My gold S7 Edge was flawless, but I've had it since February and I'm kind of growing bored of it (first world probs eh?).

I won't go LG or HTC as aesthetics are too important to me. Samsung wins the year in that department, after a few years dominated by Sony's omnibalance Xperia Z designs and Nokia's colorful Lumia slabs.

I really wish Nokia's Android offerings were already out. I won't even consider an iPhone since I don't want to go back in time 4 years in tech/features.

I'm either going to risk sticking with my Note 7, or just revert to my S7 Edge which I haven't returned to T-Mobile yet (Jump on Demand).

sam00

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Re: Note 7 to iPhone 7 anyone?

Why is everyone concerned about resale value. Samsung is building a IMEI database accessible via their website that will identify if the N7 has been replaced.
At least Samsung has admitted there mistake and their doing the right thing by replacing all units or offering refunds. Remember when Apple had the reception problem, iPhone 5 battery problem, iPhone 6 bend problem. Not once did Apple admit to there mistakes.
The N7 is miles ahead of ip7 and your not locked down to their eco system.

drusum

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
I think people will be very hesitant of Samsung and the note series for awhile. Although it's entirely possible they could come out ahead of all of this by next year. As of now, not looking good.

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

This is from Everythingapplepro on youtube. He also has one for 15 things to know that was released yesterday.
Both worth the watch before purchase. Spoiler alert: He is not against the product or brand at all.
Just pointing out a few things to consider or evaluate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxXolaVdgo0

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site

The Note 7 recall has made Apple pretty lazy too as people are getting delivery dates uptill mid October.

In the end, it's the consumers who are suffering and confused. Both companies are taking advantage of our impatient nature. Samsung by releasing the Note early this year. And Apple by launching the phone without being able to provide the phone for a long time. Of course many people are getting it early as well. But from what I've seen, a lot aren't.

Don't know what will end up happening though. Now that Samsung is strictly asking people to shut off their phones and return them immediately, people don't have much of a choice. Ofcourse patience will be the best option but nobody has time for that :p

Even if you return your note 7 today and order an iPhone you'll get it around the same time as you would get the Note.

Very confusing.

And as for me. I had an S7 edge. I switched to an iPhone 2 months ago to check out IOS 10. When the Note 7 came out I wasn't that impressed and wanted to see how the iPhone 7 will look. Wasn't impressed with that either. Now I am waiting for the new Pixels. Thinking how big of a mistake it was to let go of the S7 edge. S7 edge was done right. And probably my favourite phone of this year. I'm here stuck with the iPhone 6S plus. Satisfied. The apps work a lot better on ios. The camera is good. The speed is good. I have all my widgets from android set up here as well. But I'm an android guy from heart. Eagerly waiting for the next best thing.

All eyes on Google right now.

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site

The Note 7 recall has made Apple pretty lazy too as people are getting delivery dates uptill mid October.

In the end, it's the consumers who are suffering and confused. Both companies are taking advantage of our impatient nature. Samsung by releasing the Note early this year. And Apple by launching the phone without being able to provide the phone for a long time. Of course many people are getting it early as well. But from what I've seen, a lot aren't.

Don't know what will end up happening though. Now that Samsung is strictly asking people to shut off their phones and return them immediately, people don't have much of a choice. Ofcourse patience will be the best option but nobody has time for that

Even if you return your note 7 today and order an iPhone you'll get it around the same time as you would get the Note.

Very confusing.

And as for me. I had an S7 edge. I switched to an iPhone 2 months ago to check out IOS 10. When the Note 7 came out I wasn't that impressed and wanted to see how the iPhone 7 will look. Wasn't impressed with that either. Now I am waiting for the new Pixels. Thinking how big of a mistake it was to let go of the S7 edge. S7 edge was done right. And probably my favourite phone of this year. I'm here stuck with the iPhone 6S plus. Satisfied. The apps work a lot better on ios. The camera is good. The speed is good. I have all my widgets from android set up here as well. But I'm an android guy from heart. Eagerly waiting for the next best thing.

All eyes on Google right now.
Just curious, how do you expect the pixel phone will impress you if you find Note 7 and iPhone 7 not impressive? You can already know how Android N software will be like from YouTube and I dun think hardware wise it is going to be better than Note or iPhone.

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site

Had the coral blue.. loved it..besides the battery life... couldve been better... switching to matte black iphone 7 plus.. just because i can . Thanks recall... and if i dont like the iphone 7 plus i can return that within 14 days to go back to note 7... #firstworldproblems

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

Apple would have had to of had a much better supply starting back in July, which had nothing to do with the Note 7 recall. Have read where Apple was citing supplier issues & in the comment section were people saying they do it every year to hype up the sold out effect. Personally have never watched Apple launches before this year & cannot verify how they typically do things. But having a mock 12 am- 3 am in the U.S. pre order cycle is just playing with people at that point.

TTQ225

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site

NEVER ever I will be using iSheep products, unless it's the only brand available on this planet.

left4dead

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

It wasn't an easy decision but I returned my Note 7 and preordered the IP7.

I loved my N7 and the reason why I took it back had nothing to do with the recall because I was willing to wait for a replacement device. It was more about the constant lagging and inconsistent wifi connection. I couldn't justify spending 9 bills on a phone that can't hold stable wifi speed and would often feel sluggish.

Honestly I don't know if it's a Samsung thing or stupid Android but the iPhone and iOS is just more stable and refined.

Samsung should really develop their own OS and distance themselvesf from the trainwreck known as Android.

Everytime I leave Apple for Sammy - I always end up going back sooner than later due to the buggy and sluggish Android OS.

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site

I loved my N7 and the reason why I took it back had nothing to do with the recall because I was willing to wait for a replacement device. It was more about the constant lagging and inconsistent wifi connection. I couldn't justify spending 9 bills on a phone that can't hold stable wifi speed and would often feel sluggish.

Honestly I don't know if it's a Samsung thing or stupid Android but the iPhone and iOS is just more stable and refined.

Samsung should really develop their own OS and distance themselvesf from the trainwreck known as Android.

Everytime I leave Apple for Sammy - I always end up going back sooner than later due to the buggy and sluggish Android OS.

I'm having the same dilemma myself I used to be with apple back in 2013 then I started getting Android phones, the iPhone 7 plus looks very intriguing I'm 50-50 right now I don't know what to do. But I have the same problems myself the battery life on the Note 7 is not really good I haven't once been able to connect this phone to Bluetooth with my car and concerning the lag I've been getting a lot of it.

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site

I just don't get this. I am still using my Galaxy S5 and loving it. Fast, smooth, responsive. In fact, the reason I am not upgrading is because it is going so well, so I am not really gaining anything by spending big and replacing it.

How can something 2 years later be lagging and be having wifi problems? Has it been set up correctly?

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I finally had to give it up. I miss it. It's an awesome phone. But I said it before, once it became a point of stress and worry it lost its appeal. I'll try again in the future. Good luck to all.
I'm at the same place I think. Still not sure though. Can I ask what you went with? I'm stuck because I broke a contract to specifically get this phone. Now it looks like I did that to downgrade as no other phone catches my eye.

Mdm23

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I can't believe the fear mongering on this site and the news. Samsung tried to do the right thing and they're taking major heat for it. Apple probably wouldn't have even recalled iPhones if this happened to them. I'm sticking with my Note 7 until replacements are available. You guys are acting like they're spontaneously combusting or something. I can't afford to give up my phone since I sold my backups, and only wanna go through set up when I have an updated Note 7 in hand. In the meantime, I use common sense and don't charge overnight or when I can't monitor the phone. The internet has made people so freakin dramatic. Some of you should stop going outdoors because you'll likely be struck by lighting. The odds are higher than your Note 7 blowing up.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site

There is one thing Samsung can be extremely grateful for. That this Note 7 fiasco didn't happen with the Note 5. The iPhone 6 was a major change for Apple and the sales were the biggest in the iPhone history.

Luckily for Samsung, this has all happened during iPhone 7 which, as I read it, is being received with mixed reviews. And the removal of the 3.5mm headphone back is a bonus to Samsung.

If you are going to have a recall fiasco, best to have it when the main competition has a mixed review product and a little bit of controversy on their part also.
Sadly I think this note 7 Fiasco is really helping Apple's sales(of course they don't need it), but in my opinion the 7 plus will out sale the 6 and 6s plus. I work for a phone retailer and the 7 plus was all everyone was looking to order. Of course curious I asked a few what's the interest and they stated because the note 7 wasn't available. Also had a few that decided to wait on the note 7 since the jet black is back ordered until Nov. It can go either way but there's no denying that this issue is helping Apple capitalize in even more sales.

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
I'm at the same place I think. Still not sure though. Can I ask what you went with? I'm stuck because I broke a contract to specifically get this phone. Now it looks like I did that to downgrade as no other phone catches my eye.

I personally think every other phone in the market is downgrade from the Note 7 even the new iPhone 7

CincyGuy

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
So I wake up this morning to this wonderful email:
samsung email.JPG

Yeah, Dear No Name, how appropriate. The clueless company that never got my name to register in their database.

"Power down your Note7 and exchange it now"? For another note Note 7....uh no, not available yet. And all the carriers are not providing loaners at all, even though Samsung wants to now provide one of their other models as a loaner. What an absolute sh*tshow. Like I mentioned in another post, it took me 30 minutes at my t-mo store to get my refund processed and they hosed me out of the $20 I originally paid for the pleasure of putting in the order at the store. After I yelled at them they agreed to credit my next bill $20. Should have never even been a discussion point.

I've gotta say, even though I don't like the apple products I have owned (ipads) and would never buy an iphone, I feel like Apple would have somehow handled this situation more quickly and effectively (and consistently) even through the carrier stores. This was my first Samsung since the Galaxy S3, having owned the Nexus 5 and 6p since then, and this experience has soured me on pretty much ever going back to Samsung. So so SO glad I didn't sell the 6p. I'll wait to see what the new Pixel phones will bring next month, and if I don't like them then I'll just wait until next spring for the next wave of phones....from everybody else except Samsung.

I agree with this article - the recall has been a disaster:
Samsung's Galaxy Note 7 Recall Is a Nightmare So Far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm