are you leaving the Note 7? if so, where are you going?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jabloomf1230

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
I can't believe the fear mongering on this site and the news. Samsung tried to do the right thing and they're taking major heat for it. Apple probably wouldn't have even recalled iPhones if this happened to them. I'm sticking with my Note 7 until replacements are available. You guys are acting like they're spontaneously combusting or something. I can't afford to give up my phone since I sold my backups, and only wanna go through set up when I have an updated Note 7 in hand. In the meantime, I use common sense and don't charge overnight or when I can't monitor the phone. The internet has made people so freakin dramatic. Some of you should stop going outdoors because you'll likely be struck by lighting. The odds are higher than your Note 7 blowing up.
I didn't pay $700+ for chance to walk outside and get hit by lightning. The issue isn't just the minute safety risk associated with the Note 7. The issue is the inertia built in to the way that both big government and big corporations respond to crises, whether real or manufactured. By the time that Samsung, the carriers and various governments get this battleship turned around, the crew will all be drowned.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I can't believe the fear mongering on this site and the news. Samsung tried to do the right thing and they're taking major heat for it. Apple probably wouldn't have even recalled iPhones if this happened to them. I'm sticking with my Note 7 until replacements are available. You guys are acting like they're spontaneously combusting or something. I can't afford to give up my phone since I sold my backups, and only wanna go through set up when I have an updated Note 7 in hand. In the meantime, I use common sense and don't charge overnight or when I can't monitor the phone. The internet has made people so freakin dramatic. Some of you should stop going outdoors because you'll likely be struck by lighting. The odds are higher than your Note 7 blowing up.

You are very right.
Once you got one scared mouse, all of em are scared. Got panic in them.
They are very predictable with panic

archer75

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Returned my note 7 and pre-ordered a new iphone. There just wasn't any other android phones that were appealing. They all had some sort of an issue that I couldn't get past.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site

Actually your odds are 1 in 1,042,000 to get struck by lightning and 1 in 67,567 to have your Note 7 catch fire.

Just sayin.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: Note 7 to iPhone 7 anyone?

Had the coral blue.. loved it..besides the battery life... couldve been better... switching to matte black iphone 7 plus.. just because i can . Thanks recall... and if i dont like the iphone 7 plus i can return that within 14 days to go back to note 7... #firstworldproblems

You won't be able to "go back to note 7" because those who have Note7s now will get the new ones first. The Note7 won't be on sale for the general public until October, past your 14 day return period.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I would really hate to go back to a I phone after having a Samsung Note 7.

Gonna be a big loss trying to go back
Guess the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence till you git over there.

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm sticking with Samsung . Every day my notes faster, I've had not one problem. I also bought mine outright. Once you've used the 7 and all its features it's impossible to be content with anything else. If Would be like going yrs back in time.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I would really hate to go back to a I phone after having a Samsung Note 7.

Gonna be a big loss trying to go back
Guess the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence till you git over there.

I tried yesterday to use my 6 plus thinking it wouldnt be that bad. Man was I wrong. Sure its stable but for those of us who like to have a personality and tinker with our gadgets its very depressing. Even running ios 10 it is so restrictive.

TechnologyTwitt

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site

Your primary buying factor is the resale value??

After posting several times that I plan on keeping my Note 7, I'm actually beginning to have second thoughts. Don't get me wrong, I still think the Note 7 is the best phone on the market today, despite the iPhone 7 marketing team making people believe otherwise. However, I started to think about resale value when it's time to sale the Note 7. I most always sell my smartphones on eBay or Craigslist to help pay for a new phone, and now with the battery issues, I think this will greatly affect the resale value. Unless there is something that identifies the replacement Note 7 as one without the battery issue, how do you prove to a potential buyer that the phone you are selling is not a phone with a battery issue?

I don't know, but I am having second thoughts about sticking with the beautiful Note 7.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I didn't pay $700+ for chance to walk outside and get hit by lightning. The issue isn't just the minute safety risk associated with the Note 7. The issue is the inertia built in to the way that both big government and big corporations respond to crises, whether real or manufactured. By the time that Samsung, the carriers and various governments get this battleship turned around, the crew will all be drowned.
Gment and efficiency/speed are oxymoronic. Samsung needs more lobbyists like Apple ;)

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Sadly I think this note 7 Fiasco is really helping Apple's sales(of course they don't need it), but in my opinion the 7 plus will out sale the 6 and 6s plus. I work for a phone retailer and the 7 plus was all everyone was looking to order. Of course curious I asked a few what's the interest and they stated because the note 7 wasn't available. Also had a few that decided to wait on the note 7 since the jet black is back ordered until Nov. It can go either way but there's no denying that this issue is helping Apple capitalize in even more sales.
If the iPhone had a 3.5 jack, no iTunes, sd slot, less restrictive OS, amoled 5.7", Gear VR, allowed emulators, drag and drop, Flash, etc I might consider it too ;)

callihan_44

May 2, 2014
Visit site
after watching a lot of note 7 reviews I kinda decided another note was in my future but now after this mess who knows when this gets straightened out? Idk if I can wait another month or more to retire my note 4, the edge phone doesn't really appeal to me but not completely ruled it out yet or the regular s7...and for the first time EVER im considering an iphone, the 7plus

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
IM trying to order iphone from apple and when I select the shipping option it wont let me select in store pickup when they get it. What gives?

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Buy/exchange for S7 edge or stick it out with note?

I don't know a ton about the Edge but is it still a premium current phone, or for the little price difference with the Edge should I stick it out and swap for Note 7? Would I disappointed going from an Note 7 to an Edge?

Iphone is backordered for 3 weeks I just noticed at least. Would it be wise to see by then if the Note is back out or price drop with edge?

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Re: Buy/exchange for S7 edge or stick it out with note?

I just went to a Edge this morning. I'm not disappointed really. It's the same phone mostly. It's fine

Arsenio Martins

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: Buy/exchange for S7 edge or stick it out with note?

Same hardware aside from the curved screen and the s pen. But my note actually lagged and ran slower. Therefore I just returned it and opted to not get another one. No other Android phone at the moment really appeals to me. So I ended up using my Nexus 5x for now and have an iPhone 7 plus on the way.

I like both platforms for their own respective reasons. I've gone the longest on an iPhone before buying another phone because it just worked. But then I get the bug and move. I like that I can install a VPN on Android, download something and play it. Can't really do that on an iPhone.

We'll see. I might be back on Android before the year is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma