are you leaving the Note 7? if so, where are you going?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FutureMech

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
Re: Note 7 to iPhone 7 anyone?

Yep they could even change the name to 7s :D.

I might get the Note in the future but waiting for Zenfone 3 deluxe and V20, idk why the zenfone takes years to be available anywhere.

I want an "A9 Pro" edition with 5000mah battery on that beautiful QHD display.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I don't have the Note 7, but I've been following the news closely since the recall. If I was in this situation, I'm not sure what I'd do. I suppose I'd switch to another device if the replacement model still made me nervous.

Hopefully everything works out for Samsung. I think they're doing a good job handling the situation.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Keeping/using the Note 7 until BB can do direct exchanges for new Note 7. I know enough about the battery process to appreciate the percent is low and gets lower the more the device is used (had mine since launch day). Catastrophic failure gets less likely after initial charges.

That said, if the CPSC rejects Samsung's post issue batches, probably game over for the Note 7 and consumers. Best device I have owned to date, marred by poor QC. You would think their QC resources would be heavy for the main component related to safety. Oh, and the fact it is a SEALED battery.

Bertolus

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site

I'm having the same dilemma myself I used to be with apple back in 2013 then I started getting Android phones, the iPhone 7 plus looks very intriguing I'm 50-50 right now I don't know what to do. But I have the same problems myself the battery life on the Note 7 is not really good I haven't once been able to connect this phone to Bluetooth with my car and concerning the lag I've been getting a lot of it.

I have been an Android user from the first hour. I have switched to Apple 3 years ago with the iPhone 6 and really don't miss Android so much. There are not so many things you can't do on iOS but are available on Android since iOS 9. The things that was bothering me most with Android is inconsistent battery life. One day the battery was okay and the next it drained like hell and I couldn't figure out the reason. With iOS battery is just so realiable.

archer75

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site

Same here. I bought the S7 a week after launch. Never again will I pre order. I very nearly pulled the trigger on the 7 plus today but it wouldn't let me pick up in store and I wouldn't get it for almost a month from now.
They're just putting generic shipping dates on them. People have gotten 2-3 weeks shipping notices and then today it shows already shipped to UPS.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Keeping/using the Note 7 until BB can do direct exchanges for new Note 7. I know enough about the battery process to appreciate the percent is low and gets lower the more the device is used (had mine since launch day). Catastrophic failure gets less likely after initial charges.

That said, if the CPSC rejects Samsung's post issue batches, probably game over for the Note 7 and consumers. Best device I have owned to date, marred by poor QC. You would think their QC resources would be heavy for the main component related to safety. Oh, and the fact it is a SEALED battery.

If CPSC rejects the new replacement Note 7.
I hope Sammy brings a Billion dollar lawsuit against CPSC.
We would already have our phones if it wasn't for CPSC.
There was no way that Samsung could of know that there was a problem with the betteries.

And you know CPSC is probably gonna try to make some money off being involved.

chriskwarren

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site

Yup, same here.

I've never done it before the Note 7; I'm usually the type to spend weeks researching, and the one time I decide to "just do it" it bites me in the ***.

I'm usually an early-adopter. It bit me in the rear with the G4 (I had missed-tap issue, and later on the reboot issue). I waited about a month and a half before getting the S7 flat.

The Note 7 is (maybe was) on my radar. The curved edges made me think a bit about it, and some unexpected expenses made me wait a bit more.

I tend to hand off my old devices to my wife or resell my device after about a year. My G4 was too big for my wife, so I resold it. My wife was to inherit my S7, and the Note 7 was most likely a resell.

The resell thing has me doubting the Note 7 even more now. Reading all the posts and threads about people keeping their current recalled Note 7s makes me think that the market will be full of recalled Note 7s next year. If there end up being reports about resold/used Note 7s still melting down next year due to people keeping them, I think it will impact my ability to sell my potential Note 7 later on for a decent price. I think I would have to keep my phone for a few years to make this investment worth-while, and I have never managed to do that yet.

I think the resale value on these things will not be very good, especially if the media reports these phones causing problems later on. Samsung might have to discount the Note 7 for me to jump in now. Its sad, as I think a very solid device has been tainted irrevocably.

I'm a traveller as well, and I would be really annoyed if some overzealous airport/airline employee told me I couldn't use my device. A long flight without my music and videos would be a bummer, even if my device was safe. Again, folks running around with recalled devices and bad batteries that get reported as still melting down long after the recall can spoil this device for the rest of us. Makes me think the rumours of Samsung shutting these devices down remotely is actually an good idea.

Purely hardware-wise, the iPhone 7s looks like a contender for me now, but I can't head back to IOS. I want a large-screened device that is water-resistant, class-leading camera, great screen, etc. Note 7 seemed like a good fit (the edged screen was my only concern).

Treonday

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
If CPSC rejects the new replacement Note 7.
I hope Sammy brings a Billion dollar lawsuit against CPSC.
We would already have our phones if it wasn't for CPSC.
There was no way that Samsung could of know that there was a problem with the betteries.

And you know CPSC is probably gonna try to make some money off being involved.

Would that lawsuit even hold water?

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site

I'm usually an early-adopter. It bit me in the rear with the G4 (I had missed-tap issue, and later on the reboot issue). I waited about a month and a half before getting the S7 flat.

The Note 7 is (maybe was) on my radar. The curved edges made me think a bit about it, and some unexpected expenses made me wait a bit more.

I tend to hand off my old devices to my wife or resell my device after about a year. My G4 was too big for my wife, so I resold it. My wife was to inherit my S7, and the Note 7 was most likely a resell.

The resell thing has me doubting the Note 7 even more now. Reading all the posts and threads about people keeping their current recalled Note 7s makes me think that the market will be full of recalled Note 7s next year. If there end up being reports about resold/used Note 7s still melting down next year due to people keeping them, I think it will impact my ability to sell my potential Note 7 later on for a decent price. I think I would have to keep my phone for a few years to make this investment worth-while, and I have never managed to do that yet.

I think the resale value on these things will not be very good, especially if the media reports these phones causing problems later on. Samsung might have to discount the Note 7 for me to jump in now. Its sad, as I think a very solid device has been tainted irrevocably.

I'm a traveller as well, and I would be really annoyed if some overzealous airport/airline employee told me I couldn't use my device. A long flight without my music and videos would be a bummer, even if my device was safe. Again, folks running around with recalled devices and bad batteries that get reported as still melting down long after the recall can spoil this device for the rest of us. Makes me think the rumours of Samsung shutting these devices down remotely is actually an good idea.

Purely hardware-wise, the iPhone 7s looks like a contender for me now, but I can't head back to IOS. I want a large-screened device that is water-resistant, class-leading camera, great screen, etc. Note 7 seemed like a good fit (the edged screen was my only concern).

Yup, I hear you.

Resale of the Note 7 is going to be a disaster, reason I returned mine.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site

Yup, I hear you.

Resale of the Note 7 is going to be a disaster, reason I returned mine.
If they clear this up within the month in 6 months time no one will care....it's still a amazing phone that was in high demand before the recall.....even a fresh iphone 7 doesn't have as many features as my Note 7 Grenade

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Note 5 was a decent device, but the battery life was terrible. myself I've been doing a lot of thinking and I'm going a TMobile store later to give back my note 7 and order the iPhone 7 plus I still have my S7 edge in the house which would which will hold me over. I'll be back with Samsung when the S8 releases next year. Doesn't hurt to try out new things

My third warranty replacement Note 5 64GB is running great, like the others... but this one is getting SIX HOURS SOT, the others much less.

Like I posted in Note 5 forum the other day... I do believe Samsung is cutting corners on quality control... especially battery QC.

The same apps, WiFi, LTE, no variables on any of the phones... except that this one is getting excellent Battery life.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I had the boot loop issue on G4. The difference is that I was left to my own to figure out it was a product defect. I had to call my carrier and then LG. I had to then call the authorized repair centre and mange the whole process. The difference? LG never officially said anything about a KNOWN defect.

Samsung, however is saying there is a problem. Send it back we'll do our best to rectify the issue. Done. I think the situation is much different.

Samsung did that because it was a safety issue....had it been something like the G4 bootloop issue I doubt you would see a recall.

jc2859

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Very sad day. Turned in my beautiful N7, back to my trusty N4.

I'll keep my eye in what unfolds in this saga but just play it safe for now. The guy at Verizon seemed to think there was going to be some major incentives coming out to lure people back.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandiR