are you leaving the Note 7? if so, where are you going?

Status
Not open for further replies.

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Re: Note 7 to iPhone 7 anyone?

If they clear this up within the month in 6 months time no one will care....it's still a amazing phone that was in high demand before the recall.....even a fresh iphone 7 doesn't have as many features as my Note 7 Grenade

No I don't think so, that's obviously not how things work.

Perception is reality in all things; and it's no different when it comes to pricing. Even if the Note 7 is a better phone, that doesn't mean it'll command a higher price.

All a potential customer has to ask is "Isn't this the phone with the faulty batteries?" and they have the upper hand in negotiation. Even if you provide irrefutable evidence that your phone is one of the good ones, they can still be skeptical and lose interest.

Resale value will be affected, I'm not trying to sound doom and gloom here, this is just basic common sense.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site

Perception is reality in all things; and it's no different when it comes to pricing. Even if the Note 7 is a better phone, that doesn't mean it'll command a higher price.

All a potential customer has to ask is "Isn't this the phone with the faulty batteries?" and they have the upper hand in negotiation. Even if you provide irrefutable evidence that your phone is one of the good ones, they can still be skeptical and lose interest.

Resale value will be affected, I'm not trying to sound doom and gloom here, this is just basic common sense.

There will definitely be buyers out there looking for a deal because of this issue but the fact is the phone would be replaced not fixed......And if 8 or 10 months pass and there are no more additional issues the low ballers will sound foolish.....I plan on keeping my device so im not worried anyways just saying lol

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site

There will definitely be buyers out there looking for a deal because of this issue but the fact is the phone would be replaced not fixed......And if 8 or 10 months pass and there are no more additional issues the low ballers will sound foolish.....I plan on keeping my device so im not worried anyways just saying lol
I've been back and forth on whether to get the Edge since I returned my Note.

Went to play with the Edge at best buy last night, and I don't think I can do TouchWiz without GraceUX.

I don't sell my old phone's anyhow, but right now the Note 7 is all I want. I'm secretly hoping Samsung sells an unlocked variant when all this is settled.

chriskwarren

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site

Savvy users like us might take the time to verify somehow that a particular used device might be outside the recall. I won't trust any stickers, etc. though...I'll need a Samsung official IMEI verifying site, or an invoice from the authorized retailer/carrier showing that it was purchased well after the recall settles down. I won't accept an Ebay or Swappa invoice, etc. as they can be faked, and I can't contact a reputable business to verify the purchase date. Good luck to anyone trying to sell be a refurb of this device. Even if I do decide to buy a refurb, I'm bringing up thsi battery issue as a way to try to get the seller to lower the price. If I'm going to do this, then you can be sure that others will, and the price will have to affect the added measures I need to take to ensure a good device.

Simple supply and demand here. If demand is down by even a little, it will affect the price. The Note 7 fiasco is out there now in the mainstream. A potential buyer on the resale market can simply type in "Note 7" in Google and you can bet that the battery issue will be at the top of any search result list for many months to come.

If I were Samsung, I would look at releasing a revised Note 7 with maybe an extra gig of ram or two in order to justify the new model on paper. Call it the Note 7s, Note 7plus, etc. and do it asap. Leave all the other specs and dimensions the same, so that the aftermarket accessories folks can still sell their inventory. Samsung can leverage their manuf prowess to get those ram chips in devices asap for the best price (or even release a 128GB model and rename slightly, etc).

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

Savvy users like us might take the time to verify somehow that a particular used device might be outside the recall. I won't trust any stickers, etc. though...I'll need a Samsung official IMEI verifying site, or an invoice from the authorized retailer/carrier showing that it was purchased well after the recall settles down. I won't accept an Ebay or Swappa invoice, etc. as they can be faked, and I can't contact a reputable business to verify the purchase date. Good luck to anyone trying to sell be a refurb of this device. Even if I do decide to buy a refurb, I'm bringing up thsi battery issue as a way to try to get the seller to lower the price. If I'm going to do this, then you can be sure that others will, and the price will have to affect the added measures I need to take to ensure a good device.

Simple supply and demand here. If demand is down by even a little, it will affect the price. The Note 7 fiasco is out there now in the mainstream. A potential buyer on the resale market can simply type in "Note 7" in Google and you can bet that the battery issue will be at the top of any search result list for many months to come.

If I were Samsung, I would look at releasing a revised Note 7 with maybe an extra gig of ram or two in order to justify the new model on paper. Call it the Note 7s, Note 7plus, etc. and do it asap. Leave all the other specs and dimensions the same, so that the aftermarket accessories folks can still sell their inventory. Samsung can leverage their manuf prowess to get those ram chips in devices asap for the best price (or even release a 128GB model and rename slightly, etc).
That would be nice. A spec difference of some sort to definitely differentiate the 2 Notes. Not sure if it would be feasible in a timely manner though.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site

Extra gig of ram would of been great....It would be worth all this headache for the current consumers and entice new buyers.....But we allllllllll know that anit happening

chriskwarren

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site

That would be nice. A spec difference of some sort to definitely differentiate the 2 Notes. Not sure if it would be feasible in a timely manner though.

Agreed unfortunately, I don't think it will or can happen quickly enough. Even if they did and it were released in say, November, current folks who bought the Note 7 and stuck with Samsung would have a good reason to be irritated.

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
My third warranty replacement Note 5 64GB is running great, like the others... but this one is getting SIX HOURS SOT, the others much less.

Like I posted in Note 5 forum the other day... I do believe Samsung is cutting corners on quality control... especially battery QC.

The same apps, WiFi, LTE, no variables on any of the phones... except that this one is getting excellent Battery life.

I hear you buddy, on my first Galaxy S7, I had to charge it 4 times a day, the battery would drain like no tomorrow. Now when I returned the Note 7 and had no other choices as I don't like the S7 edge, I got another S7 and this is night and day difference, it easily lasts me 2 days. same apps and settings.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Exactly how many people bought your note 7 to resale it ?
And you will always have some joker trying to lowball you.
Don't mean you have to take the deal.
Somebody else will be out there to buy it when it's for sale
How many people has traded it in and only got 200.00 for your old phone.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I don't think they will add more ram. They already have some of the replacement phones ready to go. They're just waiting for the green light to release the new ones. I think some best buys even have them already.
That is why I still have not returned mine and buy an Edge. If it's any day they release it I would be really mad I just bought the edge.

What would make me mad is when they release it they knock 50-70 dollars off it and I simply swapped mine out when I could have returned it and use my S7 and then buy the Note for cheaper. I could then however double dip and get a 256 gb sd card then!

The Edge and V20 only other two top notch phones I'd want.

The Note 7 is the most powerful smartphone this year and will probably be that way until the S8 Edge or Note 8 is released. This really sucks because this is the phone of the year. It does so much more than the iToy 7 Plus. Right now the S7 Edge is probably the top of the line now and v20 too until the Note 7 goes back on sale.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

Any hardware changes like that I think they would have to resubmit the model through FCC so aint gonna happen. Also they are not gonna spend any more time on this phone and deep into the S8/Edge/Note at this point.

Extra gig of ram would of been great....It would be worth all this headache for the current consumers and entice new buyers.....But we allllllllll know that anit happening

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site

I've been back and forth on whether to get the Edge since I returned my Note.

Went to play with the Edge at best buy last night, and I don't think I can do TouchWiz without GraceUX.

I don't sell my old phone's anyhow, but right now the Note 7 is all I want. I'm secretly hoping Samsung sells an unlocked variant when all this is settled.
I'm in the same place. Everyday I change my mind. I broke a contract early to have this phone for 2 years. Thus resale value is not critical to me.

No other phone will match the features I have grown accustomed to in only the last 2 weeks: Secure folder, iris scanning, amazing display, and the pen.

And NO this is NOT an S7 Edge with a pen. If you think it is you don't get it. Seriously that statement drives me crazy.

If I extract out all other factors and the ha ha factor... People have been having fun with me and my "exploding phone jokes"... I am going to exchange for a new N7. I apologize if I multiposted in this thread but my mind changes every day.

dstrauss

May 7, 2014
Visit site

Exactly how many people bought your note 7 to resale it ?
And you will always have some joker trying to lowball you.
Don't mean you have to take the deal.
Somebody else will be out there to buy it when it's for sale
How many people has traded it in and only got 200.00 for your old phone.

People aren't buying for resale - but it is an important factor if you are a serial elctronic device abuser and switch phones, tablets, or notebooks on a regular fashion. It's not something to dismiss cavalierly.

Not a chance... an innocent boy just got burned with a Note 7. They'll be lucky to cap this before anymore worse case scenario stories pop up.

Where did you see/hear this?

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
Not a chance... an innocent boy just got burned with a Note 7. They'll be lucky to cap this before anymore worse case scenario stories pop up.

same here, I got screwed in this process. AXIOM Telecom here in Dubai did not agree to give me the balance of my money when I exchanged the Note 7 with an S7 and instead, forced me to buy other stuff, so I bought some accessories that I don't really need like the Gear IconX ear buds, a few cases, extra wireless charger (I already have one), I just had to deplete all my credit for stuff that I don't need at the moment.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm so undecided !?! I know " typical woman " huh haaaa ??

I'm very much liking what I've seen thus far for the V20 but I know how great the Note 7 is too.

I guess it all depends on whichever is first available ......... for me to get my hands on

Based on what I read in these forums women do not have an exclusive on undecided.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Any hardware changes like that I think they would have to resubmit the model through FCC so aint gonna happen. Also they are not gonna spend any more time on this phone and deep into the S8/Edge/Note at this point.

Hopefully Samsung learns and changes to replaceable batteries, but probably maybe too late for spring S8. The battery will ALWAYS be the most critical EH&S component, so why not change design?

1. Easy to make replaceable water proof cover.
2. Will not impact footprint
3. Will give customers more confidence going forward, since MUCH easier to correct a cell issue
4 Much more simple campaign and liability to manage a cell problem.
5. Serial code all batteries to ID them to avoid false claims and support legit ones

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site

Hopefully Samsung learns and changes to replaceable batteries, but probably maybe too late for spring S8. The battery will ALWAYS be the most critical EH&S component, so why not change design?

1. Easy to make replaceable water proof cover.
2. Will not impact footprint
3. Will give customers more confidence going forward, since MUCH easier to correct a cell issue
4 Much more simple campaign and liability to manage a cell problem.
5. Serial code all batteries to ID them to avoid false claims and support legit ones
Apple has made untold billions on iPhone since day 1 with no removable battery....It can be done right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante