are you leaving the Note 7? if so, where are you going?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
What? This is shocking to hear from you. Not that I disagree lol

I know. I love my Note7, but at this point, it's a liability. Even the replacements will have a negative stigma attached to them. Speaking of, when are we going to get them? Next week? Next month? I don't want to wait, not with a phone that may potentially be compromised.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I know. I love my Note7, but at this point, it's a liability. Even the replacements will have a negative stigma attached to them. Speaking of, when are we going to get them? Next week? Next month? I don't want to wait, not with a phone that may potentially be compromised.

Most sensible thing I've read all day. Some people are living in a fantasy world lol

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=34hfCwKp-FU
Only phone I could find to catch fire on a plane, an iPhone 6.
What I am saying is there are a lot of batteries that have caught fire. The only reason the Note 7 is getting the attention is because Samsungq took quick action and recalled ALL of the phones. Before I made my comments I did some research and found quite a few cases where iPhones "exploded". They made the news for a day or two and then the clamor drops off. Notice that Samsung issued the recall not after 35 phones were reported but rather after only a few did. They started their own internal investigation and for the most part kept us informed .
As to some worldwide conspiracy, I never said that nor did I suggest it. But since you brought it up, there are those that believe that Apple does payoff people to keep exploding batteries and other issues out of the news. I do not believe it, but by the token I would not be surprised if it was proven they did.

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=34hfCwKp-FU
Only phone I could find to catch fire on a plane, an iPhone 6.
What I am saying is there are a lot of batteries that have caught fire. The only reason the Note 7 is getting the attention is because Samsungq took quick action and recalled ALL of the phones. Before I made my comments I did some research and found quite a few cases where iPhones "exploded". They made the news for a day or two and then the clamor drops off. Notice that Samsung issued the recall not after 35 phones were reported but rather after only a few did. They started their own internal investigation and for the most part kept us informed .
As to some worldwide conspiracy, I never said that nor did I suggest it. But since you brought it up, there are those that believe that Apple does payoff people to keep exploding batteries and other issues out of the news. I do not believe it, but by the token I would not be surprised if it was proven they did.

I am sure that other phones have caught fire too. If my memory serves me correctly, the couple of issues involving iPhones also involved non official chargers. But in the case of the Note 7, it was obvious there was a significant problem not involving any other factor.

But I doubt even Apple could cover up a major battery fault involving a significant amount of units.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Are you suggesting some sort of conspiracy worldwide to keep quiet defective iPhones? I am sure that all phone makers have had some battery issues. Are you saying Apple has had 35 unreported battery incidents? I don't think so.

And Samsung also has had a recall of washing machines. Here I Australia, it made the evening news when one caught fire. So yeah, quality control. I am no Samsung basher, I have a Galaxy S5 and fully intend to get another Samsung when I upgrade. All my major appliances are Samsung.

But Sammy needs to address quality control. This has been an issue for them for a while now on a range of different products. And with the Note 7, it wasn't just battery issues. There was a lot of feedback about performance, lag and stutter and other issues like the easily scratched glass.

Samsung is not the only people wirh recalls.
And with fires.
Things happen.

Jeep Grand Cherokee, Dodge Durango still catching fire after recall - Autoblog

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Well, no doubt when there is a report of an iPhone catching fire, there is most likely someone at Apple to run and investigate it to find out the issue and resolve it ASAP before any media frenzy occurs. and if it's a one off issue, and not a production lot of batteries then they spin it as such and put the story to rest.

It doesn't seem Apple has ever had an issue of a production issue with a bulk of batteries cause fires/explosions. A billion phones... they've been lucky. If you think of it though... total smartphone production for last 10+ years, Samsung has made BILLIONS AND BILLIONS of phones and this is the first issue of this level of f'd-up I've heard of.

Samsung must have had a production run of batteries they couldnt trust. What'cha gonna do?? Really sucks. :-\

I am sure that other phones have caught fire too. If my memory serves me correctly, the couple of issues involving iPhones also involved non official chargers. But in the case of the Note 7, it was obvious there was a significant problem not involving any other factor.

But I doubt even Apple could cover up a major battery fault involving a significant amount of units.

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I had the S7 and S7 edge. Been there, done that. I want something that'll last me a good year as I'm sick of buying and switching phones and I think the IP7+ is the best bet at this point.

Until next year when the IP8 anniversary edition comes out with the Amoled screen, fast charging, wireless charging and all glass front. Oh and the Dark Theme.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
No company is immune to **** ups. It's how you deal with the aftermath that defines you. If anything, the carriers are the ones that look like they don't know how to help their customers. If anyone denied me a loaner, or did anything other than sooth my concerns, I'd be looking to switch, and I'd tell them that to their faces.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Well, no doubt when there is a report of an iPhone catching fire, there is most likely someone at Apple to run and investigate it to find out the issue and resolve it ASAP before any media frenzy occurs. and if it's a one off issue, and not a production lot of batteries then they spin it as such and put the story to rest.

It doesn't seem Apple has ever had an issue of a production issue with a bulk of batteries cause fires/explosions. A billion phones... they've been lucky. If you think of it though... total smartphone production for last 10+ years, Samsung has made BILLIONS AND BILLIONS of phones and this is the first issue of this level of f'd-up I've heard of.

Samsung must have had a production run of batteries they couldnt trust. What'cha gonna do?? Really sucks. :-\

iPhone 6 Plus catches fire in man's bed

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I pulled the plug on Samsung last night and went back to boring ios. Returned my loaner edge, cancelled my notification from At&t for the new Note 7 and have all my wireless chargers up for sale in Craigslist. I applaud those willing to wait this out but this is the 3rd phone in a row from Samsung that has been a royal disaster so Im hopping off the Sammy train. Good luck to all of you who are holding out for new Note 7's, it was imo the best phone on the market. Hopefully they resolve this sooner than later.

At&t tried to screw me on the loaner phone restocking fee and some other issues with the account so I cancelled them as well and went to Verizon.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
I pulled the plug on Samsung last night and went back to boring ios. Returned my loaner edge, cancelled my notification from At&t for the new Note 7 and have all my wireless chargers up for sale in Craigslist. I applaud those willing to wait this out but this is the 3rd phone in a row from Samsung that has been a royal disaster so Im hoping off the Sammy train. Good luck to all of you who are holding out for new Note 7's, it was imo the best phone on the market. Hopefully they resolve this sooner than later.

At&t tried to screw me on the loaner phone restocking fee and some other issues with the account so I cancelled them as well and went to Verizon.
Best of luck.... I'm sure you won't be the last person to switch over..... This situation is definitely shaking the tree

silkyms3

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
If the replacements don't show up within few weeks, I'll be looking at the Note 8, Huawei Note 8, that is. 6.6" 2K flat screen is about the perfect size imo, and 4500mAh of juice will be nice. Will miss the s-pen, screen quality and the camera if I move on.

Rated_R_1911

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Okay I have made the decision to keep my note 7 until sept 29, that gives samsung 2 weeks to work out something, and the compensation is going to have to be either a better device or a free vr or something I brought my device out right and Im going to take a loss when I try to sell it next year for the note 8. So either Im turning it in for the Pixel XL or something from Huawei hopefully Mate 9 but I really doubt Im keeping the note 7 unless samsung does something to renew my faith that my device will be worth something in a year by either giving me extras now or better device now.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Okay I have made the decision to keep my note 7 until sept 29, that gives samsung 2 weeks to work out something, and the compensation is going to have to be either a better device or a free vr or something I brought my device out right and Im going to take a loss when I try to sell it next year for the note 8. So either Im turning it in for the Pixel XL or something from Huawei hopefully Mate 9 but I really doubt Im keeping the note 7 unless samsung does something to renew my faith that my device will be worth something in a year by either giving me extras now or better device now.
They have til Monday for me

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Not having had an iPhone since the 4 and having only used my wife's Note 3 I still don't get what the Note series and iPhones share except for being very expensive and having good cameras. Different operating systems and ecosystems. The Note does a lot of things, sometimes very well other times not. The iPhone does comparatively fewer things, but they're generally very well done. What am I missing here?

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Catches fire, with no explanation of what caused it. It could have been damaged prior to or had a damaged cable or something. Exploding batteries, either being charged or off the charger, is something that should have been caught in the R&D phase and extended testing.

Yea I guess that could of gone for the Automotive companies too Huh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz