are you leaving the Note 7? if so, where are you going?

Status
Not open for further replies.

piinkRainbowz

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
So I wake up this morning to this wonderful email:
View attachment 239028

Yeah, Dear No Name, how appropriate. The clueless company that never got my name to register in their database.

"Power down your Note7 and exchange it now"? For another note Note 7....uh no, not available yet. And all the carriers are not providing loaners at all, even though Samsung wants to now provide one of their other models as a loaner. What an absolute sh*tshow. Like I mentioned in another post, it took me 30 minutes at my t-mo store to get my refund processed and they hosed me out of the $20 I originally paid for the pleasure of putting in the order at the store. After I yelled at them they agreed to credit my next bill $20. Should have never even been a discussion point.

I've gotta say, even though I don't like the apple products I have owned (ipads) and would never buy an iphone, I feel like Apple would have somehow handled this situation more quickly and effectively (and consistently) even through the carrier stores. This was my first Samsung since the Galaxy S3, having owned the Nexus 5 and 6p since then, and this experience has soured me on pretty much ever going back to Samsung. So so SO glad I didn't sell the 6p. I'll wait to see what the new Pixel phones will bring next month, and if I don't like them then I'll just wait until next spring for the next wave of phones....from everybody else except Samsung.

I agree with this article - the recall has been a disaster:
Samsung's Galaxy Note 7 Recall Is a Nightmare So Far
Sorry to hear that, No Name..

I, on the other hand, plan on sticking with the Note 7. Patiently waiting for it come out cause I enjoy the phone. I highly doubt Apple wouldve handle it at all nor any better. We are talking a Mass halt in production. And for them to not only reship out unaffected units to s who already purchased it. But also to stores to continue to sell. Any company facing this would need time for that.

Phone is still awesome and it anything else in my opinion would be a downgrade.

leetrevor81

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
Of the two I'd go with the Z Force for only two reasons. 1. Much better battery life. 2. HTC has an issue with overheating chargers because of their mishandling of their USB C implementation with QuickCharge. That is another phone that is unfortunately dangerous.
I have an HTC 10 first I heard of these issues, and never had an issue personally. I agree the force is likely to have better battery life though I get 5 hours SOT on my HTC 10. HTC 10 is an awesome phone, though I'd choose the force as well. I have the regular Z and loving the phone. I'd get the force not because of issues, but because mods are fun for geeks like me :)

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I have an HTC 10 first I heard of these issues, and never had an issue personally. I agree the force is likely to have better battery life though I get 5 hours SOT on my HTC 10. HTC 10 is an awesome phone, though I'd choose the force as well. I have the regular Z and loving the phone. I'd get the force not because of issues, but because mods are fun for geeks like me :)

First I heard of the issue was reported on the Android Central blog. Other than that one thing, I don't have much, if anything about the HTC 10 that I dislike. My wife loves the Z Force.

GeorgesBlazah

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Im switching. I like to switch phones often and I am worried about resale. Also, with all the news surrounding it, its best to just sit and wait to see what happens. I'm probably going with the 7 plus this time around.

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I miss my Note 7. I plan on buying another one in 2 months or so once i know all the issues are worked out. I ordered iphone 7+ until then as i needed a decent phone to use other then this droid maxx 2 that i cant stand using. IOS is boring but it will do, then in 2 months ill probably trade for a new Note 7.

Mdm23

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Im switching. I like to switch phones often and I am worried about resale. Also, with all the news surrounding it, its best to just sit and wait to see what happens. I'm probably going with the 7 plus this time around.

I couldn't imagine going from a Note 7 to an IPhone. Samsung has handled this as best as possible in my opinion. And resale should be fine since there will be a distinction between the old models and the new.

ctt1wbw

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't imagine going from a Note 7 to an IPhone. Samsung has handled this as best as possible in my opinion. And resale should be fine since there will be a distinction between the old models and the new.

I thought that blue S logo was only on the box? Is there an indication somewhere on the phone itself?

mackie8

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
Its easier to handle..
No regret.. Actually s7 edge looks slimmer. S7 is a bit thicker when inside the case...

Im trying to convince myself to change to iPhone.. But there nothing exciting about it... And 4.7 inch screen is too small for me... 5.1 is just right...
If I did actually return it I would likely go with this option. Any regrets using a smaller phone?

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I miss my Note 7. I plan on buying another one in 2 months or so once i know all the issues are worked out. I ordered iphone 7+ until then as i needed a decent phone to use other then this droid maxx 2 that i cant stand using. IOS is boring but it will do, then in 2 months ill probably trade for a new Note 7.

Same here, ready to be done with all this mess. If there are no replacements Friday my replacement will be the iPhone 7 Plus 256GB. :p

djarchow

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I thought that blue S logo was only on the box? Is there an indication somewhere on the phone itself?

THe CPSC recall handbook says the following:

'The company should institute a product identification system if one is not now in use. Model designations and date-of-manufacture codes should be used on all products, whether they carry the company's name or are privately labeled for other firms. If a product recall is necessary, this practice allows the company to identify easily all affected products without undertaking a costly recall of the entire production. Similarly, once a specific product has been recalled and corrected, a new model number or other means of identification used on new corrected products allows distributors, retailers, and consumers to distinguish products subject to recall from the new items. Until a production change can be made to incorporate a new model number or date code, some companies have used sticker labels to differentiate products that have been checked and corrected from recalled products.'

Note the word 'should' above. Even changing the model to 7.1 even if just on the phone itself would go a long way towards helping consumers, airlines etc.

Last edited:

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Seriously? That's a new one-and a drastic one at that. Do you have any links for that information?

I posted a link last night to a news article that samsung reps were going to some stores in the San Fran area ATT and Sprint and removing the Note 7 displays and signs. I hope they don't discontinue it, and I don't think they will totally. I could see replacement units in other countries and eventually in North America go out, but they might not sell more of them. I wonder if that would make it a collectors item then? Doubtful but that is a hunch I got. Either way even if it comes back if sales are bad good luck getting priority for updates then. That is partially why I jumped to the Edge today. IMO at this point samsung should pimp the Edge with Christmas coming up as the flagship until March, April when the Edge 8 comes out. The Note 7 image will soon be ruined if it's not re-launched.

Now if Apple has the same problem with the Iphone 7 for example they would really have no choice as they only have one current flagship device and nothing to fall back on like the Edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci