are you leaving the Note 7? if so, where are you going?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I think LG had a shot with getting a good chunk of Note 7 abandoned , but seems LG did a launch with no pricing and vague start time for availability.

IF Samsung rights the situation with the Note 7 before LG releases the V20 for mass availability , another missed opportunity for LG.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site

Rmbrown1964

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I love my Note 7 and I still have it. My phone doesn't heat up when charging. Not sure how all this will go I may end up getting the iPhone 7s until all this gets corrected. The last iPhone I had was the iPhone 4s. Android is my first choice. I hope Samsung gets this worked out.

phillipeino

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Anyone think the Note 7 may decrease in price when/if it comes back out? I'd hate to hold onto my Note 7 only to find it go on sale for like $650 when it comes back.

djarchow

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Samsung would be losing money if they dropped the price.
In the business world it wouldn't make sense.

If they (or the stores) are sitting on inventory and it isn't moving, they may not lower the price but you will certainly see lots or promotions, BOGO offers, gift with purchase etc.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Lost $22 billion in market cap at the beginning of the week. along with market share also losing mobile mind share with a very hurt brand name. The Note 7 in that respect is a total loss at this point. It will effect sales of their other phones and will take time to recover. if rumors are true in trying to push up S8 release, they are trying to save the brand name and I can see them slashing prices to get these phones in peoples hands and try to fix their name.

Samsung Slumps by $22 Billion as Note 7 Safety Warnings Pile Up - Bloomberg

Exploding phones aren’t Samsung’s biggest problem - MarketWatch

A lot more than one billion in market capitalization.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
I mean they can take all this week to do round the clock tests on the new batch and have our phones in our hand next week.......if this drags on past next week with no news then they are definitely dragging their arses

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
If they (or the stores) are sitting on inventory and it isn't moving, they may not lower the price but you will certainly see lots or promotions, BOGO offers, gift with purchase etc.

Oh I like their gifts too.
I bought the S7E several months back while I was waiting on the note 7.
And you say why. MY wife put on the VR headset and went wild with it.
The promotion was buy a S7E and get the VR headset for free.
Well she has the phone now.
She took it to her sisters house and showed her VR headset to her sister.
She just about didn't get the VR headset of the Samsung S7E phone back from her sister.
He sister went crazy over playing on the VR headset.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I mean they can take all this week to do round the clock tests on the new batch and have our phones in our hand next week.......if this drags on past next week with no news then they are definitely dragging their arses

I would bet they don't work around the clock doing test.
The CPSC is government employees.
You ever had to deal with them.
They don't get in a hurry for nothing.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
What I mean by that is product testing....leave hundreds of Notes from the fixed batch charging and discharging round the clock.......To simulate weeks of use

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I posted a link last night to a news article that samsung reps were going to some stores in the San Fran area ATT and Sprint and removing the Note 7 displays and signs. I hope they don't discontinue it, and I don't think they will totally. I could see replacement units in other countries and eventually in North America go out, but they might not sell more of them. I wonder if that would make it a collectors item then? Doubtful but that is a hunch I got. Either way even if it comes back if sales are bad good luck getting priority for updates then. That is partially why I jumped to the Edge today. IMO at this point samsung should pimp the Edge with Christmas coming up as the flagship until March, April when the Edge 8 comes out. The Note 7 image will soon be ruined if it's not re-launched.

Now if Apple has the same problem with the Iphone 7 for example they would really have no choice as they only have one current flagship device and nothing to fall back on like the Edge.
If anything they'll come up with new displays with new and improved or something on them so people know it's not the same recalled phone.

1213 1213

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
True. Samsung has a very strong incentive to work continuously to get this mess sorted out. CPSC wouldn't care either way and will take their sweet time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34