09-19-2016 04:55 AM
198 1234 ...
tools
    Exactly. Rome wasn't built in a day. It will happen. Patience.
    09-02-2016 10:47 PM
    I doubt very seriously unsold phones will be sold. They will repair every device. They uphold quality and safety. This isn't their fault. Unfortunately it can happen and Samsung caught it. I have been a Samsung user well over 20 yrs. And will continue to do so.
    You don't think they will fix them and sell them? I'm going to exchange mine, keeping the note 7 myself, it's a great phone
    09-02-2016 10:48 PM
    No it wasn't but it also wasnt recalled when it was done
    ajb1965 likes this.
    09-02-2016 10:52 PM
    As long as these new replacements are ip68 water resistant in tact, then I don't care.
    09-02-2016 10:57 PM
    No it wasn't but it also wasnt recalled when it was done
    Lmao good point
    09-02-2016 10:58 PM
    As long as these new replacements are ip68 water resistant in tact, then I don't care.
    Surely if they open up the phone to replace the battery it can no longer be water proof.
    09-02-2016 11:10 PM
    You don't think they will fix them and sell them? I'm going to exchange mine, keeping the note 7 myself, it's a great phone
    Did you not read what I said. Unsold phones will also be fixed. They aren't going to neglect that..all devices will be checked out is what I was saying.
    I.love my note as well. Will be holding out for the replacement
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-02-2016 11:13 PM
    Did you not read what I said. Unsold phones will also be fixed. They aren't going to neglect that..all devices will be checked out is what I was saying.
    I.love my note as well. Will be holding out for the replacement
    I skipped over your second sentence, I seen the underlined sentence and completely missed the second one.

09-02-2016 11:17 PM
    Since the defective part is the battery, changing the battery to a non-defective one doesn't make the phone a refurb.
    In the usa, once sold, it cannot be sold as new again, even if the item works fine and customer changed their mind and returned it. It could be sold as open box or whatever.
    09-02-2016 11:22 PM
    I mentioned elsewhere... this issue could create possibly the best buying opportunity to get a phone once this all pssses and production is back to normal with Note 7 v2.0 and rest of line. Hoping we'll start seeing the N7 heavily discounted heading into holidays.
    benjamminh, debdroid1a and SarahGN like this.
    09-03-2016 07:32 AM
    Nah, they'll probably hold on to them for several months, to stop the price from dropping.
    09-03-2016 07:38 AM
    Apple is about to suck out all the air in the room next week with the 7 announcement next week and launch at end of month heading into the holiday season. Samsung will have to do something to salvage any targets they had for the Note 7 and reaccelerate any momentum. Sales foes down over time, not up. You can't be holding onto anything for "several months." Otherwise you'll end up cutting your losses and doing fire sales. Pun intended.

To a buyer on the fence it's great. I'm looking for at least $100 knock off."

Nah, they'll probably hold on to them for several months, to stop the price from dropping.
    lsmith9523 likes this.
    09-03-2016 07:53 AM
    Cool, hope to get a deal !
    09-03-2016 07:56 AM
    I bet they wish they would have made a removeable battery now ! LOL
    This would have been bad for several customers like me. I send back the battery and have no phone to use because there aren't any good batteries for these phones yet. Right now you can return the phone and get another one.

Although it would have been easier for Samsung and cheaper. Maybe that will make then rethink this. Money speaks to companies like that.

Except of course the exploded phones that are entirely unusable. Removable battery or not wouldn't matter.

Back on topic, since I had problems pre-ordering and other things came up, maybe a good deal on the refurbished note 7 will benefit me. I still want one even though curved screens aren't my favorite idea.
    09-03-2016 08:11 AM
    Cool, hope to get a deal !
    Yes I am hoping they will, at least, lower pricing to match apples base iPhone 7 plus pricing. So we will see what that is. Then probably try to undercut it to go against their momentum.

I'm hoping that also translates into their business account pricing.

Because currently before explosion-gate, business pricing on a new Note 7 was $600. To give an idea how popular and strong pricing was... Through business account, I can still get an iPhone 6 for $99, the 6s at $199 and we just got a 32gb 6 plus for a user for $399 which I consider the Note equivalent... Note $200 over the iPhone equivalent.

I am hoping that ATT will eventually lower the Note 7 to that price. I expect them to lower in some way. Even a $100 then I'll go for it. Otherwise I'll probably go with an iPhone 7 at Business pricing and see what the Note 8 looks like in 12 months.
    09-03-2016 08:43 AM
    I doubt very seriously unsold phones will be sold. They will repair every device. They uphold quality and safety. This isn't their fault. Unfortunately it can happen and Samsung caught it. I have been a Samsung user well over 20 yrs. And will continue to do so.
    Samsung caught it? I thought those people whose phones blew up caught it.
    09-03-2016 09:17 AM
    Amen!
    09-03-2016 09:37 AM
    In Canada, I know the refurbs will be offered to the carriers (for warranty purposes) and to insurance companies, like Assurion. My carrier never sell newly released phones that are refurbished. They only sell opened boxed ones.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-03-2016 10:12 AM
    Apple is about to suck out all the air in the room next week with the 7 announcement next week and launch at end of month heading into the holiday season. Samsung will have to do something to salvage any targets they had for the Note 7 and reaccelerate any momentum. Sales foes down over time, not up. You can't be holding onto anything for "several months." Otherwise you'll end up cutting your losses and doing fire sales. Pun intended.

To a buyer on the fence it's great. I'm looking for at least $100 knock off."
    I'd have thought they'd trickle it in to stop the price falling like mad. But maybe you're right, and instead they would use aggressive pricing to steal as many iPhone users as they can.
    09-03-2016 10:20 AM
    Just visited my Sprint store. The were told that replacement Note 7s would be available in one week.
    09-03-2016 10:58 AM
    Just visited my Sprint store. The were told that replacement Note 7s would be available in one week.
    That's the party line across the board. Seeing is believing. I know they'll be fast, so I'm not worried, but expecting more like a two-week wait here and I'm right by Sammy across the sea... Still it is shipping to Sprint, not me, and Sprint has to do their thing with them when the come in. This is a logistical nightmare for all businesses involved. Consumers aren't sitting pretty either. Still, I like how it's being handled and the overall response in the US.
    09-03-2016 11:04 AM
    I am sure we are not going to see any refurbished Note7 until the launch of the Note8. Think about it, they would sink themselves. People would stop buying new phones and wait for refurbs. They are most likely going to repair the unsold units and sell them as new. I personally do not see any problem here as they are being repaired by Samsung. I think they are now receiving back the unsold units, while building new, problem-free units which will come to the shelves. They are going to open, repair and resell the returned units in the later weekes/months.
    09-03-2016 11:34 AM
    Doesn't this whole thing hurt the resale value of the note 7... A year from now, those in the know are going to be concerned with buying a used note that has a (potential) bum battery. There's no way of knowing what is the old batch vs new. This whole thing has really boned the note 7. What a mess.
    It has killed resale value imo. I mentioned in another thread I would like another Note 7 but need a lower price.
    09-03-2016 12:24 PM
    It has killed resale value imo. I mentioned in another thread I would like another Note 7 but need a lower price.
    There are currently Zero Note 7's available for sale in retail channels. There is no way to know what will happen with all the returned phones but there is no way Samsung is going to cannibalize new device sales by saturating the market with refurbs.
    09-03-2016 12:28 PM
    There are currently Zero Note 7's available for sale in retail channels. There is no way to know what will happen with all the returned phones but there is no way Samsung is going to cannibalize new device sales by saturating the market with refurbs.
    Not right away but you're not suggesting they will simply trash them are you? If they hit market on ebay in 12 months our resale value plummits
    09-03-2016 12:40 PM
198 1234 ...