Will Samsung soon have 2.5 million refurbished N7s for sale?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
They don't have to! Safety circuits should (and normally do) protect battery from over charge, undercharge, over voltage, under voltage, over current, over heating, even short circuiting. Safety measure should prevent explosions even with wrong cord. I connect my phone to car battery using VZW supplied cable. It doesn't explode.

To be honest I believe they will with proper battery, hardware, and software and this discussion will be moot. I used a connector and generic wallwart and cable uneventfully in my N7. I suspect I did not get the one with the bad battery.

They all so that. They all have the safety measures.

A TV does not have the safety measures to not explode of I hook it up to a car battery not does that battery have the safety measures to not explode.

This is not a C charge ir Samsung issue.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
They don't have to! Safety circuits should (and normally do) protect battery from over charge, undercharge, over voltage, under voltage, over current, over heating, even short circuiting. Safety measure should prevent explosions even with wrong cord. I connect my phone to car battery using VZW supplied cable. It doesn't explode.

To be honest I believe they will with proper battery, hardware, and software and this discussion will be moot. I used a connector and generic wallwart and cable uneventfully in my N7. I suspect I did not get the one with the bad battery.
Wait.. You have no idea about the battery. The bad battery has zero to do with a cheap charger.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
They all so that. They all have the safety measures.

A TV does not have the safety measures to not explode of I hook it up to a car battery not does that battery have the safety measures to not explode.

This is not a C charge ir Samsung issue.
It is if explosions are more common with usb c used with adapters. I doubt they will be. This was and usuallybis a battery problem.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
No they don't. IPhones have blown up.
I said most. Few iphones blow. When they do it may still be a cheap replacement mall battery or like Sammy a bad batch of batteries. Poorly built lithium batteries are time bombs no matter what you do. Using the right hardware won't help.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I said most. Few iphones blow. When they do it may still be a cheap replacement mall battery or like Sammy a bad batch of batteries. Poorly built lithium batteries are time bombs no matter what you do. Using the right hardware won't help.
Maybe you need to start a consulting company about this. The experts have been very clear about the cheap cables that don't meet industry standards.

Some one using the wrong voltage on any item, can blow up. A company can't stop stop people from doing something.

I can put my mom's phone on my fast charge and if I do that, I could blow the battery.

I don't do that, she doesn't have a fast charge battery and I only use the correct charger.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
That wasn't the problem with the iPhones that blew.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure I am adequately expressing what good battery protection circuitry should and can do but we have gone WAY OT and should stick to the issue of the topic.

Will a ton of N7 refurbs show up in the market in the next year or two?

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure I am adequately expressing what good battery protection circuitry should and can do but we have gone WAY OT and should stick to the issue of the topic.

Will a ton of N7 refurbs show up in the market in the next year or two?
Samsung is still forecasting to sell 12 million N7's this year so I would guess in a year or two, there will be a lot of refurbs. But pre-recall serial numbers will not show up.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Samsung is still forecasting to sell 12 million N7's this year so I would guess in a year or two, there will be a lot of refurbs. But pre-recall serial numbers will not show up.
So what will be the fate of recalled devices and the parts they are made of?

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
So what will be the fate of recalled devices and the parts they are made of?

I'm not even sure if Samsung has an answer to that. They could just put em all in a warehouse somewhere for now until they decide what's the best course of action.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm not even sure if Samsung has an answer to that. They could just put em all in a warehouse somewhere for now until they decide what's the best course of action.
They probably will.. But if a bunch of refurbs hit ebay in 18 mos we'll know.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I still expect recycle for the ones that are used and probably use the parts of ones not used in other phones.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
And this is the crux of it. Will they recycle a million phones that are perfectly good - just need nee batteries?
I believe they will. I think the risk for outweigh recouping any money. Scrap and recycle it, most of the material is bought for top dollar.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
We'll see. I suspect op nailed it. Lots of refurbs. At least now Asurion won't have to pawn off S7e as acceptable replacement.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
If Samsung does that, then they won't be smart business wise at all. I don't think they want another chance with a problem Note 7 and many people wouldn't take it as a replacement.

If it was made before the date of the new ones, I wouldn't take it either and I trust Samsung to fix them.