Samsung Pay and the Recall...the forgotten detail

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Try to use up any promotional cards that you received when you activated Samsung Pay!! They will not easily transfer from device to device.

Samsung attaches the cards in samsung pay to the actual physical phone. Its a safety feature ("we don't store any of your card information on our servers, so you are not exposed to a hack" or something like that). When you factory restore your device, get a new one, etc, you have to re-add all of your cards. I just had to do a full Clear Data on my samsung pay because it wasn't working... and I lost my $25 promotional card ($20 new note 7 and $5 referral) I had to call samsung pay and have them submit a request to have the card added back to my account. I had to provide them with a bunch of numbers from my email confirmation that I got when I received the rewards.

Might just be easier to use up the value before you turn it in.... or else you will have to call to get it added back.

BTW... I was told it would take 2-3 days to add it back. It has been 2 and so far nothing.

TwitchyPuppy

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Try to use up any promotional cards that you received when you activated Samsung Pay!! They will not easily transfer from device to device.

Samsung attaches the cards in samsung pay to the actual physical phone. Its a safety feature ("we don't store any of your card information on our servers, so you are not exposed to a hack" or something like that). When you factory restore your device, get a new one, etc, you have to re-add all of your cards. I just had to do a full Clear Data on my samsung pay because it wasn't working... and I lost my $25 promotional card ($20 new note 7 and $5 referral) I had to call samsung pay and have them submit a request to have the card added back to my account. I had to provide them with a bunch of numbers from my email confirmation that I got when I received the rewards.

Might just be easier to use up the value before you turn it in.... or else you will have to call to get it added back.

BTW... I was told it would take 2-3 days to add it back. It has been 2 and so far nothing.

Keep us posted!

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I called Samsung pay Monday night because I did FDR and lost my $20 card. Gave them the info they needed and was told 2-3 days, nothing yet.

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I called Samsung pay Monday night because I did FDR and lost my $20 card. Gave them the info they needed and was told 2-3 days, nothing yet.

Exactly. They are currently throwing money at samsung pay. Just added a dunkin donuts offer. I am going to stop using it until I get my new unit (Note 7.1). that way I can preserve my options. You never know maybe their systems will pick up the new Notes and give us $20 again when we use them.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I thought about this as well. My Samsung Pay app got corrupted somehow and I am waiting on my$20 to be replaced. It is getting close to 48 hours since I called. So with everyone turning in their phones it is going to be yet one more mess for Samsung.

crystinonfire

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site

After I reset my phone, it took about 7 days from me calling samsung to them adding it back to my newly reset device. With all the drama going on, I'm guessing that moving forward things are going to take even longer.

crystinonfire

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Exactly. They are currently throwing money at samsung pay. Just added a dunkin donuts offer. I am going to stop using it until I get my new unit (Note 7.1). that way I can preserve my options. You never know maybe their systems will pick up the new Notes and give us $20 again when we use them.

If you use a different chase card it might, but I used the same card again on a newly reset device and i didn't get the $20 gift card again.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site

Excellent point, thank you

james702283

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I never even got my rewards card. I received the email after I made my first purchase saying the card would be added to my wallet and was just given a ref number. Nothing in the app. Emailed and Chatted with Samsung who were unable to help. Called Samsung Pay several times and have been unable to get anyone on the phone. One of the times I was on hold for over an hour. :(

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I never even got my rewards card. I received the email after I made my first purchase saying the card would be added to my wallet and was just given a ref number. Nothing in the app. Emailed and Chatted with Samsung who were unable to help. Called Samsung Pay several times and have been unable to get anyone on the phone. One of the times I was on hold for over an hour. :(

There is a Samsung + app you could download and try using to contact Samsung. You might have better luck.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Good point. Might as well use it.

Quick question... How does it work if you buy something over $20? Does it just take $20 off , then you pay with another source?

antman451

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Good point. Might as well use it.

Quick question... How does it work if you buy something over $20? Does it just take $20 off , then you pay with another source?
Yup, that's how it worked for me. I had a $22 purchase or something. Gift card worked fine; paid the balance with cash.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac