Target Note 7 Recall Thread

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
But what happens if you just return for a refund? I got a $200 trade in giftcard that I applied as a down payment and another $100 giftcard for pre ordering. These giftcard's have been used already. Also what happens if you already got your free gift from Samsung, the gear fit our memory card?

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
But what happens if you just return for a refund? I got a $200 trade in giftcard that I applied as a down payment and another $100 giftcard for pre ordering. These giftcard's have been used already. Also what happens if you already got your free gift from Samsung, the gear fit our memory card?

Good question. I decided not to return. The 200 trade in seems like they can't ask for that back since you gave then a phone. The 100 is more complicated but my guess is they have to eat it.

mozman

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
I believe you get to keep the pre order gift of the SD card or Gear Fit..... From what I've read. I'm guessing here.... But I would guess you get to keep the $200 trade in gift card, because that's a trade in. The $100 GC, I'm less sure about. You would need to ask the target mobile rep about that.... Probably best to speak with the manager of target mobile and not a regular sales rep.

SarahGN

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
But what happens if you just return for a refund? I got a $200 trade in giftcard that I applied as a down payment and another $100 giftcard for pre ordering.
I got the $200 gc for trade in and like you applied it as a downpayment. I was refunded a $200 gc when I returned.

If the $100 gc for preorder was rung up on a separate receipt, it is up to the discretion of the Target rep whether or not to make you return it. Mine did not make me return mine since like you I had spent it.

They have to accept these as returns if you are within the 14 day return period and if you spent the gift cards, the worse they can do is deduct that from what they refund you. My Target rep did not do that.

The Target Mobile reps are not Target employees btw. They work for a company who handles the wireless sales.

SarahGN

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Also what happens if you already got your free gift from Samsung, the gear fit our memory card?
You get to keep it.

I consider the free Gear Fit 2 compensation for my inconvenience and Samsung has to eat that loss.

The Target trade-in gift card is a loss that Target Mobile has to eat since they took my old phone and get to refurbish it and resell it. I had NO INTENTION AT ALL of returning the Note7 when I bought it. I loved it and would have never returned it (although I probably would have done a warranty exchange through Samsung since it did run hot but that is a different issue).

The $100 preorder gift card is issued by Target and they eat that loss if they don't ask for it back. I was not asked for it back.

If Target Mobile or Target have an issue with the $200 + $100 gift cards that they have to eat the loss, then they can take it up with Samsung. I purchased in good faith and loved the phone and would have kept it if it weren't for the recall.

Last edited:

SarahGN

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
he 100 is more complicated but my guess is they have to eat it.
For a regular return not due to a recall, the rep may ask for it back. Due to this recall, I don't think they will. I spent mine and the rep still accepted the return.

Last edited:

SarahGN

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Probably best to speak with the manager of target mobile and not a regular sales rep.
I told my rep I spent mine, he said no problem. It is rung up on a separate receipt. When you return the phone, the Target Mobile rep (who is not a Target employee btw) takes you to customer service where the CSR refunds you your downpayment and tax back in the form you paid. So for instance, if you put $200 trade in gift card down as a downpayment and paid the taxes by credit card, the downpayment is refunded to you as a Target gift card and the taxes are refunded to you by credit card.

The $100 preorder gift card does not appear on the phone purchase receipt and if your Target rep doesn't ask for it back, you get to keep it.

Jaxensmommy

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I work for Target and Target mobile is a outside vendor. They are clueless in my store and I instantly regretted getting my phone there. That being said, the reps at my store are still clueless. As for as the gifted go, make sure it's not getting deducted from your refund if you choose to go that route. I have not personally been on duty for any of the returns, but I have be a feeling I will be this week coming up.
If you are having any trouble, ask someone in red and khaki to speak with the LOD.
Our phones come in via ups after 11am, and they have to go through receiving so they probably won't know they are in the building until the afternoon.
It was a frustrating experience getting mine in the first place. I expect the exchange to be just as stressful.

mozman

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
I just called the target store I got my note 7. Guy was clueless. He kept talking about their standard return policy, wasn't familiar about the particulars of the recall other than knowing that the Note 7 is no longer being sold. He didn't know about loaners in the interim until new Note 7's are available. I'll need to speak with that Target Mobile's manager when he is in.

SarahGN

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
. He didn't know about loaners in the interim until new Note 7's are available.
There are no loaners through Target. None through BB or Verizon either. I think Sprint and AT&T are doing loaners but check with the carrier if you are with them. What carrier are you with?

You can return for a refund if you are within the 14 day return period or hold onto your device until the fixed Note7's are in. If you don't want to use your Note7 and don't have a backup phone, well IMO that is not smart not to have a backup device. I mean what would you do if your phone got stolen or lost? You can buy used phones off of Craig's List.

IHe kept talking about their standard return policy, wasn't familiar about the particulars of the recall other than knowing that the Note 7 is no longer being sold.
Tell him to check his email. However, if you are not within the 14 day return period, you will likely have to wait for them to figure out the procedure next week.

I'll need to speak with that Target Mobile's manager when he is in.
The other thing you can do is go up to the store and have them call ROC (not sure what that stands for) but they are the people who interact with Verizon directly. They may know more.

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
There are no loaners through Target. None through BB or Verizon either. I think Sprint and AT&T are doing loaners but check with the carrier if you are with them. What carrier are you with?

You can return for a refund if you are within the 14 day return period or hold onto your device until the fixed Note7's are in. If you don't want to use your Note7 and don't have a backup phone, well IMO that is not smart not to have a backup device. I mean what would you do if your phone got stolen or lost? You can buy used phones off of Craig's List.

Tell him to check his email. However, if you are not within the 14 day return period, you will likely have to wait for them to figure out the procedure next week.

The other thing you can do is go up to the store and have them call ROC (not sure what that stands for) but they are the people who interact with Verizon directly. They may know more.

I was told they are accepting returns outside of 14 days.

SarahGN

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
They offered to take it back on the spot. I ultimately decided to give it a couple more days but it didn't seem like an issue.

But you are within the 14 day return period correct? There isn't an issue with returning if you are within the 14 day return period.

SarahGN

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Nope. Got mine on launch day. Day 16 ...

Ok then maybe they just need to get a manager approval to override it. My Target guy said the store reps can't do it yet outside of the 14 day return period.

My Target guy urged me to return yesterday since that was the last day of my 14 day return period. He said it would be the quickest/easiest way. So I did. Can't complain with the free GF2 and the gift cards. Now I am waiting for the exchange program to get underway because I am sure that there will be other promos to move these devices given all of the bad PR.

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
Ok then maybe they just need to get a manager approval to override it. My Target guy said the store reps can't do it yet outside of the 14 day return period.

My Target guy urged me to return yesterday since that was the last day of my 14 day return period. He said it would be the quickest/easiest way. So I did. Can't complain with the free GF2 and the gift cards. Now I am waiting for the exchange program to get underway because I am sure that there will be other promos to move these devices given all of the bad PR.

Well I have little confidence that the story will be the same next time I go in there. But imagine the pr nightmare if they deny a return and someone walks out waiting for a replacement and their phone blows up. Cant believe these stores would say no if you push them. Offering a lesser phone is not acceptable to the consumer. I agree what you did was easiest but wo a backup it was a tougher call. This is a good lesson to keep a backup around at all times. I sold off an m7 two weeks ago for 75. Wish I just kept it.

Braswell

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I called and apoke wirh AT&T to get a better understanding. I was told when the Note 7 is re-released i would be able to get another one as long as i stayed in the Samsung family. So i went to the Target where purchased my phone on yesterday. The rep had to call someone for more info. Target is sticking with their policy. You have to exchange the phone within 14 days and you can only do one exchange. I mention to her that I'm not returning it by my choices it because of the recall. Anything out of the 14 days I would need to work with Samsung. I didnt feel that was right. So I'm going to speak with the Target Mobile that's closer to me in distance.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar