Wow. This recall and having to replace the phone is going to cause issues many people haven't thought of yet.

I never transfer everything from phone to phone because of the potential to port/transfer issues to the new phone. Set up Google, pull texts over, set up email accounts, SD card for files, etc. use Helium selectively for the rest that I want.

I still have my Note 4 and it's fine, but.... Holy crap! I can't transfer some of it back and append the info and data! There would be missing info/data when I move to the replacement phone unless I wipe my Note 4 and start it fresh, then go from there.

I can't do that, because I have apps on it that don't/didn't transfer data correctly, even using Helium, so I still use my 4 for those apps (mostly games). There is one that is a cataloguing app, and everything I've done on the 7 won't 'backup' to the 4 unless I go through the setup Google again on the 4. I've already tried uninstalling the app on the 4 and reinstalling several times, cleared the cache, reinstalled, and it still only pulls the data that was on the 4 originally. It won't pull anything I've catalogued on the 7.

My only option is to wait until a new supply comes in to the carrier (AT&T) before I initiate any kind of return/exchange, so I can set up a new phone and the things I want will transfer without the data from this 7 being lost.

OR... see if they will give me an S7 or something in the interim, set up that one, then swap it for the 7 when available. I don't fully trust they would let me swap with no cost/penalty, though. UGH!

I am going to just sit here and cry.
    Well, and drink a beer or 30.

Anyone have a possible solution aside from coming to my house and using Android God skills to make it happen?
    09-03-2016 12:00 AM
    Wow, Helium is usually great for this. If it didn't work for your app, it must really be a tough one. Have you tried other backup apps as well?
    09-03-2016 12:06 AM
    Wow, Helium is usually great for this. If it didn't work for your app, it must really be a tough one. Have you tried other backup apps as well?
    I tried a few last year and then again about 6 months ago trying to move apps from my Note 8 tablet to the 4, and no go on an earlier game of the series. Like you said, Helium is usually great, and is the best, IMO.

I need to suck it up and marry an Android God, I guess...lol The older I get, the further behind I get in tech. I used to be the gal everyone went to for Android as I started with the G1, but now I have to go to Google or Android forums for so much that I feel so totally incompetent. Pfft

I still have my G1, and the teeny tiny Evo and Hero, and several since then. LOL
    dsignori likes this.
    09-03-2016 12:22 AM
    Ha! Sounds like you still know plenty to me actually. :-)

I am assuming the app itself doesn't offer any "backup" or "backup to SD" functionality in itself, right?
    09-03-2016 12:25 AM
    Ha! Sounds like you still know plenty to me actually. :-)

I am assuming the app itself doesn't offer any "backup" or "backup to SD" functionality in itself, right?
    Correct. And I wouldn't care so much except that I've spent many $$$ in several. Never again will I start a game that doesn't offer a backup if they have in-app 'money'. Yeah, lesson definitely learned. Kind of.. ran into this on the Hero and OG Note, but did it again after the Note 8 tablet transfer was meh.
    09-03-2016 12:38 AM
    Correct. And I wouldn't care so much except that I've spent many $$$ in several. Never again will I start a game that doesn't offer a backup if they have in-app 'money'. Yeah, lesson definitely learned. Kind of.. ran into this on the Hero and OG Note, but did it again after the Note 8 tablet transfer was meh.
    Adding.. it's worse now, however, since this will be the first temporary backtrack. All the other times, it was an upgrade and not as bad as this will be. I just keep using the old devices for the ones that didn't work before.
    09-03-2016 12:42 AM
    Adding.. it's worse now, however, since this will be the first temporary backtrack. All the other times, it was an upgrade and not as bad as this will be. I just keep using the old devices for the ones that didn't work before.
    You could try ES explorer....I believe that backs up app data too. I'm looking at a similar situation with my phone this whole thing is a total headache. Last resort you could root and use Titanium backup that does app data for sure.
    09-03-2016 01:25 AM