Wireless fast charger possesses my note 7

miyanc

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
So last night I went to bed and after using the phone until late I was sleepy enough to miss placement on the phone. Or at some point I bumped it off the charger. Well the phone then acts possesses. This is what happened in 5 of my top messenger people.Screenshot_20160903-090528.jpgScreenshot_20160903-090509.jpg

It also hijacks the camera, but didn't take pictures just a light show, screen and camera.

And lastly at 7am it was calling people.

I can recreate it by placing the phone partially on the charger. Not sure if this is a note 7 thing, yootech charger thing, Qi thing or what.

Anyone else see this?( Not the stuff that happened at my house last night that would been very scary, but on your own)?

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
So last night I went to bed and after using the phone until late I was sleepy enough to miss placement on the phone. Or at some point I bumped it off the charger. Well the phone then acts possesses. This is what happened in 5 of my top messenger people.View attachment 238315View attachment 238317

It also hijacks the camera, but didn't take pictures just a light show, screen and camera.

And lastly at 7am it was calling people.

I can recreate it by placing the phone partially on the charger. Not sure if this is a note 7 thing, yootech charger thing, Qi thing or what.

Anyone else see this?( Not the stuff that happened at my house last night that would been very scary, but on your own)?
Very simple solution. Stop using that charger. Use only OEM products from Samsung for charging unless you are 100% positive from previous use with other phones that the charger is safe.

miyanc

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
My question wasn't just about the charger, but seeing you went there, I have asked repeatedly about chargers and the issue seems to be from usb-c third party chargers. I am not 100℅ positive but believe it would be harder to hurt the battery thru wireless charging.

I also believe the Samsung wireless chargers could yield the same result. I am guessing this is a product of the cycling process inherent in the coils used in charging. The fields used to create the power transfer.

Maybe it's the charger.

JoBudden

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
My question wasn't just about the charger, but seeing you went there, I have asked repeatedly about chargers and the issue seems to be from usb-c third party chargers. I am not 100℅ positive but believe it would be harder to hurt the battery thru wireless charging.

I also believe the Samsung wireless chargers could yield the same result. I am guessing this is a product of the cycling process inherent in the coils used in charging. The fields used to create the power transfer.

Maybe it's the charger.

I use the samsung wireless charger. This has never happened to me lol

miyanc

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I understand. This wasn't with it sitting directly on it. It was propped up with only a portion of the phone still on the pad.

miyanc

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Got it to do it again. Took video with my camera. For those of you reading this who are young, a camera is an electronic device that can only take pictures and video. No phone calls or games, texting or Pokemon going.

Now I need to figure a way to get the video off the SD card get it on the line.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton