09-03-2016 04:07 PM
140 1234 ...
tools
    No way man....the phone is WATERPROOF! If there's a minor flame-related inconvenience, just spray it down a bit, like you would a pesky kitten.
    09-03-2016 11:02 AM
    IF you do that - don't return and don't exchange - there will be only BIG, FAT bills arriving. YOU will be the one liable for all damages - yours, your landlord's, your car's, or whatever burns or get caught in the damage blowout. Just sayin'.
    Not necessarily. I have never personally been informed by VZW nor Samsung of the recall. If they haven't contacted you not everyone reads AC.
    09-03-2016 11:06 AM
    I love these posts were people say their phone is been perfect ... The phone has only been out two whole weeks! The long as someone's had the phone is probably two weeks! The majority of people you hope your phone is near perfect... Honeymoon period.

The most you should hear about the first month or so...is about people talking about lag about battery life about getting scratches on their screens... Not 30 phones exploding in the first two weeks of release . I don't know how big the batch of batteries it was a Samsung wanted to Nippet in the bud now before you start to hear numbers in the 300s . Two or three instances reported and it cost them 7 billion and marketcap to their stock. They waited until after trading Friday to announce the recall and soften any further drop in the market coming into next week . Just imagine if they didn't act sooner and you got that 300 number their stock would be Diving .

Two weeks into release and they had a full recall. People say US phones didn't use the battery but Samsung is not confirming that go giving you the ability to be absolutely sure. You really want to take the chance and leave your phone charging in your house unattended. If they're giving you a new phone no hassle and I don't understand why people just can't take it when opportunity arises .

My Verizon Note 7 has been pretty much perfect except the SD card mounting/unmounting problem I discovered yesterday.

If your Note 7 is fine should you still exchange it when the new ones are available?
    09-03-2016 11:07 AM
    Not necessarily. I have never personally been informed by VZW nor Samsung of the recall. If they haven't contacted you not everyone reads AC.
    Clearly you haven't been to either companies news room. Nothing says they have to contact you personally. This is a voluntary recall and not yet mandatory, though I do expect it to go that way. Time will tell. Once the CPSC gets involved then you will be notified. Or when your phone is ready.

I tried to find a Verizon link to what they are doing. I know there's info at the top of the forum. Whatever is there is their official statement and your current notification. I'll see if I can dig it up for you.

Samsung
    Samsung Establishes U.S. Product Exchange Program for Galaxy Note7 - Samsung Newsroom

Verizon - first story has an update discussing it.
    http://www.verizon.com/about/news/me...start-tomorrow
    09-03-2016 11:17 AM
    I'm just saying that is a basis for a suit.
    09-03-2016 11:32 AM
    The National News claimed Samsung would provide new phones to providers in a couple of weeks. If true and I had known before returning mine I may have kept it. Still, I find it hard to believe that Samsung could solve the problems build all new phones in 2 weeks. If there are new phones in 2 weeks any improvement will just be software imo
    This is the biggest wtf moment regarding the whole thing.

I find it incredible that 2 weeks is all it takes to redesign, revalidate & replace all the phones they sold since August 18th.

I don't know what the issue is, but I'm guessing they're simply excluding the vendors with the bad cells and the design is exactly the same. It's the only thing that makes sense. Nothing is being redesigned.
    09-03-2016 11:33 AM
    I'm just saying that is a basis for a suit.
    Then felloffthetruck better wipe his browser history before he turns into hickory smoked bacon.
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    09-03-2016 11:35 AM
    No way man....the phone is WATERPROOF! If there's a minor flame-related inconvenience, just spray it down a bit, like you would a pesky kitten.
    Lol It's water resistant not waterproof.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-03-2016 11:39 AM
    No matter if the replacement is good or not but by not replacing we become liable for any casualties and not Samsung
    09-03-2016 11:39 AM
    Then felloffthetruck better wipe his browser history before he turns into hickory smoked bacon.
    LOL... It's out there now, never to be taken back. Forever lost to the powers of the internet!
    09-03-2016 11:43 AM
    No matter if the replacement is good or not but by not replacing we become liable for any casualties and not Samsung
    Why?
    09-03-2016 11:46 AM
    My Verizon Note 7 has been pretty much perfect except the SD card mounting/unmounting problem I discovered yesterday.

If your Note 7 is fine should you still exchange it when the new ones are available?
    I don't think you have any way of knowing if yours is "fine". Just because it is fine today doesn't mean it won't spontaneously combust tomorrow, next week, next month, or next year.

I know how you feel though. Mine performs great, excellent battery life, and barely gets more than warm - even while charging. I'm almost afraid that I might get one with more " faults" when I exchange. Just hoping for the best.
    benjamminh and rsmin like this.
    09-03-2016 11:47 AM
    Actually liability falls on Verizon and Samsung if they do not email, text, call, or send a letter. Like I said samsung says mine is fine since it has not gotten hot. There whole thing is I can exchange it under this voluntary recall. They have not found the 820 chipped phones bad, just the international version. Maybe the battery is not really the issue here. Maybe the chip is the issue causing the battery to appear faulty.
    recDNA likes this.
    09-03-2016 11:53 AM
    I don't think you have any way of knowing if yours is "fine". Just because it is fine today doesn't mean it won't spontaneously combust tomorrow, next week, next month, or next year.

I know how you feel though. Mine performs great, excellent battery life, and barely gets more than warm - even while charging. I'm almost afraid that I might get one with more " faults" when I exchange. Just hoping for the best.
    See, that's what I'm worried about too. If I stick with the Note 7 what's going to happen? But I love the phone, and nothing at this very minute compares to it for me. I've shopped around last night and today and nothing will make me happy at this point if it's not a Note 7, but on the other hand I don't want another Skynet incident 😂
    09-03-2016 11:55 AM
    Why?
    Because they're telling u the product is faulty and to return it. Once you've been warned, it's pretty much use at your own risk. And there's no saying you didn't know. You're here on the www.
    ShaggyKids likes this.
    09-03-2016 11:55 AM
    Mine is already returned. I'm speaking in generalities.. Most people do not hang out on vzw nor ac. I bet a pretty high percentage have no idea
    09-03-2016 11:57 AM
    I'm just going to get the latest flip phone and be done with it.
    recDNA, tonyr6 and msokad like this.
    09-03-2016 12:00 PM
    Because they're telling u the product is faulty and to return it. Once you've been warned, it's pretty much use at your own risk. And there's no saying you didn't know. You're here on the www.
    No. Replacement or new phones are supposed to be fine. Warning only applies to phones that are not turned in for recall. Even they you are covered if you never receive a letter or email informing you of the recall.
    09-03-2016 12:09 PM
    Ok someone post a U.S. version that has burnt up please. Verizon says turn it in if you want, but they have no idea if Samsung is sending replacements to the Verizon version. Lady I spome with in Tech support said she has hers and ain't giving it up, so wonder why. Rep at the store is still running around with his and said it should have blown up by now. He thinks they are recalling because they want to make sure no bad batteries got to the U.S.
    Preach2k likes this.
    09-03-2016 12:15 PM
    So I went into the att store today to exchange it and pretty much let the sales guy talk me out of it. I didn't really want to get something else, but felt like I probably should take it in. So now I'm second guessing myself. His line of bs included statements like, "you'd be downgrading," and "there's only a really small number of phones that are affected," and "it will be two months before the new Notes are out." he also said Samsung will be sending out something when the new Notes are ready, and letting people exchange them. So just not sure what I should do. Oh, when I mentioned I would only be downgrading until the new Notes are out, he "hadn't heard that." There's no way att can cheap out and give us refurbished Notes, right?
    09-03-2016 12:29 PM
    excellent battery life
    Not yet, but hopeful here. Only had for not quite four full days so lots of setup etc. My N4 battery kicks my N7s battery's butt right now. Still hopeful.
    09-03-2016 12:31 PM
    So I went into the att store today to exchange it and pretty much let the sales guy talk me out of it. I didn't really want to get something else, but felt like I probably should take it in. So now I'm second guessing myself. His line of bs included statements like, "you'd be downgrading," and "there's only a really small number of phones that are affected," and "it will be two months before the new Notes are out." he also said Samsung will be sending out something when the new Notes are ready, and letting people exchange them. So just not sure what I should do. Oh, when I mentioned I would only be downgrading until the new Notes are out, he "hadn't heard that." There's no way att can cheap out and give us refurbished Notes, right?
    That's them trying to save time and money. Sprint will swap out temporarily while we wait if we want, but I'm not interested.
    09-03-2016 12:32 PM
    Said this a lot of times, but yes. You should still exchange it for a new one to be absolutely sure that you're on the safe side.

Battery explosions are no joke. Don't try to assume whether your device is fine or not. Just get it done.

It's going to take time, sure, but it's a minor cost for much better peace-of-mind.
    09-03-2016 12:34 PM
    This is the best android device I have ever owned hands down. Usually an iPhone guy here. I will replace it when they get new ones for sure. But getting rid of it early will never happen. I'm obsessed with it. They will have to pry it from my crispy dead hands!!
    09-03-2016 12:34 PM
    The National News claimed Samsung would provide new phones to providers in a couple of weeks. If true and I had known before returning mine I may have kept it. Still, I find it hard to believe that Samsung could solve the problems build all new phones in 2 weeks. If there are new phones in 2 weeks any improvement will just be software imo
    No..

They build phones, millions of them, mass production. All that is needed is different batteries. There won't be software changes.
    09-03-2016 12:35 PM
140 1234 ...