09-03-2016 04:07 PM
140 12345 ...
tools
    No..

They build phones, millions of them, mass production. All that is needed is different batteries. There won't be software changes.
    Agreed When I wrote that I hadn't heard cause was discovered and guessed it was a charging algorithm. I am surprised they manufacture that fast I must admit. They can build over a million N7 phones a week? Impressive. Must be a lot of jobs in manufacturing in Korea. Makes me sad we don' t build more in USA
    09-03-2016 12:38 PM
    Isn't Samsung sending you the new phone first?
    09-03-2016 12:38 PM
    People.. Samsung is spending millions to do this, stopping release and sales of their flagship device.

This alone should tell you everything you need to know. Samsung is in the business to out out great phones and make a lot of money and have a reputation for a great product.

What they are doing seems very counterproductive to that goal.

If the person that makes the phone tells you, you phone is dangerous enough we are willing to suspend the release and sales of our FLAGSHIP DEVICE and replace your phone.. You should do it, no question.
    09-03-2016 12:39 PM
    Agreed When I wrote that I hadn't heard cause was discovered and guessed it was a charging algorithm. I am surprised they manufacture that fast I must admit. They can build over a million N7 phones a week? Impressive. Must be a lot of jobs in manufacturing in Korea. Makes me sad we don' t build more in USA
    Actually, they have multiple factories. South Korea is just one country where the Note7 is manufactured.

It's also manufactured in China and Vietnam. My Note7, for instance, is made in Vietnam, on the 8th of August.

Apparently, the Foxconn plant in China was able to produce over 500,000 iPhone 5s units in one day at one point. That's insane.
    09-03-2016 12:40 PM
    Sure they can. They manufacturer in 3 countries. It is a matter of putting the new batteries in.

They do this daily, probably 24/7.
    09-03-2016 12:40 PM
    Sure they can. They manufacturer in 3 countries. It is a matter of putting the new batteries in.

They do this daily, probably 24/7.
    That's a lot. Like I said I'm surprised.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    09-03-2016 12:41 PM
    Isn't Samsung sending you the new phone first?
    Are you talking to me?

If so, be really clear please, because I'm not sure what you are trying to say and I do not want to assume.
    09-03-2016 12:41 PM
    People.. Samsung is spending millions to do this, stopping release and sales of their flagship device.

This alone should tell you everything you need to know. Samsung is in the business to out out great phones and make a lot of money and have a reputation for a great product.

What they are doing seems very counterproductive to that goal.

If the person that makes the phone tells you, you phone is dangerous enough we are willing to suspend the release and sales of our FLAGSHIP DEVICE and replace your phone.. You should do it, no question.
    Ultimately, they are doing this to save face. It's more of a PR issue I believe than a question of every GN7 they made being a ticking time bomb. Let's try not to be too paranoid about it. If someone's phone has acted normally with no anomalies, why panic? Sure, exchanging it will be a good idea, but isn't a necessary course of action to save your life.
    09-03-2016 12:42 PM
    I would definitely exchange it regardless. Its better to be safe than sorry.
    09-03-2016 12:43 PM
    Must be a lot of jobs in manufacturing in Korea. They build in China too and maybe other places I don't know.
    Are you talking to me?

If so, be really clear please, because I'm not sure what you are trying to say and I do not want to assume.
    No, I was just asking a general question.
    Ultimately, they are doing this to save face. It's more of a PR issue I believe than a question of every GN7 they made being a ticking time bomb. Let's try not to be too paranoid about it. If someone's phone has acted normally with no anomalies, why panic? Sure, exchanging it will be a good idea, but isn't a necessary course of action to save your life.
    So are you involved in the Samsung investigation?

Samsung never said a phone acting normally is fine.

They said the opposite in fact.

Do you know something Samsung doesn't?
    ShaggyKids likes this.
    09-03-2016 12:45 PM
    To who?
    09-03-2016 12:46 PM
    That wasn't general either, it was specific.

I can try and help you and answer your question, that's why I'm here.
    09-03-2016 12:48 PM
    So are you involved in the Samsung investigation?

Samsung never said a phone acting normally is fine.

They said the opposite in fact.

Do you know something Samsung doesn't?
    Are you?

Many people here have said that they talked to Samsung reps who told them that if their phone is acting fine, then the likelihood of their phone being dangerous is incredibly minuscule.
    jgraves1107 likes this.
    09-03-2016 12:48 PM
    To who?
    To everyone posting in this thread. Because for some reason, there hasn't been a clear answer provided by Samsung.

That's the problem, Samsung hasn't been clear in their intentions, and US carriers have followed suit with vague instructions.
    09-03-2016 12:49 PM
    I need opinions please! I pre ordered , bought note7. It's working perfectly. Barely gets warm when charging. I called Samsung yesterday and today. Yesterday after giving my imei i was told my battery wasn't among those that are defective. When I called today i was told not only were the all batteries being changed but there would be new software installed. I have until the end of the month to turn it in. I asked how long before new notes would be sent, wks, a month? I was told he had no idea bc of the software improvements they were working on. If mine isn't returned for the updated new version id be missing out on many improvements. If I thought it was a matter of wks, even a month, fine. But I don't think the turnaround is going to be a quick one. And if by chance it does burn up later on, tough luck. I guess I just answered my own question. But thoughts would be greatly appreciated ad I DON'T want to give hop my NOTE!!.. Thanks
    09-03-2016 12:55 PM
    I just got this text.

Sprint: Note7 sales suspended due to battery cell issues. Visit Sprint store to return or replace device. http://sprint.us/oiJsK
    09-03-2016 12:59 PM
    Are you?

Many people here have said that they talked to Samsung reps who told them that if their phone is acting fine, then the likelihood of their phone being dangerous is incredibly minuscule.
    That is not what GLOBAL Samsung said.

Again, the actual people that made the phone said the opposite.

If I had a dollar for every Samsung rep that gave me bad info, I would own Samsung.
    09-03-2016 01:00 PM
    To everyone posting in this thread. Because for some reason, there hasn't been a clear answer provided by Samsung.

That's the problem, Samsung hasn't been clear in their intentions, and US carriers have followed suit with vague instructions.
    Samsung has been clear. They are replacing phones and doing that now. Many carriers are taking "reservations". You need to check with your own carrier about how they will handle it.
    09-03-2016 01:01 PM
    I need opinions please! I pre ordered , bought note7. It's working perfectly. Barely gets warm when charging. I called Samsung yesterday and today. Yesterday after giving my imei i was told my battery wasn't among those that are defective. When I called today i was told not only were the all batteries being changed but there would be new software installed. I have until the end of the month to turn it in. I asked how long before new notes would be sent, wks, a month? I was told he had no idea bc of the software improvements they were working on. If mine isn't returned for the updated new version id be missing out on many improvements. If I thought it was a matter of wks, even a month, fine. But I don't think the turnaround is going to be a quick one. And if by chance it does burn up later on, tough luck. I guess I just answered my own question. But thoughts would be greatly appreciated ad I DON'T want to give hop my NOTE!!.. Thanks
    Your Samsung gave you bad info.

Exchange your phone. Samsung Global is exchanging all of them.

http://news.samsung.com/us/2016/09/0...-galaxy-note7/
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-03-2016 01:02 PM
    Samsung has been clear. They are replacing phones and doing that now. Many carriers are taking "reservations". You need to check with your own carrier about how they will handle it.
    All they said is that they were recalling phones.

How can we get new ones? Will they be sent first? How long do we have to wait? Those questions have remain unanswered.
    09-03-2016 01:05 PM
    That being the case you would think that they could put up a searchable list of serial numbers and we could simply check if we have a good phone or a bad phone
    I thought I read over at xda that was going to happen, tried to find that again and googled it but couldn't find any info on that.
    09-03-2016 01:06 PM
    All they said is that they were recalling phones.

How can we get new ones? Will they be sent first? How long do we have to wait? Those questions have remain unanswered.
    Have you talked to your carrier?

Yes, they are replacing already purchased phones now.
    09-03-2016 01:12 PM
    I thought I read over at xda that was going to happen, tried to find that again and googled it but couldn't find any info on that.
    Samsung USA has issued the same recall statement now.

http://news.samsung.com/us/2016/09/0...-galaxy-note7/
    09-03-2016 01:13 PM
140 12345 ...