09-03-2016 04:07 PM
140 ... 23456
tools
    Samsung USA has issued the same recall statement now.

http://news.samsung.com/us/2016/09/0...-galaxy-note7/
    Kelly,

This is what I was referring to.

That being the case you would think that they could put up a searchable list of serial numbers and we could simply check if we have a good phone or a bad phone
    09-03-2016 01:18 PM
    I'm just wondering how we can be sure the phone we are exchanging for is the new and improved model?

I guess it will be a couple of weeks before the stores get the new phones anyhow.
    That is a legit question. Yes the carriers are taking back your Note 7 if you wish, but Samsung says they're doing testing on the phones still. What happens if they find out it was international models that were bad or like it was cheap 3rd party cables which many suspect it is? They might not do anything to the stock already at the warehouse of theirs and you will basically be getting the exact same device then.
    recDNA likes this.
    09-03-2016 01:21 PM
    I'm pretty much upset as well, in works fine and doesn't get hot. But I've been told I should exchange it anyway. So now I'm trying to find a cheap backup phone to use.
    This is what I did. Picked up a Moto G4 Plus.
    09-03-2016 01:25 PM
    That is a legit question. Yes the carriers are taking back your Note 7 if you wish, but Samsung says they're doing testing on the phones still. What happens if they find out it was international models that were bad or like it was cheap 3rd party cables which many suspect it is? They might not do anything to the stock already at the warehouse of theirs and you will basically be getting the exact same device then.
    Because ALL phones have been recalled, that includes phones in distribution channels. Those will not go back to customers.
    Kelly Kearns and Gray Area like this.
    09-03-2016 01:27 PM
    Have you talked to your carrier?

Yes, they are replacing already purchased phones now.
    Yes, my carrier is Verizon. They haven't mentioned anything about replacing GN7s with a new GN7 yet.
    09-03-2016 01:29 PM
    Because ALL phones have been recalled, that includes phones in distribution channels. Those will not go back to customers.
    Not sure what will happen to the phones that have been recalled, but yeah. The units currently owned by consumers and unsold inventory are all being recalled. The replacements are new batches that most likely have tighter QC standards this time around to ensure that the problem is far less likely to occur.
    09-03-2016 01:30 PM
    They are recalling ALL NOTES GLOBALLY. That is worldwide.
    09-03-2016 01:32 PM
    Not sure what will happen to the phones that have been recalled, but yeah. The units currently owned by consumers and unsold inventory are all being recalled. The replacements are new batches that most likely have tighter QC standards this time around to ensure that the problem is far less likely to occur.
    I kind of worry about that. Yes it might have a better battery, but if they're rushing them out super quick to replace our devices I would think there would be a lot more QC issues with other components of the phones. Knowing my luck I'll swap my Note 7 out and I'll get one that has a bad pixel or has a bootloop issues
    09-03-2016 01:33 PM
    I kind of worry about that. Yes it might have a better battery, but if they're rushing them out super quick to replace our devices I would think there would be a lot more QC issues with other components of the phones. Knowing my luck I'll swap my Note 7 out and I'll get one that has a bad pixel or has a bootloop issues
    I'm pretty sure that QC will be tighter this time around.

They usually are during recalls to ensure that the problem isn't going to come back again, or is at least even more unlikely.
    09-03-2016 01:35 PM
    Kelly,

This is what I was referring to.
    Samsung just isn't going to do that. Personally I think the problem is far more reaching than Samsung is saying publicly but that is my hunch.

My granny taught me something years ago.. Actions speak louder than words.

I'm watching Samsung's actions.. They don't just replace all and stop releases and sales, lose tons of money, just to not inconvenience customers.

I don't care if the head of all of Samsung told me my phone wasn't a danger.. I would exchange it.
    rsmin likes this.
    09-03-2016 01:35 PM
    This would be so much easier if the Note 7 featured a removable battery.
    09-03-2016 01:36 PM
    I haven't seen anything from Samsung saying Note 7 owners SHOULD return their Note 7's. As of now it seems like it's more optional. I wish they would be more clear on who needs to turn them in. I want to hold on to mine until the new units come in, but at the same time I don't want to chance it exploding.
    Yes, my carrier is Verizon. They haven't mentioned anything about replacing GN7s with a new GN7 yet.
    Yes they have.
    Are you?

Many people here have said that they talked to Samsung reps who told them that if their phone is acting fine, then the likelihood of their phone being dangerous is incredibly minuscule.
    That's what they told me. I charge this thing at least 3 times a day. They were like ok then I doubt your phone has the issue. They said it is a voluntary recall in the U.S. No one has seen an 820 chipped phone burn up. So with that said why panic? I mean sure if your phone gets hot get it replaced, but quit telling people you know the facts when the carriers are all telling people the same thing. You don't have to give it up.
    Gray Area likes this.
    09-03-2016 01:39 PM
    They are not rushing them.

This is a manufacturing factory, it is what they do.
    09-03-2016 01:40 PM
    This would be so much easier if the Note 7 featured a removable battery.
    Not really.. We would have massive battery recalls and battery shortages.
    debdroid1a likes this.
    09-03-2016 01:41 PM
    Yes they have.
    Do you have a link? I must have missed it.
    09-03-2016 01:43 PM
    Do you have a link? I must have missed it.
    There is a Verizon recall thread in the Note 7 forums.
    09-03-2016 01:43 PM
    Even though it's likely none of the US phones are having issues, IMO I would still replace the phone. Reason why is because of resale and trade in value of a old Note 7 will be basically nothing. So even if you Note has no performance or quality issues, I'd still get a new one anyways. Plus if you scratch the glass or something or dropped it you can get a new device!!

I'm holding onto mine and will swap it out for a new Note 7 most likely, BUT since we have at least until Sept 30th on tmobile I'm going to see what the V20 brings and if it's out later in Sept I will go and swap it out and get the difference put back on my card since it is supposed to be a lot cheaper than the Note 7. I can then use the difference and buy a couple spare batteries and multiple cases.
    09-03-2016 01:47 PM
    Even though it's likely none of the US phones are having issues, IMO I would still replace the phone. Reason why is because of resale and trade in value of a old Note 7 will be basically nothing. So even if you Note has no performance or quality issues, I'd still get a new one anyways. Plus if you scratch the glass or something or dropped it you can get a new device!!

I'm holding onto mine and will swap it out for a new Note 7 most likely, BUT since we have at least until Sept 30th on tmobile I'm going to see what the V20 brings and if it's out later in Sept I will go and swap it out and get the difference put back on my card since it is supposed to be a lot cheaper than the Note 7. I can then use the difference and buy a couple spare batteries and multiple cases.
    Where do you get the idea that none of the US phones are really having an issue?
    09-03-2016 01:48 PM
    That's what they told me. I charge this thing at least 3 times a day. They were like ok then I doubt your phone has the issue. They said it is a voluntary recall in the U.S. No one has seen an 820 chipped phone burn up. So with that said why panic? I mean sure if your phone gets hot get it replaced, but quit telling people you know the facts when the carriers are all telling people the same thing. You don't have to give it up.
    It's a global recall per the company.

Look, my company has phone reps that often give out complete crap info. The company has issued official communications calling for a global recall. You think the phone agents knows more than the people issuing formal communications and calling for a recall? Really?
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    09-03-2016 01:49 PM
    Me too. I just got done swapping the blue coral for a black onyx and I don't want to set up a new phone again. I just don't.
    You swapped it out? I thought you liked the blue after the light hit it
    09-03-2016 01:50 PM
    Where do you get the idea that none of the US phones are really having an issue?
    So far the reports are the international ones having issues.
    09-03-2016 01:51 PM
    So far the reports are the international ones having issues.
    Cnn and cnbc had reports of devices in the US exploding as well. I take that with a grain of salt but there are reports.
    09-03-2016 01:57 PM
    This is the biggest wtf moment regarding the whole thing.

I find it incredible that 2 weeks is all it takes to redesign, revalidate & replace all the phones they sold since August 18th.

I don't know what the issue is, but I'm guessing they're simply excluding the vendors with the bad cells and the design is exactly the same. It's the only thing that makes sense. Nothing is being redesigned.
    Maybe it has been longer. Maybe Samsung knew about this and didn't say a thing tell it got a little more serious. Why say anything if it was just a few phones but they realized it was 35 or more and did the right thing and did a recall. You only knew about it for 2 weeks.
    09-03-2016 02:02 PM
140 ... 23456