If your Note 7 is fine should you still exchange it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
My Verizon Note 7 has been pretty much perfect except the SD card mounting/unmounting problem I discovered yesterday. :-\

If your Note 7 is fine should you still exchange it when the new ones are available?

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
My Verizon Note 7 has been pretty much perfect except the SD card mounting/unmounting problem I discovered yesterday. :-

If your Note 7 is fine should you still exchange it when the new ones are available?
Yes! Absolutely yes! 100% yes! If you don't you will be liable, instead of Samsung, for any bad outcomes. Period.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Yes. It could be completely perfect and I'd still trade it in. Considering taking the out of the box screen protector off until the new ones arrive, if I don't get side tracked by a shiny new pretty.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
The National News claimed Samsung would provide new phones to providers in a couple of weeks. If true and I had known before returning mine I may have kept it. Still, I find it hard to believe that Samsung could solve the problems build all new phones in 2 weeks. If there are new phones in 2 weeks any improvement will just be software imo

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Plus, if you don't and you burst into flames with your phone Samsung is just going to laugh at you. You'd be liable, and kind of crispy, and not the good kind of crispy.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm just not that type to freak out or panic over something like this.

I'm more concerned if I do exchange it the replacement wouldn't be perfect and my OCD will kick in.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I'm just not that type to freak out or panic over something like this

I'm more concerned if I do exchange it the replacement wouldn't be perfect and my OCD will kick in.

Me too. I just got done swapping the blue coral for a black onyx and I don't want to set up a new phone again. I just don't.

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
My Verizon Note 7 has been pretty much perfect except the SD card mounting/unmounting problem I discovered yesterday. :-\

I'm pretty much upset as well, in works fine and doesn't get hot. But I've been told I should exchange it anyway. So now I'm trying to find a cheap backup phone to use.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
The National News claimed Samsung would provide new phones to providers in a couple of weeks. If true and I had known before returning mine I may have kept it. Still, I find it hard to believe that Samsung could solve the problems build all new phones in 2 weeks. If there are new phones in 2 weeks any improvement will just be software imo
The problem is a bad run of battery cells. They've isolated it, fixed it and production continues.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty much upset as well, in works fine and doesn't get hot. But I've been told I should exchange it anyway. So now I'm trying to find a cheap backup phone to use.
Why get a backup phone ? I am going to use my phone until I get the replacement.

shaleem

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I too am not going to panic about this. I will exchange for a new phone, but I'm waiting until AT&T gets new Note 7s.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
The problem is a bad run of battery cells. They've isolated it, fixed it and production continues.
That being the case you would think that they could put up a searchable list of serial numbers and we could simply check if we have a good phone or a bad phone

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Why get a backup phone ? I am going to use my phone until I get the replacement.
That's what I've decided to do. I don't want any of the other phones they were offering me right now.

I'm also waiting to see what happens over the next week too. Especially, given this is a holiday weekend.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Plus, if you don't and you burst into flames with your phone Samsung is just going to laugh at you. You'd be liable, and kind of crispy, and not the good kind of crispy.

If mine blows up I'll just call my local "Ambulance Chasing Lawyer" and wait for the FAT check to arrive. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital