If your Note 7 is fine should you still exchange it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Ultimately, they are doing this to save face. It's more of a PR issue I believe than a question of every GN7 they made being a ticking time bomb. Let's try not to be too paranoid about it. If someone's phone has acted normally with no anomalies, why panic? Sure, exchanging it will be a good idea, but isn't a necessary course of action to save your life.

So are you involved in the Samsung investigation?

Samsung never said a phone acting normally is fine.

They said the opposite in fact.

Do you know something Samsung doesn't?

PraetorianGuard14

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
So are you involved in the Samsung investigation?

Samsung never said a phone acting normally is fine.

They said the opposite in fact.

Do you know something Samsung doesn't?

Are you?

Many people here have said that they talked to Samsung reps who told them that if their phone is acting fine, then the likelihood of their phone being dangerous is incredibly minuscule.

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
I need opinions please! I pre ordered , bought note7. It's working perfectly. Barely gets warm when charging. I called Samsung yesterday and today. Yesterday after giving my imei i was told my battery wasn't among those that are defective. When I called today i was told not only were the all batteries being changed but there would be new software installed. I have until the end of the month to turn it in. I asked how long before new notes would be sent, wks, a month? I was told he had no idea bc of the software improvements they were working on. If mine isn't returned for the updated new version id be missing out on many improvements. If I thought it was a matter of wks, even a month, fine. But I don't think the turnaround is going to be a quick one. And if by chance it does burn up later on, tough luck. I guess I just answered my own question. But thoughts would be greatly appreciated ad I DON'T want to give hop my NOTE!!.. Thanks

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Are you?

Many people here have said that they talked to Samsung reps who told them that if their phone is acting fine, then the likelihood of their phone being dangerous is incredibly minuscule.
That is not what GLOBAL Samsung said.

Again, the actual people that made the phone said the opposite.

If I had a dollar for every Samsung rep that gave me bad info, I would own Samsung.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
To everyone posting in this thread. Because for some reason, there hasn't been a clear answer provided by Samsung.

That's the problem, Samsung hasn't been clear in their intentions, and US carriers have followed suit with vague instructions.
Samsung has been clear. They are replacing phones and doing that now. Many carriers are taking "reservations". You need to check with your own carrier about how they will handle it.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I need opinions please! I pre ordered , bought note7. It's working perfectly. Barely gets warm when charging. I called Samsung yesterday and today. Yesterday after giving my imei i was told my battery wasn't among those that are defective. When I called today i was told not only were the all batteries being changed but there would be new software installed. I have until the end of the month to turn it in. I asked how long before new notes would be sent, wks, a month? I was told he had no idea bc of the software improvements they were working on. If mine isn't returned for the updated new version id be missing out on many improvements. If I thought it was a matter of wks, even a month, fine. But I don't think the turnaround is going to be a quick one. And if by chance it does burn up later on, tough luck. I guess I just answered my own question. But thoughts would be greatly appreciated ad I DON'T want to give hop my NOTE!!.. Thanks
Your Samsung gave you bad info.

Exchange your phone. Samsung Global is exchanging all of them.

http://news.samsung.com/us/2016/09/02/samsung-establishes-u-s-product-exchange-program-galaxy-note7/

Last edited:

PraetorianGuard14

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Samsung has been clear. They are replacing phones and doing that now. Many carriers are taking "reservations". You need to check with your own carrier about how they will handle it.

All they said is that they were recalling phones.

How can we get new ones? Will they be sent first? How long do we have to wait? Those questions have remain unanswered.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
That being the case you would think that they could put up a searchable list of serial numbers and we could simply check if we have a good phone or a bad phone
I thought I read over at xda that was going to happen, tried to find that again and googled it but couldn't find any info on that.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm just wondering how we can be sure the phone we are exchanging for is the new and improved model?

I guess it will be a couple of weeks before the stores get the new phones anyhow.

That is a legit question. Yes the carriers are taking back your Note 7 if you wish, but Samsung says they're doing testing on the phones still. What happens if they find out it was international models that were bad or like it was cheap 3rd party cables which many suspect it is? They might not do anything to the stock already at the warehouse of theirs and you will basically be getting the exact same device then.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
That is a legit question. Yes the carriers are taking back your Note 7 if you wish, but Samsung says they're doing testing on the phones still. What happens if they find out it was international models that were bad or like it was cheap 3rd party cables which many suspect it is? They might not do anything to the stock already at the warehouse of theirs and you will basically be getting the exact same device then.
Because ALL phones have been recalled, that includes phones in distribution channels. Those will not go back to customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37