If your Note 7 is fine should you still exchange it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I dont have samsung production numbers but I know Apple produces 500,000 phones a day. Samsung needs to replace 2.5 million. Thats only 5 days of production to replace every recalled phone. Its really not that unbelievable to think they could already have a million to 2 million remade.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm just not that type to freak out or panic over something like this.

I'm more concerned if I do exchange it the replacement wouldn't be perfect and my OCD will kick in.

That's what I'm concerned with my phone had a shaky start but it's since been great no lag, no problems everything works as it should, battery life is getting better with normal use, I have all my apps, settings and screen set up exactly as I want it. My phone has not even gotten hot except for when I Wireless charge it in my car and I think that's more so because of the sun beaming down on it, while charging. During that time it gets to about 102 degrees, other than that scenario all other indoor charging (wireless or cable) or charging in a car with cable it stays under 90 degrees.

To be safe I'm going to trade mine in but I'm not going to rush it, I'm going to give it a few weeks and then walk into a Sprint store and hopefully just be able to do an exchange when a new batch of note 7s are in stock. I'm not happy about it, because I'm afraid I'm going to get a phone that might have an issue that my current note 7 doesn't have. I guess safety 1st 😑

Last edited:

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
This is the biggest wtf moment regarding the whole thing.

I find it incredible that 2 weeks is all it takes to redesign, revalidate & replace all the phones they sold since August 18th.

I don't know what the issue is, but I'm guessing they're simply excluding the vendors with the bad cells and the design is exactly the same. It's the only thing that makes sense. Nothing is being redesigned.
No redesign. They have to just remake batteries.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Actually liability falls on Verizon and Samsung if they do not email, text, call, or send a letter. Like I said samsung says mine is fine since it has not gotten hot. There whole thing is I can exchange it under this voluntary recall. They have not found the 820 chipped phones bad, just the international version. Maybe the battery is not really the issue here. Maybe the chip is the issue causing the battery to appear faulty.
Actually no.. This is a Voluntary recall, not an official one.

Also it isn't just international ones.

Last edited:

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
See, that's what I'm worried about too. If I stick with the Note 7 what's going to happen? But I love the phone, and nothing at this very minute compares to it for me. I've shopped around last night and today and nothing will make me happy at this point if it's not a Note 7, but on the other hand I don't want another Skynet incident 😂
The new one will be fine.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm just not that type to freak out or panic over something like this.

I'm more concerned if I do exchange it the replacement wouldn't be perfect and my OCD will kick in.

Exactly. People are hyping this up more than it should be. Won't be sending mine in.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
If you ignore a safety recall and your item injures my family.. Who do you think I am suing?
I'm not suing anybody either. I returned mine. My point was many buyers have never personally been informed of a recall. If injured by phone used properly they might have a case. I'm not litigious. I wouldn't sue them no matter what.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Ok someone post a U.S. version that has burnt up please. Verizon says turn it in if you want, but they have no idea if Samsung is sending replacements to the Verizon version. Lady I spome with in Tech support said she has hers and ain't giving it up, so wonder why. Rep at the store is still running around with his and said it should have blown up by now. He thinks they are recalling because they want to make sure no bad batteries got to the U.S.
Look the people that make buckets of money off making this phone and selling it, are bleeding money by replacing it, saying turn it in, stopping releases in several countries and is doing a worldwide recall.

Your Verizon rep is gonna keep rocking it.

I think we know who is the most informed on this.

Why do you think Samsung would do this if they could figure out which ones are safe? They are very smart in business. This wouldn't make business sense if they could pick the exact affected ones.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Exactly. People are hyping this up more than it should be. Won't be sending mine in.
As long as you never sell it thats your choice. If you do ever sell it though you just violated a federal law and if the buyer finds out they can very easily cause you more headache than a recall will. Basically if you keep it your phone holds 0 value.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm not suing anybody either. I returned mine. My point was many buyers have never personally been informed of a recall. If injured by phone used properly they might have a case. I'm not litigious. I wouldn't sue them no matter what.

They will be informed, trust me. Carriers will start informing.

If someone intentionally ignored a recall and injured or killed my family because they ignored a recall.. I would sue them to kingdom come if I couldn't get them criminally.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
As long as you never sell it thats your choice. If you do ever sell it though you just violated a federal law and if the buyer finds out they can very easily cause you more headache than a recall will. Basically if you keep it your phone holds 0 value.
And as long as he is never using it somewhere that it explodes and hurts my family.

Imagine being on a plane with a dangerous Note 7..

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
And as long as he is never using it somewhere that it explodes and hurts my family.

Imagine being on a plane with a dangerous Note 7..
Ill admit Im not that worried about the issue but I do agree it needs to be exchanged. Anyone who chooses not to better understand the liability they are accepting by keeping it. I know if someone sold me a recalled item Id make their life hell.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Actually liability falls on Verizon and Samsung if they do not email, text, call, or send a letter. Like I said samsung says mine is fine since it has not gotten hot. There whole thing is I can exchange it under this voluntary recall. They have not found the 820 chipped phones bad, just the international version. Maybe the battery is not really the issue here. Maybe the chip is the issue causing the battery to appear faulty.
One more thing. Samsung does not say yours is fine, neither Samsung Global or Samsung USA.

http://news.samsung.com/us/2016/09/02/samsung-establishes-u-s-product-exchange-program-galaxy-note7/

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
That's what they told me. I charge this thing at least 3 times a day. They were like ok then I doubt your phone has the issue. They said it is a voluntary recall in the U.S. No one has seen an 820 chipped phone burn up. So with that said why panic? I mean sure if your phone gets hot get it replaced, but quit telling people you know the facts when the carriers are all telling people the same thing. You don't have to give it up.
Samsung never ever said your phone getting hot was a symptom. Also it isn't just while charging. It is the battery, not charging.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Ill admit Im not that worried about the issue but I do agree it needs to be exchanged. Anyone who chooses not to better understand the liability they are accepting by keeping it. I know if someone sold me a recalled item Id make their life hell.
I believe the issue is greater than Samsung is saying. Now they are admitting 1 million phones at risk. I'm guessing because the bad ones match those lot numbers of battery cells. They evidently have reason to suspect all battery cell lots could be bad.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I believe the issue is greater than Samsung is saying. Now they are admitting 1 million phones at risk. I'm guessing because the bad ones match those lot numbers of battery cells. They evidently have reason to suspect all battery cell lots could be bad.
Well it wouldnt be the first time good ole sammy withheld information so you may be right.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Well it wouldnt be the first time good ole sammy withheld information so you may be right.
I mean you know how upset I am with Samsung right now, but tbf.. I don't think any company doing any recall really tells the extent, especially a voluntary recall where the government isn't involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma