09-03-2016 04:07 PM
140 123 ...
tools
    My Verizon Note 7 has been pretty much perfect except the SD card mounting/unmounting problem I discovered yesterday.

If your Note 7 is fine should you still exchange it when the new ones are available?
    09-03-2016 09:37 AM
    My Verizon Note 7 has been pretty much perfect except the SD card mounting/unmounting problem I discovered yesterday. :-

If your Note 7 is fine should you still exchange it when the new ones are available?
    Yes! Absolutely yes! 100% yes! If you don't you will be liable, instead of Samsung, for any bad outcomes. Period.
    debdroid1a and badMojo69 like this.
    09-03-2016 09:38 AM
    Yes. It could be completely perfect and I'd still trade it in. Considering taking the out of the box screen protector off until the new ones arrive, if I don't get side tracked by a shiny new pretty.
    09-03-2016 09:38 AM
    The National News claimed Samsung would provide new phones to providers in a couple of weeks. If true and I had known before returning mine I may have kept it. Still, I find it hard to believe that Samsung could solve the problems build all new phones in 2 weeks. If there are new phones in 2 weeks any improvement will just be software imo
    akin_t likes this.
    09-03-2016 09:40 AM
    Yes! Mine is fine. No issues. I am returning mine for an new one. Just to have peace of mind.
    09-03-2016 09:41 AM
    Plus, if you don't and you burst into flames with your phone Samsung is just going to laugh at you. You'd be liable, and kind of crispy, and not the good kind of crispy.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-03-2016 09:46 AM
    I'm just not that type to freak out or panic over something like this.

I'm more concerned if I do exchange it the replacement wouldn't be perfect and my OCD will kick in.
    frope01, Jona005, French and 4 others like this.
    09-03-2016 09:47 AM
    I'm just not that type to freak out or panic over something like this

I'm more concerned if I do exchange it the replacement wouldn't be perfect and my OCD will kick in.
    Me too. I just got done swapping the blue coral for a black onyx and I don't want to set up a new phone again. I just don't.
    09-03-2016 09:50 AM
    My Verizon Note 7 has been pretty much perfect except the SD card mounting/unmounting problem I discovered yesterday.

I'm pretty much upset as well, in works fine and doesn't get hot. But I've been told I should exchange it anyway. So now I'm trying to find a cheap backup phone to use.
    09-03-2016 09:59 AM
    The National News claimed Samsung would provide new phones to providers in a couple of weeks. If true and I had known before returning mine I may have kept it. Still, I find it hard to believe that Samsung could solve the problems build all new phones in 2 weeks. If there are new phones in 2 weeks any improvement will just be software imo
    The problem is a bad run of battery cells. They've isolated it, fixed it and production continues.
    09-03-2016 10:04 AM
    I'm pretty much upset as well, in works fine and doesn't get hot. But I've been told I should exchange it anyway. So now I'm trying to find a cheap backup phone to use.
    Why get a backup phone ? I am going to use my phone until I get the replacement.
    09-03-2016 10:04 AM
    Giving it back and go LG V20

It's better anyway and shipping with Android Nougat
    recDNA likes this.
    09-03-2016 10:05 AM
    Why get a backup phone ? I am going to use my phone until I get the replacement.
    Wondering the same. If you're being careful with it, and not BBQing steaks on it I think you're good to wait until the new stock arrives.
    I too am not going to panic about this. I will exchange for a new phone, but I'm waiting until AT&T gets new Note 7s.
    Marcjcd likes this.
    Well I was told by Samsung that if I had it before launch with no heat issues then mine probably doesn't have the bad battery.
    09-03-2016 10:06 AM
    The problem is a bad run of battery cells. They've isolated it, fixed it and production continues.
    That being the case you would think that they could put up a searchable list of serial numbers and we could simply check if we have a good phone or a bad phone
    09-03-2016 10:06 AM
    Plus, if you don't and you burst into flames with your phone Samsung is just going to laugh at you. You'd be liable, and kind of crispy, and not the good kind of crispy.
    Extra Tasty Crispy
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-03-2016 10:09 AM
    That's what I've decided to do. I don't want any of the other phones they were offering me right now.

I'm also waiting to see what happens over the next week too. Especially, given this is a holiday weekend.
    09-03-2016 10:12 AM
    If mine blows up I'll just call my local "Ambulance Chasing Lawyer" and wait for the FAT check to arrive.
    09-03-2016 10:14 AM
    If mine blows up I'll just call my local "Ambulance Chasing Lawyer" and wait for the FAT check to arrive.
    I don't want you to blow up. Exchange the damn phone!
    09-03-2016 10:15 AM
    I too am not going to panic about this. I will exchange for a new phone, but I'm waiting until AT&T gets new Note 7s.
    EXACTLY what Im going to do. I will exchange my Note 7 for another Note 7 ONLY. I will wait until they have new replacement models and exchange then. In the meantime my phone hasn't had any issues since i received it Thursday before release and I will continue to use it
    09-03-2016 10:39 AM
    I'm just wondering how we can be sure the phone we are exchanging for is the new and improved model?

I guess it will be a couple of weeks before the stores get the new phones anyhow.
    09-03-2016 10:41 AM
    I'm just wondering how we can be sure the phone we are exchanging for is the new and improved model?

I guess it will be a couple of weeks before the stores get the new phones anyhow.
    Because the carriers are returning all their stock.
    09-03-2016 10:42 AM
    ROFL!
    09-03-2016 10:52 AM
    IF you do that - don't return and don't exchange - there will be only BIG, FAT bills arriving. YOU will be the one liable for all damages - yours, your landlord's, your car's, or whatever burns or get caught in the damage blowout. Just sayin'.
    09-03-2016 10:55 AM
140 123 ...