09-03-2016 02:41 PM
29 12
    Okay, I thought I'd let everyone know for the millionth time before Jerry Hildenbrand finally brings down the ultimate roasting oven.

I don't care if your Note7 is "fine" or "doesn't overheat" or "going to only use first-party cables".

This is a SAFETY-related recall. Samsung is not forcing you to turn it in, but I highly recommend that you do so anyway.

Please don't try to assume how "serious" a recall is, nor whether your device is fine or not. If a manufacturer announces a recall, please pay very close attention to it and contact your retailer/carrier to see what options are available and which one you'd ought to have, whether it's a refund, a loaner or a replacement.

Don't try to downplay the issue. Get it sorted!
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-03-2016 12:19 PM
    There have been several people that took issue with my comment, "this is the same moron that... ". I'm going to agree that I don't know Flossy Carter and don't know how intelligent he is or isn't. From the comments dropped in the forums, it does seem that he is acting duplicitous, immoral and unethically given his position as an internet journalist - however that doesn't necessarily mean that he is doing so ignorantly. So I'll grant that the moron characterization is premature, while the rest of the points characterizing the behavior will stand.
    09-03-2016 12:26 PM
    And with that, I think we're done here.
    09-03-2016 12:29 PM
    Then some got extremely lucky. I just was going from logic. I'm still not going to intentionally damage or go naked because who cares, lol.
    Sure if you can prove it was intentional vs accidental damage...

Sure Samsung can deny repairs on a cracked screen but if it later explodes and causes a fire or bodily injury and the cause of the explosion is the defective battery that Samsung knew about... Then that would put Samsung on the spot.

They can just replace the defective battery and send the phone back with the cracked screen, but not honoring the recall due to a cracked screen is putting them at risk
    09-03-2016 02:41 PM
29 12