Recall: Second Chance if you Chipped, Damaged, Scratched your Note 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I have issue that Flossy is telling people to ignore a safety recall but return it for damage.

Sure cracked screen people lucked out. Someone telling people to ignore a safety recall isn't someone I would help at all, not a view, not a click.

OMG go watch the video and listen to it this time. He said if you're worried about the phone just charge it in the morning when you get up. What the heck is so bad about saying that? You people need to just stop coming down on someone for having an opinion that is different than yours.

It's really insulting that you all think people are so stupid that they wont be able to make up their own mine how they want to deal with this situation.
I'm pretty sure that most people who can afford to buy this phone are smart enough to figure out how they want to deal with it.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm still rocking the factory clear plastic protector on mine. :p
Have the Bodyguardz HD and Samsung OEM protectors that I better hold now for the new phone.

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
He's not a member of the forums, as is famously said, "it is no insult to say a dead man is dead". If you think that's going too far, I can argue his immorality without labels, so that's no problem. Deciding that he is not a moron would actually have a worse impact on his character, because that would mean that he is knowingly corrupt rather than accidentally. But that said, someone who doesn't know that their professional responsibility should cause them to not endanger those who follow their platform - I guess I don't have any positive terms that could describe such a person. Unethical is just the obvious one, but there's something truly despicable about this person. Cheers though, glad you like him.

Wow okay...I'm done. You win. Hope you feel good about putting other people down.
For what it's worth to anyone reading this I'm going to keep using my phone and take FCs advice and just plug it up in the morning when I get up and use it until the replacements are in. Then I'll go in and do an exchange. I will however be keeping a case on it, because the last thing I want to do is drop it and have it shatter and then get the run around when I do try and make the exchange.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
OMG go watch the video and listen to it this time. He said if you're worried about the phone just charge it in the morning when you get up. What the heck is so bad about saying that? You people need to just stop coming down on someone for having an opinion that is different than yours.

It's really insulting that you all think people are so stupid that they wont be able to make up their own mine how they want to deal with this situation.
I'm pretty sure that most people who can afford to buy this phone are smart enough to figure out how they want to deal with it.

The problem? Phones are not just exploding while charging. He should know this.

Samsung has not said only charge your phones..whatever. He is giving advice concerning a dangerous situation that came from his head. He doesn't even know the exact issues with batteries, no one does. The problem is the battery, not the charger.

How can he tell people that is a safe thing to do?

So I came down on his opinion, you came down on my opinion and told me not to come down on others opinions..

I think the issue here is that people are not understanding what Samsung is doing and what they are doing is telling us how important this is. This type recall has never happened with cell phones.

They are stopping new releases of their flagship device. They are stopping sales of their flagship device.

This is costing them a fortune.

Samsung is in business to make a lot of money on this flagship device.

The actions of Samsung alone on this, without a word spoken, should speak volumes to everyone.

Had a great day!

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Wow okay...I'm done. You win. Hope you feel good about putting other people down.

Really not clear on what you mean by this. I'm not putting anyone down other than calling out the duplicity of a person who has apparently has a journalistic platform and is telling people to endanger themselves while at the same time advocating his own exchange due to the financial reward of replacing a device he damaged. This isn't a matter of, "oh, well I think this and you think that". This is a matter of a person violating the trust of their position. His responsibility is to advocate for the right thing, even if he personally feels it isn't necessary.

It is incredibly obvious that the statistical likelihood of any one individual having the right combination of a bad device + whatever other factors lead to the meltdown is very small and that means the risk level is very low. But that statistical unlikelihood means absolutely nothing to the next 25 devices that burn or explode or whatever and the stats mean even less to those who can have other property or persons injured because they were told not to worry about it.

Flossy Carter is acting immorally when he is unethically diminishing the risk rather than advocating the free mitigation or elimination of risk out of one side of his mouth while at the same time taking advantage of the recall because it is financially advantageous to do so.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Okay, I thought I'd let everyone know for the millionth time before Jerry Hildenbrand finally brings down the ultimate roasting oven.

I don't care if your Note7 is "fine" or "doesn't overheat" or "going to only use first-party cables".

This is a SAFETY-related recall. Samsung is not forcing you to turn it in, but I highly recommend that you do so anyway.

Please don't try to assume how "serious" a recall is, nor whether your device is fine or not. If a manufacturer announces a recall, please pay very close attention to it and contact your retailer/carrier to see what options are available and which one you'd ought to have, whether it's a refund, a loaner or a replacement.

Don't try to downplay the issue. Get it sorted!

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
There have been several people that took issue with my comment, "this is the same moron that... ". I'm going to agree that I don't know Flossy Carter and don't know how intelligent he is or isn't. From the comments dropped in the forums, it does seem that he is acting duplicitous, immoral and unethically given his position as an internet journalist - however that doesn't necessarily mean that he is doing so ignorantly. So I'll grant that the moron characterization is premature, while the rest of the points characterizing the behavior will stand.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Then some got extremely lucky. I just was going from logic. I'm still not going to intentionally damage or go naked because who cares, lol.
Sure if you can prove it was intentional vs accidental damage...

Sure Samsung can deny repairs on a cracked screen but if it later explodes and causes a fire or bodily injury and the cause of the explosion is the defective battery that Samsung knew about... Then that would put Samsung on the spot.

They can just replace the defective battery and send the phone back with the cracked screen, but not honoring the recall due to a cracked screen is putting them at risk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon