Recall: Second Chance if you Chipped, Damaged, Scratched your Note 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Did you somehow damage your Note 7? Who here is getting a second chance because of this recall?

I was watching Flossy's video, he mentioned that he can take advantage of the recall since one of his Note 7 got scratched on the back. LOL

You can pretty much use it naked right? They will have to exchange it regardless?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
This is the same moron that's telling everyone not to worry about replacing the device because they're not worried. Never heard of him before yesterday, now it seems like everyone's listening to his bad advice. So here's a bit of logic. If a person tells you that it is fine to ignore your own safety until it becomes convenient for them to suddenly reverse course and take the action they advised you against due to an unforeseen advantage that mitigates their personal previous recklessness... that person is a bad person.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Well, I'd say every single Note7 owner should take advantage of the recall since every single one is in the recall list.

Don't try to guess how serious a problem is or whether you should do it or not.

Recalls are issued mainly due to potentially severe safety flaws. Don't take any recall lightly. Get it sorted.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm not going to take the chance. This isn't like a car recall where they just fix the part. You go in with a cracked screen you may or may not get away with it. You might have to pay for the damage repair or maybe have to send yours in so they can just replace the battery and send it back to you.

I am not going to take that chance.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm not going to take the chance. This isn't like a car recall where they just fix the part. You go in with a cracked screen you may or may not get away with it. You might have to pay for the damage repair or maybe have to send yours in so they can just replace the battery and send it back to you.

I am not going to take that chance.
Samsung has said that a cracked screen is ok do long as it is fully functional.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Did you somehow damage your Note 7? Who here is getting a second chance because of this recall?

I was watching Flossy's video, he mentioned that he can take advantage of the recall since one of his Note 7 got scratched on the back. LOL

You can pretty much use it naked right? They will have to exchange it regardless?
It has to be fully functional. If it is cracked to the point that touch screen isn't working, then they might deny it

miyanc

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I said this already in a different way. I still had the stock screen protector on and a couple of different cases. Since they issued the recall I am rocking it naked. Figured if it gets messed up, I am pulling the trigger on a new one. Battery issues aside this is the best phone on the market today. Not sure about the soon to be released Google/Nexus, v20 and I wouldn't ever consider an apple product. I hope the Google/Nexus is lightyears ahead of the 10. Other then the speakers I don't see anything special. Rumors are the v20 will have good audio, they have a comparable camera line to Samsung but worse ui. I also had a voluntary recall type issue with my g4. The motherboard was toast from day 1, overheating and battery drain but no failure until after a year. They did replace it for me, so like Samsung they did something.

So naked until new I say.

Torm558

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
This is the same moron that's telling everyone not to worry about replacing the device because they're not worried. Never heard of him before yesterday, now it seems like everyone's listening to his bad advice. So here's a bit of logic. If a person tells you that it is fine to ignore your own safety until it becomes convenient for them to suddenly reverse course and take the action they advised you against due to an unforeseen advantage that mitigates their personal previous recklessness... that person is a bad person.

You've apparently been living under a rock for awhile... He's a very popular and highly regarded reviewer. Doesn't take free phones to give nice reviews he gives honest and detailed reviews. Seen his note 7 review? Over an hour long

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
You've apparently been living under a rock for awhile... He's a very popular and highly regarded reviewer. Doesn't take free phones to give nice reviews he gives honest and detailed reviews. Seen his note 7 review? Over an hour long

No I haven't seen it; I have only heard this guy's name in two threads, both of which show him to be immoral and lacking journalistic responsibility - so I'm absolutely not going to patronize him. There are lots of popular people that are both stupid and immoral. Not really sure this person needs any distinction other than that.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I watched some of Flossy's videos for a bit. I do like them, but I don't agree with him on this one.

You should be concerned about the recall and you should absolutely replace your device with a new one as soon as it is available.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I have issue that Flossy is telling people to ignore a safety recall but return it for damage.

Sure cracked screen people lucked out. Someone telling people to ignore a safety recall isn't someone I would help at all, not a view, not a click.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I have issue that Flossy is telling people to ignore a safety recall but return it for damage.

Sure cracked screen people lucked out. Someone telling people to ignore a safety recall isn't someone I would help at all, not a view, not a click.

Right; he could be the world's best reviewer and it wouldn't matter because he's unethical and unprofessional. The guy is just a jerk. Surprised to see so many people supporting his idiocy.

chriskwarren

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
I'll go a step further and say that those ignoring the recall are putting other people at risk too. Phones catching fire are dangerous to anyone who associates with Note 7 owners with affected devices. People who share a home, a plane trip, etc. are at an additional risk, even if that risk is minimal. We take risks every time we leave our homes, drive a car, etc. But knowingly adding risk needlessly is reckless.

Get your phones replaced people. Chances are that your phone won't explode, but if you ignore the recall and your phones do catch fire and someone is hurt, your bear some responsibility.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I'll go a step further and say that those ignoring the recall are putting other people at risk too. Phones catching fire are dangerous to anyone who associates with Note 7 owners with affected devices. People who share a home, a plane trip, etc. are at an additional risk, even if that risk is minimal. We take risks every time we leave our homes, drive a car, etc. But knowingly adding risk needlessly is reckless.

Get your phones replaced people. Chances are that your phone won't explode, but if you ignore the recall and your phones do catch fire and someone is hurt, your bear some responsibility.
Exactly. Switching out the phone is a risk people can control. That's the difference.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
those ignoring the recall are putting other people at risk too
Preach. Don't come around me if you choose to keep a defective battery. Don't get in my car, come in my house, don't ride the rail with me, or go to the theater with me. This is bigger than just you. Exaggerating for effect, but you get the idea. It's not just you that could be affected.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Ok well the comment I was addressing is now gone. I will still leave my reply though.

Yeah he did before. We already have another thread about this.

He gave people symptoms to look for which is not what Samsung says.

Samsung can't force anyone. This is the USA, not Iran, we are always free to participate individually in a recall or not.

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site

He's not a moron just the opposite in fact. He is probably one the most honest tech reviewers out.
He doesn't get caught up in the herd mentality of other reviewers and has probably been doing reviews longer than a lot of people on this site.

Also if you only watched that one video, then you really shouldn't be calling him a moron. He has lots of quality reviews out.
Even then calling a person a moron seems go against PUPPAH.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
He's not a moron just the opposite in fact. He is probably one the most honest tech reviewers out.
He doesn't get caught up in the herd mentality of other reviewers and has probably been doing reviews longer than a lot of people on this site.

Also if you only watched that one video, then you really shouldn't be calling him a moron. He has lots of quality reviews out.
Even then calling a person a moron seems go against PUPPAH.

He's not a member of the forums, as is famously said, "it is no insult to say a dead man is dead". If you think that's going too far, I can argue his immorality without labels, so that's no problem. Deciding that he is not a moron would actually have a worse impact on his character, because that would mean that he is knowingly corrupt rather than accidentally. But that said, someone who doesn't know that their professional responsibility should cause them to not endanger those who follow their platform - I guess I don't have any positive terms that could describe such a person. Unethical is just the obvious one, but there's something truly despicable about this person. Cheers though, glad you like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox