09-03-2016 02:41 PM
29 12
tools
    Did you somehow damage your Note 7? Who here is getting a second chance because of this recall?

I was watching Flossy's video, he mentioned that he can take advantage of the recall since one of his Note 7 got scratched on the back. LOL

You can pretty much use it naked right? They will have to exchange it regardless?
    frope01 and Preach2k like this.
    09-03-2016 10:00 AM
    This is the same moron that's telling everyone not to worry about replacing the device because they're not worried. Never heard of him before yesterday, now it seems like everyone's listening to his bad advice. So here's a bit of logic. If a person tells you that it is fine to ignore your own safety until it becomes convenient for them to suddenly reverse course and take the action they advised you against due to an unforeseen advantage that mitigates their personal previous recklessness... that person is a bad person.
    09-03-2016 10:08 AM
    Well, I'd say every single Note7 owner should take advantage of the recall since every single one is in the recall list.

Don't try to guess how serious a problem is or whether you should do it or not.

Recalls are issued mainly due to potentially severe safety flaws. Don't take any recall lightly. Get it sorted.
    09-03-2016 10:09 AM
    I'm not going to take the chance. This isn't like a car recall where they just fix the part. You go in with a cracked screen you may or may not get away with it. You might have to pay for the damage repair or maybe have to send yours in so they can just replace the battery and send it back to you.

I am not going to take that chance.
    09-03-2016 10:15 AM
    I'm not going to take the chance. This isn't like a car recall where they just fix the part. You go in with a cracked screen you may or may not get away with it. You might have to pay for the damage repair or maybe have to send yours in so they can just replace the battery and send it back to you.

I am not going to take that chance.
    Samsung has said that a cracked screen is ok do long as it is fully functional.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-03-2016 10:18 AM
    Samsung has said that a cracked screen is ok do long as it is fully functional.
    Then some got extremely lucky. I just was going from logic. I'm still not going to intentionally damage or go naked because who cares, lol.
    09-03-2016 10:21 AM
    Did you somehow damage your Note 7? Who here is getting a second chance because of this recall?

I was watching Flossy's video, he mentioned that he can take advantage of the recall since one of his Note 7 got scratched on the back. LOL

You can pretty much use it naked right? They will have to exchange it regardless?
    It has to be fully functional. If it is cracked to the point that touch screen isn't working, then they might deny it
    09-03-2016 10:21 AM
    I said this already in a different way. I still had the stock screen protector on and a couple of different cases. Since they issued the recall I am rocking it naked. Figured if it gets messed up, I am pulling the trigger on a new one. Battery issues aside this is the best phone on the market today. Not sure about the soon to be released Google/Nexus, v20 and I wouldn't ever consider an apple product. I hope the Google/Nexus is lightyears ahead of the 10. Other then the speakers I don't see anything special. Rumors are the v20 will have good audio, they have a comparable camera line to Samsung but worse ui. I also had a voluntary recall type issue with my g4. The motherboard was toast from day 1, overheating and battery drain but no failure until after a year. They did replace it for me, so like Samsung they did something.

So naked until new I say.
    09-03-2016 10:28 AM
    This is the same moron that's telling everyone not to worry about replacing the device because they're not worried. Never heard of him before yesterday, now it seems like everyone's listening to his bad advice. So here's a bit of logic. If a person tells you that it is fine to ignore your own safety until it becomes convenient for them to suddenly reverse course and take the action they advised you against due to an unforeseen advantage that mitigates their personal previous recklessness... that person is a bad person.
    You've apparently been living under a rock for awhile... He's a very popular and highly regarded reviewer. Doesn't take free phones to give nice reviews he gives honest and detailed reviews. Seen his note 7 review? Over an hour long
    09-03-2016 10:32 AM
    You've apparently been living under a rock for awhile... He's a very popular and highly regarded reviewer. Doesn't take free phones to give nice reviews he gives honest and detailed reviews. Seen his note 7 review? Over an hour long
    No I haven't seen it; I have only heard this guy's name in two threads, both of which show him to be immoral and lacking journalistic responsibility - so I'm absolutely not going to patronize him. There are lots of popular people that are both stupid and immoral. Not really sure this person needs any distinction other than that.
    09-03-2016 10:36 AM
    I watched some of Flossy's videos for a bit. I do like them, but I don't agree with him on this one.

You should be concerned about the recall and you should absolutely replace your device with a new one as soon as it is available.
    09-03-2016 10:37 AM
    I have issue that Flossy is telling people to ignore a safety recall but return it for damage.

Sure cracked screen people lucked out. Someone telling people to ignore a safety recall isn't someone I would help at all, not a view, not a click.
    toenail_flicker and recDNA like this.
    09-03-2016 10:58 AM
    I have issue that Flossy is telling people to ignore a safety recall but return it for damage.

Sure cracked screen people lucked out. Someone telling people to ignore a safety recall isn't someone I would help at all, not a view, not a click.
    Right; he could be the world's best reviewer and it wouldn't matter because he's unethical and unprofessional. The guy is just a jerk. Surprised to see so many people supporting his idiocy.
    09-03-2016 11:02 AM
    Right; he could be the world's best reviewer and it wouldn't matter because he's unethical and unprofessional. The guy is just a jerk. Surprised to see so many people supporting his idiocy.
    Exactly
    09-03-2016 11:05 AM
    I'll go a step further and say that those ignoring the recall are putting other people at risk too. Phones catching fire are dangerous to anyone who associates with Note 7 owners with affected devices. People who share a home, a plane trip, etc. are at an additional risk, even if that risk is minimal. We take risks every time we leave our homes, drive a car, etc. But knowingly adding risk needlessly is reckless.

Get your phones replaced people. Chances are that your phone won't explode, but if you ignore the recall and your phones do catch fire and someone is hurt, your bear some responsibility.
    09-03-2016 11:14 AM
    I'll go a step further and say that those ignoring the recall are putting other people at risk too. Phones catching fire are dangerous to anyone who associates with Note 7 owners with affected devices. People who share a home, a plane trip, etc. are at an additional risk, even if that risk is minimal. We take risks every time we leave our homes, drive a car, etc. But knowingly adding risk needlessly is reckless.

Get your phones replaced people. Chances are that your phone won't explode, but if you ignore the recall and your phones do catch fire and someone is hurt, your bear some responsibility.
    Exactly. Switching out the phone is a risk people can control. That's the difference.
    09-03-2016 11:16 AM
    those ignoring the recall are putting other people at risk too
    Preach. Don't come around me if you choose to keep a defective battery. Don't get in my car, come in my house, don't ride the rail with me, or go to the theater with me. This is bigger than just you. Exaggerating for effect, but you get the idea. It's not just you that could be affected.
    Kelly Kearns and chriskwarren like this.
    09-03-2016 11:32 AM
    Ok well the comment I was addressing is now gone. I will still leave my reply though.

Yeah he did before. We already have another thread about this.

He gave people symptoms to look for which is not what Samsung says.

Samsung can't force anyone. This is the USA, not Iran, we are always free to participate individually in a recall or not.
    09-03-2016 11:45 AM
    He's not a moron just the opposite in fact. He is probably one the most honest tech reviewers out.
    He doesn't get caught up in the herd mentality of other reviewers and has probably been doing reviews longer than a lot of people on this site.

Also if you only watched that one video, then you really shouldn't be calling him a moron. He has lots of quality reviews out.
    Even then calling a person a moron seems go against PUPPAH.
    09-03-2016 11:56 AM
    He's not a moron just the opposite in fact. He is probably one the most honest tech reviewers out.
    He doesn't get caught up in the herd mentality of other reviewers and has probably been doing reviews longer than a lot of people on this site.

Also if you only watched that one video, then you really shouldn't be calling him a moron. He has lots of quality reviews out.
    Even then calling a person a moron seems go against PUPPAH.
    He's not a member of the forums, as is famously said, "it is no insult to say a dead man is dead". If you think that's going too far, I can argue his immorality without labels, so that's no problem. Deciding that he is not a moron would actually have a worse impact on his character, because that would mean that he is knowingly corrupt rather than accidentally. But that said, someone who doesn't know that their professional responsibility should cause them to not endanger those who follow their platform - I guess I don't have any positive terms that could describe such a person. Unethical is just the obvious one, but there's something truly despicable about this person. Cheers though, glad you like him.
    09-03-2016 12:00 PM

OMG go watch the video and listen to it this time. He said if you're worried about the phone just charge it in the morning when you get up. What the heck is so bad about saying that? You people need to just stop coming down on someone for having an opinion that is different than yours.

It's really insulting that you all think people are so stupid that they wont be able to make up their own mine how they want to deal with this situation.
    I'm pretty sure that most people who can afford to buy this phone are smart enough to figure out how they want to deal with it.
    ucantcme73 likes this.
    09-03-2016 12:01 PM
    I'm still rocking the factory clear plastic protector on mine.
    Have the Bodyguardz HD and Samsung OEM protectors that I better hold now for the new phone.
    09-03-2016 12:03 PM
    He's not a member of the forums, as is famously said, "it is no insult to say a dead man is dead". If you think that's going too far, I can argue his immorality without labels, so that's no problem. Deciding that he is not a moron would actually have a worse impact on his character, because that would mean that he is knowingly corrupt rather than accidentally. But that said, someone who doesn't know that their professional responsibility should cause them to not endanger those who follow their platform - I guess I don't have any positive terms that could describe such a person. Unethical is just the obvious one, but there's something truly despicable about this person. Cheers though, glad you like him.
    Wow okay...I'm done. You win. Hope you feel good about putting other people down.
    For what it's worth to anyone reading this I'm going to keep using my phone and take FCs advice and just plug it up in the morning when I get up and use it until the replacements are in. Then I'll go in and do an exchange. I will however be keeping a case on it, because the last thing I want to do is drop it and have it shatter and then get the run around when I do try and make the exchange.
    09-03-2016 12:04 PM
    OMG go watch the video and listen to it this time. He said if you're worried about the phone just charge it in the morning when you get up. What the heck is so bad about saying that? You people need to just stop coming down on someone for having an opinion that is different than yours.

It's really insulting that you all think people are so stupid that they wont be able to make up their own mine how they want to deal with this situation.
    I'm pretty sure that most people who can afford to buy this phone are smart enough to figure out how they want to deal with it.
    The problem? Phones are not just exploding while charging. He should know this.

Samsung has not said only charge your phones..whatever. He is giving advice concerning a dangerous situation that came from his head. He doesn't even know the exact issues with batteries, no one does. The problem is the battery, not the charger.

How can he tell people that is a safe thing to do?

So I came down on his opinion, you came down on my opinion and told me not to come down on others opinions..

I think the issue here is that people are not understanding what Samsung is doing and what they are doing is telling us how important this is. This type recall has never happened with cell phones.

They are stopping new releases of their flagship device. They are stopping sales of their flagship device.

This is costing them a fortune.

Samsung is in business to make a lot of money on this flagship device.

The actions of Samsung alone on this, without a word spoken, should speak volumes to everyone.

Had a great day!
    chriskwarren likes this.
    09-03-2016 12:13 PM
    Wow okay...I'm done. You win. Hope you feel good about putting other people down.
    Really not clear on what you mean by this. I'm not putting anyone down other than calling out the duplicity of a person who has apparently has a journalistic platform and is telling people to endanger themselves while at the same time advocating his own exchange due to the financial reward of replacing a device he damaged. This isn't a matter of, "oh, well I think this and you think that". This is a matter of a person violating the trust of their position. His responsibility is to advocate for the right thing, even if he personally feels it isn't necessary.

It is incredibly obvious that the statistical likelihood of any one individual having the right combination of a bad device + whatever other factors lead to the meltdown is very small and that means the risk level is very low. But that statistical unlikelihood means absolutely nothing to the next 25 devices that burn or explode or whatever and the stats mean even less to those who can have other property or persons injured because they were told not to worry about it.

Flossy Carter is acting immorally when he is unethically diminishing the risk rather than advocating the free mitigation or elimination of risk out of one side of his mouth while at the same time taking advantage of the recall because it is financially advantageous to do so.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    09-03-2016 12:15 PM
29 12