How Long Has Samsung Known?

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
For Samsung to have new updated phones out to carriers and distributors within 4 weeks even, it would seem to me that they had to have known about this even since launch possibly. You just cant logistically make new phones and get them into the pipeline/ distributed taking into account shipping in such a short time.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
For Samsung to have new updated phones out to carriers and distributors within 4 weeks even, it would seem to me that they had to have known about this even since launch possibly. You just cant logistically make new phones and get them into the pipeline/ distributed taking into account shipping in such a short time.
My phone was manufactured on July 27 and in my hands August 18, so yeah, they can do it in a matter of weeks.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Approximately 3 days. Why do you feel 4 weeks is too short? Moto's factory can get a device custom built and shipped, etc. within 72 hours.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
They're not "making new phones" They have replaced the faulty batteries, and are shipping new devices with the new batteries.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
But a million of them? Made in Korea / China or wherever and shipped to distributors?

Most of the ones they have to repair aren't going to be coming from consumers, they'll be unsold stock that is being transferred back and written down by the retailers. The number they actually have to replace for people exchanging right away will be much smaller. And yes, you can kick out lots and lots of devices when all you're doing is assembly with no design changes.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
But a million of them? Made in Korea / China or wherever and shipped to distributors?
This is about business and the public view of them. IF they don't do this and do it fast, they would lose face publicly, go out of business even more quickly, and possibly face untold lawsuits (class action?). This has to be done quickly and they know it. And the faster they do it, the more face they save.

Carlo Villa

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
63dec959997beb7c238db14084c22730.jpg

Carlo Villa

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
This is about business and the public view of them. IF they don't do this and do it fast, they would lose face publicly, go out of business even more quickly, and possibly face untold lawsuits (class action?). This has to be done quickly and they know it. And the faster they do it, the more face they save.
Lol they will not go out of business, Samsung is a huge company.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Lol they will not go out of business, Samsung is a huge company.
Oh, they could. It has happened to others. Class action suits will take a company down quickly. NO one is too big to fail. Lots of historical examples. Think back to 2007 in the US and the biggies that had to be bailed out. And, heaven forbid they do fail because I love their products, they have been having issues financially. This will deal a big blow as it is.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

With the iPhone 7 coming out, that will take over publicity. If a customer doesn't return the phone and something happens, it's the customers fault.

I think Samsung will do this fast, but we're talking millions of new batteries and phones being made. I didn't get a chance to get one, so I'm going to waiting even longer.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Oh, they could. It has happened to others. Class action suits will take a company down quickly. NO one is too big to fail. Lots of historical examples. Think back to 2007 in the US and the biggies that had to be bailed out. And, heaven forbid they do fail because I love their products, they have been having issues financially. This will deal a big blow as it is.

Samsung Mobile could conceivably be hurt, probably not by this, but in general it's not out of the realm of possibility. Any negative impact to Samsung Mobile will have very little impact on the Samsung Companies as a whole.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

You do realize that Samsung doesn't just make phones, right? They also make other phones besides Notes and S series. As well as other electronic equipment for other companies.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
You mean replaced on machines that did not leave the factory and into dealers stores right? If so I can't imagine they had a huge stock sitting in factory... Apple ships iPhones the moment made from China to stores within days.

They are not getting unopened stock back from dealers and replacing the batteries and reshipping as new.

They're not "making new phones" They have replaced the faulty batteries, and are shipping new devices with the new batteries.

Carlo Villa

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
FYI....Samsung = Products: Apparel, chemicals, consumer electronics, electronic components, medical equipment, semiconductors, ships, telecommunications equipment

Services: Advertising, construction, entertainment, financial services, hospitality, information and communications technology, medical and health care services, retail, shipbuilding

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
FYI....Samsung = Products: Apparel, chemicals, consumer electronics, electronic components, medical equipment, semiconductors, ships, telecommunications equipment

Services: Advertising, construction, entertainment, financial services, hospitality, information and communications technology, medical and health care services, retail, shipbuilding

Didn't realize there was that much. The last few months I've seen commercials on tv for their refrigerators and washers and driers. Mostly those. But I knew about a few others items.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
You do realize that Samsung doesn't just make phones, right? They also make other phones besides Notes and S series. As well as other electronic equipment for other companies.
I get that. I do. They have been having financial issues overall for a while and done a lot of reorganizing since the patriarch died.

Carlo Villa

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Didn't realize there was that much. The last few months I've seen commercials on tv for their refrigerators and washers and driers. Mostly those. But I knew about a few others items.
Samsung Consrruction built the tallest skyscraper on earth !!!

The 2,717 tall Burj Khalifa in Dubai has been the tallest building in the world since 2008.

81b0698a757f6a53f4ebfc07b3113ec9.jpg

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Most of the ones they have to repair aren't going to be coming from consumers, they'll be unsold stock that is being transferred back and written down by the retailers. The number they actually have to replace for people exchanging right away will be much smaller. And yes, you can kick out lots and lots of devices when all you're doing is assembly with no design changes.
Would have been nice if screens were more scratch resistant on new ones.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawiss